Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Panthers Pounce on Flying Sea Eagle:

Penirth have signed manly utility back dean whare to fill the gap left by Michael Gordon's departure to Cronulla. Whare is the latest victim of the premiers salary cap woes, with the sea eagles keen to keep him but unable to match a healthy offer from the panthers. A speedstar and noted tryscorer, Whare who bagged a hat-trick in his NRL debut, has the ability to play wing, centre and fullback. Ironically Whare scored the Eagle's only try against his future team mates last sunday.

TrickmA

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Panthers Pounce on Flying Sea Eagle:

Penirth have signed manly utility back dean whare to fill the gap left by Michael Gordon's departure to Cronulla. Whare is the latest victim of the premiers salary cap woes, with the sea eagles keen to keep him but unable to match a healthy offer from the panthers. A speedstar and noted tryscorer, Whare who bagged a hat-trick in his NRL debut, has the ability to play wing, centre and fullback. Ironically Whare scored the Eagle's only try against his future team mates last sunday.
Good buy, wonder how much.

Tha DoggFather

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Bye bye Whare, Hello Jennings...........

BTW Why is penriff asking for Salary Cap help when they are signing players?

Karat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
in before someone says "why can't the bulldogs attract players"

Tha DoggFather

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
in before someone says "why can't the bulldogs attract players"
If Inu has a couple of more games like Monday's, I think thats when we will start signing players. Inu will be a good example of how great Desmond can make you

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
whare is a good player, though i agree how are pennys buying when they asking for cap help? jennings must be on the shopping list.

Tha DoggFather

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Reminds me of the Titans asking for help but still splurging on Taylor..............

Karat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Inu has a couple of more games like Monday's, I think thats when we will start signing players. Inu will be a good example of how great Desmond can make you
TBH I think because we have so many off contract players, the media links us to everyone..

I bet the only player we were seriously chasing and missed out on, was Foran,

Tha DoggFather

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Point taken, but I think the one we were really targeting was/is T-Rex, especially now Reynolds has proved himself in FG

Allan

Man of Steel
Reaction score
I would say that they have factored in the sale of Jennings. If they assume they will get say $300k for Jennings which is achievable, they still have to pay him the other $300k but it leaves $300k to play with. If they got Whare for $200 or less then they are well ahead.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
So based on this, Manly have freed up more cash so may keep TRex, whilst Panthers will now need to offload Jennings?

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
could be.

but I think Des wanted Foran badly.....
As he should. The best young halves player to come along since Thurston and Marshall almost a decade back.

Karat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As he should. The best young halves player to come along since Thurston and Marshall almost a decade back.
agreed...

DCE has sort of been struggling since he has been out.

PantherPower83

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty happy with this signing.

Had potential as a Dragons junior and has been given limited opportunities in the Manly team so hopefully it's at Penrith where he fully takes off.

1 Coote
2 Uaisele
3 Jennings
4 Whare
5 Mansour

Looks like a better looking line up.

Tha DoggFather

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Pretty happy with this signing.

Had potential as a Dragons junior and has been given limited opportunities in the Manly team so hopefully it's at Penrith where he fully takes off.

1 Coote
2 Uaisele
3 Jennings
4 Whare
5 Mansour

Looks like a better looking line up.
If the rumors are true, you need a new number 3 ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.