The top 20 signings in the NRL for 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Greg Prichard picks the 20 signings that will have the most impact in 2012

20. BRYCE GIBBS (Tigers to Sharks): Since the Sharks have lost a couple of key props, it is critical for them that Gibbs produces his best form

19. ROBERT LUI (Tigers to Cowboys): Could prove top-10 buy, but still a question mark over his playing future due to ongoing court matter. ( Stood down idefinitly )

18. ADAM CUTHBERTSON (Dragons to Knights): The sensible thing for him was to follow Wayne Bennett to the Knights, and he did that.

17. DANNY BUDERUS (Leeds to Knights): No spring chicken, at 34, but will work his guts out and provide inspiration for his teammates.

16. ANDREW FIFITA (Tigers to Sharks): Word out of the Tigers was that Fifita didn't work hard enough. Up to the Sharks to make it happen.

15. NATE MYLES (Roosters to Titans): Finished on a bad note at the Roosters, but if he is switched on he could turn out a tremendous buy.

14. BEAU CHAMPION (Storm to Titans): Big, strong player yet to reach his potential, but at 25 there is still plenty of time for that to happen.

13. BEN ROBERTS (Bulldogs to Eels): Had some good years at the Bulldogs, but best may be yet to come. Depends on how the Eels use him.

12. ISAAC DE GOIS (Knights to Sharks): Quality player with a never-say-die attitude who will help inspire the younger players at the Sharks.

11. PETERO CIVONICEVA (Panthers to Broncos): He's as old as the hills, but like the hills he still looks pretty good. A pure professional.

10. WILLIE TONGA (Cowboys to Eels): The Eels lacked strike power in the outside backs in recent years. Tonga gives them a go-to man.

9. LUKE DOUGLAS (Sharks to Titans): The Titans were getting old, particularly in the forwards. Douglas will be a key in reversing that trend.

8. JAMAL IDRIS (Bulldogs to Titans): Could prove to be a much more important buy, but needs to develop consistency that has been missing from his career so far.

7. RYAN HOFFMAN (Wigan to Storm): Still only 28, and will fit straight back into the Craig Bellamy way of doing things like a hand in a glove.

6. KADE SNOWDEN (Sharks to Knights): Nathan Tinkler wanted him bad. Now he just has to win a few Group I races - sorry, NRL matches.

5. CHRIS SANDOW (Rabbitohs to Eels): It remains to be seen if the switch is good for him, but the potential he offers the Eels is huge. He's an absolute livewire.

4. JAMES GRAHAM (St Helens to Bulldogs): Love the way he gives his all for the Poms, and Des Hasler will take up him a couple of notches.

3. TODD CARNEY (Roosters to Sharks): Would be top if we were sure Carney the footballer was all we were dealing with, but we can't be.

2. ADAM BLAIR (Storm to Tigers): The Tigers have struggled to find the right forward mix. Blair will have an immediate and huge impact.

1. DARIUS BOYD (Dragons to Knights) Tremendous fit for the Knights, who have been juggling a few players at fullback in recent years.

All Player Pics can be viewed at League HQ

http://www.smh.com.au/photogallery/...nings-in-the-nrl-for-2012-20120203-1qxda.html

Now that we have reached the half way mark of season 2012 who do you consider to be the Good Buys and the Dud Buys of the season??? and Why???

Since Krisnan Inu was a mid season transfer let me just add him to this list.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I can count at LEAST 9 of them which are duds.

Pretty much anyone that went to the Knights or Eels = instant dud. Likewise Robert "I beat my partner" Lui.

Jamal Idris to Titans as well. Infact given their position on the ladder you could add anyone that went to the Titans as well, and push it to about 12/20 dud signings.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Carney, Graham, De Gois, Fifita, Gibbs snd Hoffman. The rest are duds. Add Krisnan Inu to the list!

Woods

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
13. BEN ROBERTS (Bulldogs to Eels): Had some good years at the Bulldogs, but best may be yet to come. Depends on how the Eels use him.

****ing lol At this.

He was crap for us and he is crap for the eels he is just not a good player. I cant understand why so many dogs fans have had a hard on fo him.

Almobro

Gunner
Reaction score

****ing lol At this.

He was crap for us and he is crap for the eels he is just not a good player. I cant understand why so many dogs fans have had a hard on fo him.
Did you become a supporter in 2010? You obviously missed the 2009 season.

Woods

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
he was average at best in 2009 i only remember him having one good game and that was against the broncos that year.

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In defence of this original list, the guy stuck his neck out before the season. Some of them did seem like good picks at the time, such as Boyd.

The Daily Telegraph did similar lists last week. See below.

Woods

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yes average. If Kimmorley wasn't playing with him that year he would of been non existent IMO. Who gives a **** about 2009 anyway hes been crap for 3 years and thats what i was laughing about.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
In defence of this original list, the guy stuck his neck out before the season. Some of them did seem like good picks at the time, such as Boyd.

The Daily Telegraph did similar lists last week. See below.

Love the list totally agree:grinning:!!! At the time the original list was compiled by Greg Prichard on the 8th of March not many people would have batered an eye lid but three months down the track the flaws in this list have become apparent for the whole NRL community to see.

IMO in the question of Krisnan Inu no one could have asked for a better start to his Bulldog NRL career since transfering from the Warriors with 3 tries, 6 goals and a field goal (25 points) in his first 2 games in the Blue & White. I must admit I was skeptical apon his signing with his lack of commitment and reported laziness but if his first 2 games are anything to go by consider me a convert. Besides guys in Des I trust.

col of birchmen

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember going to the Dogs tigers game at campbelltown last year and overheard all these tigers fans that were spewing that Blair was coming, even they knew he wouldnt do a thing especially for $500'000 a year

PantherPower83

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Carney and Graham are the guys of the season so far. Fifita isn't far behind.

Anyone who thinks Bennett is a dud buy is crazy. You cant do much with that roster.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
20. BRYCE GIBBS - Good
19. ROBERT LUI - Dud
18. ADAM CUTHBERTSON - Dud
17. DANNY BUDERUS - Dud
16. ANDREW FIFITA - Average
15. NATE MYLES - Good
14. BEAU CHAMPION - Average
13. BEN ROBERTS - Dud
12. ISAAC DE GOIS - Good