New A-League team West Sydney Wanderers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
THE A-League has announced its new Western Sydney franchise will be called the Wanderers.

It was also announced today that the team would play in a red, black and white kit, designed by Nike.

It is the first A-League team to have a Nike uniform.

The club revealed three new signings: Aaron Mooy, Tarek Elrich and Kwabena Appiah-Kubi.

MORE TO COME

http://www.news.com.au/sport/soccer...sydney-wanderers/story-fndkzvnd-1226407587112

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Im happy that Tarek has signed for a club after the way how Newcastle treated him being their only foundation player

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
I still contend that Western Sydney Riff-Raff was a much better name ...

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
if they had black shorts they would look like dennis the menace (not the yank version)

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Cheaper Bolton Wanderers and Flamengo.

BootS

Danned
Reaction score
They will be as bad as GWS.

SYD FC and Swans ftw

PantherPower83

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad to see Nike come on board and hopefully WSW get a high profile jersey sponsor too.

I like the club colours and I dont mind the Wanderers name.

Let's just hope they do a better job than the other A League clubs around community engagement and involvement and really take full advantage of the audience across the West, Greater West, North West and South West Sydney regions.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
The old school NSL fans who support Marconi Syd utd and Olympic are not going to embrace them in anyway.

To them they are just another plastic franchise

PantherPower83

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The old school NSL fans who support Marconi Syd utd and Olympic are not going to embrace them in anyway.

To them they are just another plastic franchise
As opposed to having a amateur franchise? This is professional football which is about corporate dollars and sponsorship and business management. Old school Marconi and Olympic fans can live in the past and reminice about the good old days while everyone else moves on.

We now have a team for Western Sydney in the A League. Get on board I say.

Status
Not open for further replies.