How bad has phil gould been for panthers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hazem_elmasri

i like phil gould as a commentator and coach. just though it would be a good topic to discuss, as since he's been on board heaps of stuff has happened.

keep discussing!

H

Hitman

Guys, Phil Gould has only been in the club for this season, there were good things and bad things!! good thing= OAK sponser... Bad things= Lachlon coote leaving, Luke Lewis and more to come just to find some info!! Thanks?

H

hazem_elmasri

lachlan coote is overrated. MICHAEL GORDON, is as good as BARBA OR SLATER!!!

A RARE TALENT!!!

it's been said, Gus gould is just winging it over there. No sense of direction or achievement at all. but hey, he gets paid handsomel, more than you and I. so good on him!

PantherPower83

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
lachlan coote is overrated. MICHAEL GORDON, is as good as BARBA OR SLATER!!!

A RARE TALENT!!!

it's been said, Gus gould is just winging it over there. No sense of direction or achievement at all. but hey, he gets paid handsomel, more than you and I. so good on him!
Firstly, who rates Coote?

Secondly, Gordon as good as Barba or Slater?

You have lost credibility in those two comments.

Gould is not "winging it", its clear you have no ability to research, because if you did, you will understand just how stupid your comments are. Then again, maybe you're right...after all who is Gus Gould anyway. Penrith are idiots for handing over the reins to a nobody.

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Firstly, who rates Coote?

Secondly, Gordon as good as Barba or Slater?

You have lost credibility in those two comments.

Gould is not "winging it", its clear you have no ability to research, because if you did, you will understand just how stupid your comments are. Then again, maybe you're right...after all who is Gus Gould anyway. Penrith are idiots for handing over the reins to a nobody.
Exactly. Nice to see an intelligent and informed opinion.

The only thing you were wrong with was saying that hazem_elmasri lost credibility. There was never any credibility to start with.

H

hazem_elmasri

Obviously Gould rates coote.

If you've ever had the pleasure in watching Michael Gordon play you will realise he too, is one freakish talent.

My goodness the sharks are going to be the team to beat next year with him going there, carney, gallen.. WOW!,

Johnny wright will be found out in this team of superstars and consequently dropped from all Nrl activity.

But this is all just my speculation.
Gould really needs to have a dig. Panthers are going nowhere quickly. They again, next year, sadly for those who follow, will not be considered a contender throughout any time of the 2013 Nrl season..

Better luck beyond that!

PantherPower83

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Obviously Gould rates coote.

If you've ever had the pleasure in watching Michael Gordon play you will realise he too, is one freakish talent.

My goodness the sharks are going to be the team to beat next year with him going there, carney, gallen.. WOW!,

Johnny wright will be found out in this team of superstars and consequently dropped from all Nrl activity.

But this is all just my speculation.
Gould really needs to have a dig. Panthers are going nowhere quickly. They again, next year, sadly for those who follow, will not be considered a contender throughout any time of the 2013 Nrl season..

Better luck beyond that!
If I have ever had the pleasure of watching Gordon? Really, you are asking me this? I'm done.

H

hazem_elmasri

As a panthers fan, if you truly are, I'd encourage you to show the past and present players some respect and speak out against all the wrongdoings and mess the club is in, for the future and longevity of the club deserves better than what is currently on offer. Reinstate it as a happy and proud place that it once was in the early 90s. DON'T JUST SIT BACK IN A RIVAL CLUBS FORUM AND PRETEND YOUR BLIND TO WHAT IS GOING ON!!!

PantherPower83

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As a panthers fan, if you truly are, I'd encourage you to show the past and present players some respect and speak out against all the wrongdoings and mess the club is in, for the future and longevity of the club deserves better than what is currently on offer. Reinstate it as a happy and proud place that it once was in the early 90s. DON'T JUST SIT BACK IN A RIVAL CLUBS FORUM AND PRETEND YOUR BLIND TO WHAT IS GOING ON!!!
Refer to post #9

Unlike you, when I post a comment, I post it containing facts and specific examples. When you post, you post based on opinion and speculation. Do you see where I am heading with this?

I don't need encouragment from you about showing respect to my club because unlike you (second differentiation), I actually know **** about my club.

To your point about the 90s, the desired outcome of the plan the Panthers have now is not only to be as good as we once were, but to exceed and become more superior than the best club in the current competition.

H

hazem_elmasri

Refer to post #9

Unlike you, when I post a comment, I post it containing facts and specific examples. When you post, you post based on opinion and speculation. Do you see where I am heading with this?

I don't need encouragment from you about showing respect to my club because unlike you (second differentiation), I actually know **** about my club.

To your point about the 90s, the desired outcome of the plan the Panthers have now is not only to be as good as we once were, but to exceed and become more superior than the best club in the current competition.
Ok, we will see how panfers go in the next, shall we say, 5 years. If they at all make the finals in those years to come, I truly repent. Truly. It's not gonna happen. Best you make the switch to blue and white now mate, give you something to smile about.

Or follow the sharks.

But still visit penrith leagues club, it's great!

Just remember to check out the big pic of Gould at the front reception

Oh, and you can get a glimps of who Michel Gordon is, in a few of the team photos taken in recent years.

Best of luck with it all.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Gus is doing a great job at the Panthers. The previous management dug them into such a f*ck of a hole and it was always going to take years to get out of.

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Refer to post #9

Refer to my post? What did I say wrong now?

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
a. hazem why do you care so much about panthers
b. reading the posted pantherpower has more knowledge of the club then you.

also hearing gould speak on sports talk back about the panthers its very interesting to heard what he has to say about future plans.

he has also knocked back jobs from parra and roosters to stay at panthers

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
lol 20 year plan

that is a long ass plan only set up so that they can have excuses

for example if i take over from a club id set up a 100 year plan, and if they fire me after 20 years ill say ffs you didnt give me the chance to implement the plan

PantherPower83

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol 20 year plan

that is a long ass plan only set up so that they can have excuses

for example if i take over from a club id set up a 100 year plan, and if they fire me after 20 years ill say ffs you didnt give me the chance to implement the plan
As opposed to the highly successful year on year plan? We are a club that peaks once a decade, and for a club with the nursery base that we have, its simply unacceptable. So, a 20 year plan which you might find amusing, is actually something our club needs - long term strategy and direction.

Gould is not an idiot and there are clear short and medium term goals with the view of the bigger picture. I also don't expect Gus to be at the club for a lengthy period of time, merely enough to get the foundations, mission, and vision cemented so that people within the club can carry it on with the execution.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
As opposed to the highly successful year on year plan? We are a club that peaks once a decade, and for a club with the nursery base that we have, its simply unacceptable. So, a 20 year plan which you might find amusing, is actually something our club needs - long term strategy and direction.

Gould is not an idiot and there are clear short and medium term goals with the view of the bigger picture. I also don't expect Gus to be at the club for a lengthy period of time, merely enough to get the foundations, mission, and vision cemented so that people within the club can carry it on with the execution.
can you break down the 20 year plan for me, im interested in what takes 20 years and why

are you building a huge spaceship and taking your home games to the moon?

H

hazem_elmasri

Rodzilla and I share the same views on this. Really, a 20 year plan. Chances are Gould will be a senile old man then with no grasp on the game that is played then. It's all for excuses, so he can say, "hey, I did my part!"

Penny panthers for the spoon next year!

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Rodzilla and I share the same views on this. Really, a 20 year plan. Chances are Gould will be a senile old man then with no grasp on the game that is played then. It's all for excuses, so he can say, "hey, I did my part!"

Penny panthers for the spoon next year!
20 years for him to become senile.. the bloke is honestly half way there already. Give another season, 2 seasons tops!

Status
Not open for further replies.