Haters gonna hate ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
I know what it's like to be you, the Bulldogs fan.

United, we are a force of goodwill.

In victory, it makes the feeling sweeter celebrating it with thousands of others just like us sharing the journey.
... and in defeat, we shelter each other from the disappointments, so we don't face tomorrow alone.

We are the family of fans past. The sons, daughters and grand-children of those who've watched us grow over the last 70+years.

We are the seeds of fans in future generations, who we will pass our legacy on to.

You know this, because you were been gifted with it. It's not something that can be taught. It's a reward for discovery. That someone, somewhere, from one day years ago, who showed you the Bulldogs, and when you decided THIS is for me ! - For some, that may have been recently. For others, they may have been blessed generations ago.

Yeah, I know what it's like to be you ...

You wear your colours like a badge of honour.
It's not enough simply "being" a Bulldogs fan, because you know you're more than that.
It's as unquestionable. It's in every fibre of your DNA !
I ... AM ... a Bulldogs fan !!!

You suffer the same slings and taunts, for no other reason than wearing your chosen colours.
Strangers. Drunks. Random morons.
Friends. Work colleagues.
Sometimes even from within your own household !!!

There's not one of us who hasn't escaped the outbursts of other clubs fans over the last decade.

Yes-Sir-Eee .... I know exactly what it's like to be you.

We go into every game, knowing every teams fans, would love nothing more than to beat us !
EVERYONE ... and I mean EVERYONE ... hates YOU come game day.
And all you have to do is wear the blue'n'white to set them off !

I've heard it time and time again ...
"Oh god, I can't stand those Dogs, I hope we don't lose to them !"

That's "fear" talking ... they hate us so much, we're in their heads before a ball has been kicked.
They think about us weeks in advance. They come taunting and shooting their mouths off "I can't wait to kick your Doggies **** on the weekend."
All of it ... is based on fear, and they don't do it to other teams any where near as much as they do with us, year after year.

When they win ... they're rubbing in it your face "HA, HA sucked in r*pist !!!"

When they lose ... they'll make up any sh*t and try to make it stick.
I've already encountered some of it tonight, and I didn't even go to the game.

It seems some reactionary morons have decided online that we disrespected Cst Rixon's minute silence. If you watch FOX you may notice just after Josh Morris is seen taking a swig of water, some kids in the crowd can be seen mid-chuckle, right at the point when the minute silence starts : This has been interpreted by some as blatant disrespect for a fallen policeman with 6 kids. There have been threats of "going to the media to have them named and shamed".

I'm hear to tell you "not to worry" ... because I know what it's like to be you.

You've been facing small-minded bigots with pre-existing prejudices for the last decade.
This is just the next example. And there'll be more, because Bulldogs fans are a convenient hook for everyone to hang their blame on.

Here's what I want you to do .... BE PROUD !!! Wear your colours and taunt those idiots !

The mere sight of our jersey is enough to unite those like us, and p*ss off those who hate us.
You'll be making people's day, while ruining others, simply because of what you chose to wear today !

I don't know about you, but I can't go half an hour in my local shopping centre with my jersey on, without getting a friendly wink or a nod, from some fellow Bulldogs family !

We're on the verge of a comeback, and THEY would love nothing more, than if we fell on our ****.
Manly fans especially have developed a paranoia when it come to us, and are already looking to the calendar for Round 8.

Wins like tonight, remind me how sweet it is to be a Dogs fan.

And while THEY do their best to make mud stick, to detract away from what good we do both on and off the field, nothing changes the fact they ALL fear us again. THEY will use anything to discredit us. They'll call us cheats, r*pists, terr*rists, thugs, vandals. They'll say we bash pregnant women. They'll say we trashed their cars with paint. They'll say we laughed at the passing of a fallen policeman. They'll misquote us, and misrepresent us to suit their own agendas, and satisfy their belief in false stereotypes.

Success is the best revenge, and they hate us for it.

We're a powerhouse. We're self-reliant. We have one of the richest histories, based on generations of work-ethic and the feats of average blokes who grew to become men. People come to us, and leave better for it.

It;s been a rocky road the last decade, and every hater has lined up for their free-kick at our reputation and integrity.

But look at us now ... we got Greenberg, we got Des, and we're winning on all counts.

STICK THAT IN YOUR ARSE haters !!!

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Judging by the time and length of the post id say CK had a few celabratory drinks after the win hehe. GW CK and GW Dogs.

Gunna have a grin on my dial all week, that was a special win.

Benny77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
ill say it again.... I ****IN LOVE YOU CAPTAIN!

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love you, CK. as a Bulldogs fan, you just have to suck it up. They will dredge up issues from 10 years ago to try and prove we are te worst club out there.
It does not matter to us.
They are now going to hang on to the Hasler is from Manly taunt. It doesn't matter to us. Des bleeds blue and white now.

Win or lose, we get crap. For no apparent or currently relevant reason.

The only thing important right now is that we beat St George! Te he he

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Well said CK. Inspiring. Only a bulldog truly knows a bulldog.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
True that, it has been a very tough decade indeed!!!

MAD DOG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
passion, loyalty, heart....... bulldogs forever..

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
One of these days there is going to be an uprising, and I dare say CK will be at the forefront of it with his megaphone.

Love your work CK :D

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Started 20 years ago for me where as 4 year old Dad took me to my first game at Belmore. Can't remember who was playing but remember even at the age of 4 I was hooked. Then that magic game in 1993 where as a 5 year old I had the joy with 27000 other fans (a record to this day) see MY team smash Parramatta and from that point on I knew that there was no other team for me. This was a lifetime commitment. I was Bulldogs fan for life and there was nothing anybody could do to change it. Over the years I like my fellow supporters have had to put up with the taunts and stigma that came with being a Bulldogs supporter and especially from my Brother who unfortunately is a mad St Merge fan (and yes I have been gloating to him all day) but it is games like last night that make it all worth it. We are building towards something I can feel it and while it may not be this year (I am trying not to get too excited because it is still only early days) but mark my words the BULLDOGS ARE BACK AND HERE TO STAY

PS. Love your work CK makes me proud to be a dogs supporter reading posts like this so keep them coming

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
This. Whenever I see an epic long post by CK, I'll just assume its about how we're family, we're passionate, etc etc go bulldogs.

Love your passion but you posts are too ****ing long lol

matauce

Baller
Reaction score
This. Whenever I see an epic long post by CK, I'll just assume its about how we're family, we're passionate, etc etc go bulldogs.

Love your passion but you posts are too ****ing long lol
x 2. Great win boys. I loved the way we played

Status
Not open for further replies.