How much do NRL referees get paid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Obviously not expecting anyone to actually know this, just have a guess.

Me and a guy at work were just talking about it. I said surely it'd be around from $80k-$150k its not like there's that many good refs running around. And they dont get the most respect in the world. He said $100k max.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Yeh the ones that ref NRL 1st grade consistantly
hmm well if they are making $100k then maybe i should become a ref

it will be funny as well, a clear knock on everyone sees it but i do the opposite and say knock back

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ive heard from a good mate of mine that Archer is on $150k.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
I think we had one member on here who was training to become a Professional NRL ref... he would probably know how much teh refs are getting

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I heard Matt Cecchin works pro bone-o ...all he asks is for some pink balls to play with after each game...

Err this is not a gay joke, it is a pink balls/ WIL joke :P

dogkat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeh the ones that ref NRL 1st grade consistantly
Archer used to work 3 days a week in his other job when reffing 1st grade.

Of course that may have changed in the last few years.

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
I think we had one member on here who was training to become a Professional NRL ref... he would probably know how much teh refs are getting
Steve Mortimer I think he went under ...

$64, Can of coke & a pie

P

Paint.

Most refs have other jobs outside of the NRL, a lot of them are school teachers, I think. Don't think it would be much more high paying than your average job, but probably could milk a few 3rd party payments out of it.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Bill Harrigan is on $250k a season, that's confirmed.

I'd say video and senior refs are on $150k, established refs on $100k and entry level refs on $70-80k.

PantherPower83

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's very easy to critise referees. Some of the ambiguous rules in our game are left to interpretation and across all the officials, we are bound to get some inconsistencies.

What astounds me about the officials is not the ability to make correct calls, but more so their fitness! These guys do well to keep up with the players, and during some run away tries, do you see how quick some of them are?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
It's very easy to critise referees. Some of the ambiguous rules in our game are left to interpretation and across all the officials, we are bound to get some inconsistencies.

What astounds me about the officials is not the ability to make correct calls, but more so their fitness! These guys do well to keep up with the players, and during some run away tries, do you see how quick some of them are?
How good half time entertainment would that make .. 100m dash between the linesmen, and refs!!

I reckon that'd be cool!

Brett Suttor and (that other little short bloke) are the quickest NRL refs, but you raise a decent point about their speed and conditioning.

Does anyone know if the coaches train together each week, or is their fitness left up to them?

The-Game

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol over paid?? An NRL ref is a terrible job. you dumb dumbs.

Btw it was in the paper a few months ago its between 60 & 100k
I wouldn't say no to 60-100k for running around for 80 mins making sh*t calls. Ffs people work 12 hour days year round and don't make close to that.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
With the amount of sh*t these guys cop from fans, media and now players. they deserve to be well paid.

its not like every kid growing up wants to be a ref

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They need to get paid more!

If they were earning up to $200k based on performance, Im sure there would be a greater selection of refs to choose from and they would not make as many errors! (a bit like our off contract players playing for future contracts)

Still it is a tough job!

Status
Not open for further replies.