Flu shots. Your experiences ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The flu vax is an inert/dead vaccine. It alone will not give you a flu or cold. What normally happens is that once it is injected, all our bodies good little warriors go to the site to investigate the foreign intruder and make antibodies "just in case". Meanwhile, any other bugs that have been laying low in your system (or even ones you come into contact with shortly after being immunized) have a small window of time to come out and party on down. Without the pesky Immunity Police on their case.

That being said, I had te Flu Vax for the first time last year, and I was incredibly sick the whole year. However there are too many variables for me to blame it on the injection. Stress, change of routine, a lacking diet, being stuck inside everyday due to starting full time work.

I've heard many people say it makes them more sick than usual. But I don't have enough proof to say its the cause. One observation is that it reduces the severity of general flu illness, as your body is primed to fight it.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Took the boy to work and got the shot because that was the deal (I watched him get his etc) .... and HE got the lollipop. :mmph:

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
not that reliable. My own GP told me its a waste of time.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Keep you fluids and vitamins c, multi vitamins up etc (kids too) and you dont need a flu shot.

TBH, never had one, and have not had a bad flu in years.

Kids are always going to catch some sort of cough or sniffle from day care/ school as they are cess pools for germs, but as i said keeo the vitamins up, expecially C and all will be good during winter.
^^^^
This.... or according to George Carlin, go swimming in the Hudson river so your immune system can fight off polio no problems!
I can't find that video with George, been removed from youtube! I wonder why? probably to keep the weak and girly generation that way forever?

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Never get it. Train hard and have an active healthy lifestyle - Thats the best flu shot you can give yourself!
this too!
won't happen though, not with the lazy and girly generation of today

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
Haven't had any sort of shot since I was about 14 or 15. Haven't been epic sick in recent years - try to stay reasonably active and eat fruit lol

Status
Not open for further replies.