Inglis "try"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If he's not playing at the ball then how the hell did he score the try? Surely to score a try you are making "a play" at the ball.

Not saying it's try or no try... just that the whole "played at" rule is a joke. The refs are just guessing what the players intentions are based on no real evidence whatsoever. They can't read minds. To decide trys, games, origins, and even premierships based on a shot in the dark guess from a referee is ludricous. It's far too complicated and the whole thing is a massive grey area.
When it bounced back on his arm as others have stated. He played at it when it hit the ground. Clearly it is a major grey area and we will never gain agreement amongst everyone.

CB1935

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Inglis was going to score.

Farah kicked it out of hand.

The force of kick dislodged the ball. Rebounded off Inglis forearm. Not played at. Play on.

It's not like Inglis was catching the ball once it got kicked out of his hand. It got kicked out and it hit his forearm. Split-second thing. When the ball was up for grabs, he went for it and put it down.

Try.

It's not rocket science. Stop whinging. That play did not cost Blue the game. They have enough ball to secure the win well before then. They lacked attacking prowess and it cost them. Scoring off bombs will not win you the game. They need to be better to knock QLD off.

The-Game

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's always gonna be a two-sided discussion, obviously for the most part It'll be Qld agree, Nsw disagree but like I've said, Nothing we say will change what happened, nor will it really change the poor standards of our referee's.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
No surprises that Harrigan won't admit error on such a controversial decision - has to back up his man.

Worst call in history...I still can't get over it.
Nope - Nothing is worse than that cat Soward at Kogarah ... b*tch ran faster to complain to the ref than what he did trying to tackle Patten.

The-Game

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not really a ref controversy, but I remember back like 5 6 years ago during I think it was Rooters or Eels game, the goalkicker missed, but the touch judges raised their flags for a conversion. I remember there was alot of anger over that.

P

Paint.

I'd say the forward pass to Thurston, for the grubber to Steve Bell to score the match AND series winner in an origin match a few years ago was worse...

CB1935

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Nope - Nothing is worse than that cat Soward at Kogarah ... b*tch ran faster to complain to the ref than what he did trying to tackle Patten.
Robert Finch said Clarke got it wrong.

Harrigan wasn't top dog until 2011 season.

The-Game

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As we dislike refs, I'll throw in Carroll running over the ref and knocking him out cold. Gave me the lol's

nasals

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It's been an annoying day listening to the whole try saga and the bad penalties. Ricky Stuart's personality has permeated the psyche of NSW players and journalists, everyone's become a whinger over one try and one penalty.

Perhaps in Game II, they should not award any penalties to QLD, all their players have to have one arm tied behind their back and NSW can stand 5m in defence, that way if NSW lose we won't have to hear anymore of their *****in' .... but I doubt it ;)

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Nowhere near as annoying as the sound of 100,000 QLD'ers faping over that imposter Inglis.

Seriously ... how can you be proud that your states greatest development achievement in Inglis has spent less than 10% of his entire life in QLD?

He cheapens your jersey. He mocks your history.
Everything you all brag about is tainted with NSW impurities !

That blanket of denial sure is warm and cosy North of the Tweed.

The-Game

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Surposivly Ricky Stuart has put a media ban on Game 2. Nsw players aren't allowed to talk to the media at all.

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Surposivly Ricky Stuart has put a media ban on Game 2. Nsw players aren't allowed to talk to the media at all.
Unless we win of course.. than Gallen can gloat and carry on like Smith did.

The-Game

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Same sh*t happening atm with the Raiders v Rabbitohs, another poor video ref decision.

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Slaters 2nd try in the Storm v bronco's game, vid ref didn't even stop to watch if it actually touched the Melb players hand before it hit the ground and back to Billy. Just watched it once and went straight to the grounding.

I really don't understand how these video refs can get it wrong with all the equipment and camera angles they've got at their disposal.

P

Paint.

Slaters 2nd try in the Storm v bronco's game, vid ref didn't even stop to watch if it actually touched the Melb players hand before it hit the ground and back to Billy. Just watched it once and went straight to the grounding.

I really don't understand how these video refs can get it wrong with all the equipment and camera angles they've got at their disposal.
Didn't touch O'Niell's hand, it came off the back of Cronk's foot as he was running behind him.

B

bulldogs_fan69

Nowhere near as annoying as the sound of 100,000 QLD'ers faping over that imposter Inglis.

Seriously ... how can you be proud that your states greatest development achievement in Inglis has spent less than 10% of his entire life in QLD?

He cheapens your jersey. He mocks your history.
Everything you all brag about is tainted with NSW impurities !

That blanket of denial sure is warm and cosy North of the Tweed.
Hey NSW has always used New Zealanders.. if new zealanders have the choice to play for NSW then I think it's fine if a New South Welshman (lol) wants to play for QLD. You can't just argue one side

P

Paint.

Hey NSW has always used New Zealanders.. if new zealanders have the choice to play for NSW then I think it's fine if a New South Welshman (lol) wants to play for QLD. You can't just argue one side
But you're completely missing the point...
Those NZers (eg James Tamou) are actually eligible for NSW, whereas under all eligibility rules, Inglis is available for no one but NSW.

Status
Not open for further replies.