Hypothetical: Storm, Souths lose. We win ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
And it's not unlikely,

Melbourne are playing Brisbane @ Brisbane (do or die game for Brisbane)
Souths are playing Cronulla @ Cronulla (do or die game for Cronulla)

We'll have the Minor Premiership secured

What does Des Hasler/YOU do going into Rd 25 and 26 against rubbish teams ??

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
If it plays out this way, it is a MASSIVE MASSIVE advantage going into the finals, being about to soley concentrate on player fitness, and ability Week 1 Finals

IMO if he doesn't rest players, he'd mos def give players like Taupau, Jackson, Finucane, Payne etc maximum game time for added experience and fitness going into the finals

You can't rest Barba or Reynolds cause they have the Dally M (as stupid as that sounds) to worry about ...

Blackys Dogs

Waterboy
Reaction score
And it's not unlikely,

Melbourne are playing Brisbane @ Brisbane (do or die game for Brisbane)
Souths are playing Cronulla @ Cronulla (do or die game for Cronulla)

We'll have the Minor Premiership secured

What does Des Hasler/YOU do going into Rd 25 and 26 against rubbish teams ??
We could know on Friday really as souffs have a 100 +- deficit to make up so just need Melbourne to loose and us win. I would give a couple of the guys a break but in saying that Des has already done this maybe Frank and Benny could use a rest?

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
Frank Pritchard for sure.. he has been playing out of skin

60, 70 even 80 minutes week in week out

Would be well deserved, along with Ennis, Tolman and Morris

'G'

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd rest Barba. I know he wont want to rest because of the Dally M but he has been fit all season and fullback is probably the only position we havnt tried another player in. If he goes down during the finals we need to have a backup plan. I know Inu, Perrett and Goodwin can cover fullback but it would be good to give one of those players a run there before it's do or die in the finals

Woods

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Raiders are not rubbish you can bet they will turn up next week.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
If Raiders lose this week their final hopes are gone and mad Monday will be on their mind.

Dogs on the other hand should test themselves, the game is theirs to lose. Throw the ball round, try a few new things, and if you lose, no biggie.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why would you rest players? When they are in form you play them. We are the fittest team in the comp. Resting players is stupid and disrespectful IMO. Des says we are under the radar, he won't rest anyone

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'd rest Barba. There have been a few times where my heart has stopped thinking he's gonna stay down injured.

I don't care about medals and minor trophies, I care about being best prepared for the finals. Even so, if something, God forbid, happens to Barba, I'd use an entire game to plan who we'd use in his place. Position, support, direction etc...

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
I'd rest Barba. There have been a few times where my heart has stopped thinking he's gonna stay down injured.

I don't care about medals and minor trophies, I care about being best prepared for the finals. Even so, if something, God forbid, happens to Barba, I'd use an entire game to plan who we'd use in his place. Position, support, direction etc...
Sam Perritt is a handing Fullback I think, Godowin is back from injury

I understand where everyone is coming from in terms of resting Barba, but realistically with the Dally M on the line, don't see it happening

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Sam Perritt is a handing Fullback I think, Godowin is back from injury

I understand where everyone is coming from in terms of resting Barba, but realistically with the Dally M on the line, don't see it happening
Not that the club could care about it but, by all reports, he's wrapped it up. Some betting agency (Forgot which one) is already paying out if you've put money on Barba.

PS: Inu can and has played FB, too.

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They can rest at the leagues club once we've got the premiership.

FreakSho

Waterboy
Reaction score
Why would you rest players? When they are in form you play them. We are the fittest team in the comp. Resting players is stupid and disrespectful IMO. Des says we are under the radar, he won't rest anyone
You rest players so you can give them time to recuperate before the finals you dill. In your opinion, if Tolman and Pritchard have been playing above and beyond to cover for Graham and Kasiano, its stupid to give them a rest?

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
Not that the club could care about it but, by all reports, he's wrapped it up. Some betting agency (Forgot which one) is already paying out if you've put money on Barba.

PS: Inu can and has played FB, too.
Are telling a chronic social gambling about a guaranted bet ????

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I want to see the following top 4

1.dogs
2.storm
3.souths
4.manly

It means we avoid Manly and Storm in sudden death until the Grand Final.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
I give Broncos a chance v the Storm this weekend. Rabbits however play the Sharks, they will kill them!

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
I want to see the following top 4

1.dogs
2.storm
3.souths
4.manly

It means we avoid Manly and Storm in sudden death until the Grand Final.
The more I thought about that, the more I'm lending towards playing a grinding team as opposed to an expansive team tbh

We have the ability to grind and score tries when least expected ... That's why I think playing Melbourne or Manly favours us just alittle bit

But what worries me is both those two teams have ALOT of experience, that's our downfall.

It's going to be VERY VERY tough either way, we shouldn't get too much confidence from the regular season. Hasler knows that

Blackys Dogs

Waterboy
Reaction score
Problem with Manly is they will attempt to take a couple of heads off during the game and we might not get them back until it is all over

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
We could know on Friday really as souffs have a 100 +- deficit to make up so just need Melbourne to loose and us win. I would give a couple of the guys a break but in saying that Des has already done this maybe Frank and Benny could use a rest?
This is correct. Souths F/A is so far behind ours, the 4 point break on them is as good as 6 because even on equal points we beat them on F/A. Storm have a good F/A so we want them to lose for sure.

If Storm lose and we win this week, we win the MP.

If this pans out i fully expect Des to rest some players ready for the finals, and give some fringe players more game time in case we need them in the finals. Id rest Kas, Graham, Tolman myself as they will be key in our finals games and do the most work.

Status
Not open for further replies.