What each top team needs in the upcoming transfer window!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magic Arrow

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Real Madrid
  • Center Back​
  • Back-up CM​

Barcelona
  • Back-up CB​
  • Forward (Depth)​

Manchester City
  • Forward (Replace Tevez)​
  • World-Class Center Back​

Manchester United
  • Creative Midfielder​
  • Holding Midfielder​

Tottenham
  • Striker (Support for Adebayor)​

Chelsea
  • Winger​
  • Creative Midfielder​

Liverpool
  • Striker​
  • Holding Midfielder​
  • Right Winger​

Arsenal
  • Central Midfielder​
  • Striker (Support for RVP)​

Was bored with a little too much time on my hands :S

Anyone think I'm wrong please correct me, or if you feel something should be added let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Manchester City dont need to buy anyone. And with Kompany, Lescott & Kolo Toure there, why do they need a CB?

Arsenal also need a LB.

Big Nick

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good thread Magic. I'll be interested to see what others think also.:grinning:

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
City could do with a world class CB to partner Kompany who, in my opinion, is soon becoming one of the best CBs in the world. Sure they don't need one but they can afford to so why not?

Didn't Real buy two CMs as back up this season? Haven't watched them much but I don't think they've played much have they?

Arsenal need a versatile fullback that can play both sides given our problems in that area atm and like you mentioned a partner/support striker for RVP. Could do with a CM but when Wilshere gets back he will add a new dimension to our team. Also I think we need to improve our depth and clear out some deadwood.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
We dont need a CB and a CM, We need a RW and a striker

With CBs and CM we are covered very well there

Magic Arrow

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry, I don't watch much of the PL, I was just going by what I know.

Manchester City dont need to buy anyone. And with Kompany, Lescott & Kolo Toure there, why do they need a CB?

Arsenal also need a LB.
Kolo is gone for AFCON, and I think they should really invest in a Thiago Silva type player.

City could do with a world class CB to partner Kompany who, in my opinion, is soon becoming one of the best CBs in the world. Sure they don't need one but they can afford to so why not?

Didn't Real buy two CMs as back up this season? Haven't watched them much but I don't think they've played much have they?

Arsenal need a versatile fullback that can play both sides given our problems in that area atm and like you mentioned a partner/support striker for RVP. Could do with a CM but when Wilshere gets back he will add a new dimension to our team. Also I think we need to improve our depth and clear out some deadwood.
Real bought Varane, but he's only 18 and we've got Carvalho off contract.

We dont need a CB and a CM, We need a RW and a striker

With CBs and CM we are covered very well there
Well, you'd know more than me, so updated.

chelsea - attacking / creative midfielder and a right back
I agree with the midfielder, but not the right back. Bosingwa and Ivanovic are doing the job quite well.

Moronic Musings

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
bosingwa is rubbish and ivanovic hasnt been his usual self this season

Magic Arrow

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Isn't Varane a CB?
Yeah, but still very young. Reminds me of Thiago Silva, but obviously there's a gulf in class. Other than Albiol (who IMO is not up to RM standard) we have no cover.

Real Madrid have plenty of depth, there's two good players in every position

Ramos/Arbeloa-Carvalho/Albiol-Pepe/Varane-Marcelo/Coentrao
Alonso/Sahin-Khedira/Diarra
Di Maria/Altintop-Ozil/Kaka-Ronaldo/Callejon
Benzema/Higuain

Thing is our back-up CBs aren't good enough quality, and our midfielders have been injured recently (Diarra, Sahin. Khedira,Altintop, Kaka, have all been injured) therefore we probably need one more player there. IMO we shouldn't have loaned Gago.

bosingwa is rubbish and ivanovic hasnt been his usual self this season
I think that's harsh, still, I think there are more immediate concerns than RB for Chelsea.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
A PRICE ON BENT DEAL
There's been plenty of talk about Darren Bent joining Liverpool and the Sunday Mirror go a step further by suggesting that Aston Villa would find it very difficult to turn down a £24m bid for the striker who kept them in the Premier League last season with nine goals in 16 games.

Villa might certainly look at that £24m figure and think that they could buy three or four decent players to launch a concerted assault on a top-eight finish.

But surely Liverpool don't need Bent when they have £35m striker Andy Carroll?

PODOLSKI FOR ARSENAL
We've heard this one before too, but it seems to be gathering momentum, with the Mail on Sunday putting a £10million figure on the deal that would take Germany star Lukas Podolski to Arsenal in January.

'Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has one of the biggest transfer funds in Europe at present, with about £40m still left over from the summer sales of Cesc Fabregas, Samir Nasri and Gael Clichy,' says the MoS.

In case you haven't been keeping track of the Bundesliga, Podolski has scored 14 goals in 16 league games this season. But bearing that in mind, would Podolski be happy to play second fiddle to Robin van Persie.

WALCOTT WAR
We're not sure we should give this too much credence but the Daily Star Sunday claims: 'THEO WALCOTT and Arsenal are at WAR over his demand for a new £85,000-a-week, four-year deal.' Liverpool, Chelsea, PSG and Juventus are all mentioned as potential suitors.

AND THE REST
Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini will snap up Daniele De Rossi if Roma put him up for sale...Doncaster have turned down a bid from Leicester City boss Nigel Pearson for striker Billy Sharp...Newcastle are monitoring Montpellier's France Under-21 international defender Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa, but are no longer interested in his team-mate Olivier Giroud...Everton boss David Moyes is keen on a move for Catania striker Maxi Lopez...Unsettled Sunderland midfielder Stephane Sessegnon is a target for French side Marseille...Bolton will use the £8million they receive from Chelsea for defender Gary Cahill to make a bid for Fulham striker Bobby Zamora...Manchester City's £17.5million misfit Roque Santa Cruz is wanted by Brazilian club Cruzeiro...Sevilla are hoping to finalise a move for Tottenham midfielder Giovani dos Santos in the next few days...

Andy Johnson is on a collision course with Fulham after neighbours QPR lodged a £1.3million bid for the striker...Andre Villas-Boas is keeping tabs on Valencia star Roberto Soldado as he prepares to revamp his Stamford Bridge strikeforce...Blackburn boss Steve Kean is making an ambitious bid to sign Real Madrid's unwanted star Esteban Granero on loan for the relegation battle...Nedum Onuoha is facing decision time as he looks for first-team Premier League football. Blackburn and Bolton are interested with QPR and West Brom also waiting in the wings...Manchester United superkid Will Keane is wanted on loan by Carling Cup conquerors Crystal Palace - with Dougie Freedman desperate on a deal...

Stoke are plotting a move for Birmingham defender Liam Ridgewell. He's rated at £3million...Bolton boss Owen Coyle will be given his pick of a Chelsea youngster to take on loan next season - as Gary Cahill heads the other way...Danny Rose is in line for January loan move from Tottenham - to keep alive his Olympic dream...QPR face a crunch decision over Adel Taarabt - with Al-Sadd ready to meet his £15million valuation...Sunderland are being linked with a move for Tottenham midfielder Stephen Pienaar...Blackburn's unwanted man Keith Andrews could price himself out of a move with his wage demands...John Terry is a target for China's top two clubs, who will offer him an escape route from the unsavoury row overshadowing his season.

Magic Arrow

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Podolski to Arsenal sounds like a really good deal. He doesn't have to play as back up for RVP, he can play as a left winger, with Walcott on the right. TBH

Song-Wilshere
Arteta
Walcott-Podolski
RVP

Doesn't seem have bad. Arsenal have a LOT of deadwood to get rid of. Arshavin, Chamakh,

P

Paint.

If AVB continues with the 4-2-3-1 formation, I dont think we need a creative back with Mata and Ramires right behind Torres.

We need a back (Gary Cahill pretty much done deal) and a backup striker seeing as Drogba is gone and Torres is all we have left (unless Lukaku or Sturridge are played as forwards)

Status
Not open for further replies.