Dogs vs Rabbitohs is the ultimate GF

Status
Not open for further replies.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This is my ultimate grand final.

Two old school Sydney clubs with both very proud histories.

It would be also very good for us because 100% of the pressure and media spotlight would be on the phaggitohs due to them not winning anything for the last three centuries. Already they are all over the media with very big things expected of them.

You got some big names playing and there will be plenty of feeling in it, it wouldn't get any better I think.

'G'

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That would be my ultimate grandfinal also but I think there would be alot of pressure on us also seeing as we were either on top or near the top nearly the whole season.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny thing was we spoke about that yesturday at a family dinner... It will be the biggest grand final from recent memory. Last time two Sydney teams met was doggies vs roosters.. Or am I wrong?

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
Funny thing was we spoke about that yesturday at a family dinner... It will be the biggest grand final from recent memory. Last time two Sydney teams met was doggies vs roosters.. Or am I wrong?
St George V Roosters 2010

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Rabbitohs will choke... that I'm certain of. They've got one of the hardest run to the finals too as all the sides they play are pushing for lower top 8 spots.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
You want an "Ultimate Grand Final"?

How about Bulldogs v Anyone with the Dogs winning the 2012 premiership? To me that is the ultimate.

Naki

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Manly vs bulldogs will be the biggest grudge match of a grandfinal and the ULTIMATE **** you on haslers part if we win..

The end

Kiraz Crazy

Hasler_For_PM
Reaction score
Bulldogs V Manly will be the biggest grudge grandfinal of many decades.

Bulldogs V Souths will attract the most attention because all Sydney club supporters will be strongly behind one or the other (many people who i know, who dont support souths pity how long its been since they have last won a GF)

Melbourne V Manly/Brisbane will be a typical, been there done that grandfinal and wont get much attention, will be very boring

All other combinations bar some sort of amazing surge by a non top 5 side will be somewhat reasonable.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still don't rate Souths. I'm certain once they reach the semis young Reynolds will crumble, jus wait for sutton to crumble. Everyone's jizzing over them, but the teams they're beating aren't in the 8. I love the media putting the pressure on them. takes the spotlight off us. Our streak of wins have been over I think 4-5 teams currently in the 8. Like I said in another post, we beat Brisbane in 2 weeks we will hold a mental edge over every team in the semis in that we've beaten them this year. This year is different to 09, parra worried me that year and they got us. This year I fear no one, the dogs are only just starting to build. we're looking good, September is where we start to muscle up and become the most feared team in the comp, I'm excited!

Pa-28

Bring back the BIFF!!!
Reaction score
I definitely don't want to play the Rabbitohs in the finals. Them and Manly are the only teams I can actually see belting us in the forwards! Their pack is massive, halves in form and have quick backs. Going to hard to beat. Give me Melbourne any day in the gf, even if the big 3 are in form our forwards will walk over theirs all day.

BUGDOG

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
its nice to realize the team has far exceeded any expectation i had of them this year.. i remember that excited and hopeful feeling i had for the team this year and also that sick feeling in my stomach at the thought of us having a repeat of the last two years.. am i dreaming? cant believe we are coming 1st!!!!!!!!

bert

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still don't rate Souths. I'm certain once they reach the semis young Reynolds will crumble, jus wait for sutton to crumble. Everyone's jizzing over them, but the teams they're beating aren't in the 8. I love the media putting the pressure on them. takes the spotlight off us. Our streak of wins have been over I think 4-5 teams currently in the 8. Like I said in another post, we beat Brisbane in 2 weeks we will hold a mental edge over every team in the semis in that we've beaten them this year. This year is different to 09, parra worried me that year and they got us. This year I fear no one, the dogs are only just starting to build. we're looking good, September is where we start to muscle up and become the most feared team in the comp, I'm excited!
This !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Allan

Man of Steel
Reaction score
Dogs v Souths would be a great GF but I don't think Souths will make it. They haven't done anything about Sutton. He just isn't consistent enough. He helps win some games and does nothing in others. Also Taylor wastes space and talent. Only runs the outside line.

bmw_s2000

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I have a feeling thats not going to be the case...

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
We may even play souths before the Grand Final. In years such as 03,06 and 09 which we should of made the GF, we were struck out in the 3rd week. Hopefully we don't see a repeat again this year. All I am concerned about is us winning our games, we will worry about who we play when and If the time comes!

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
It will be Dogs vs Cowboys.

BUGDOG

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
i would love to see dogs vs broncos

I have a weird feeling it will be dogs vs knights!

The-Game

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bulldogs Vs Manly, Hasler and Dogs to really give Toovey and Manly a real sore butthurt. Though a few people I've talked to reckon Dogs V Storm, which I'd love to see Slater and Cronk and Smith get hammered.

Status
Not open for further replies.