Big Bash League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
not a fan of t20 altogether
I don't dislike it, but I'm a traditionalist too ... Test Cricket has it's place, as does the ODI world Cup.

But THIS has the potential for far reaching tentacles.

I played sh*tloads of school cricket growing up. Mostly 12-over a side contests.
Also played over 200 games of rep level Indoor cricket, which are 16-over a side contests.

20-20 cricket seems a natural progression. School level. Club level. Rep level. State level. It fits all moulds.

I happen to think this 'franchise' idea has it's flaws, so I'll be happy to watch and learn with the BBL, but on another note ... if you took the set-up of the FA Cup and applied it to all levels of cricket in 20-20, you have the makings of a national comp open to everybody !

dogie

thruthick&thin
Reaction score
could never appreciate cricket

didn't understand the appeal in nrl for a long time too, but now im hooked like a crack whore

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
sydney sixers !
Yeah they look like they have a solid team although the Sydney Thunder have an awesome opening combo in Warner and Gayle, that combo could be absolutely lethal if they both fire.

I am looking forward to it and I think if it goes well this year then there is the potential for it to expand next year as more international players become interested in playing in it

BankstownBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am really excited about the Big Bash.

It's a shame that the sydney teams will be weakened due to international commitments but wow there is some talent getting around.

I am not sure who I will be following yet but it's sure to bring a whole lot of excitement.

Munnuz 1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
got membership with both Sixers and Thunder, couldnt decide lol

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The big bash will take off, ODI great but test match cricket IMO a thing of the past.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Its being shown in NZ this year so I will be watching it.

Chris Gayle + Warner - damn what an opening combo that is.

The Beer Baron

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Big Bash is just a quick money making scheme. I don't think that it adds a lot to the other forms of the game. Bowlers get spanked and batsmen swing wildly, it's backyard cricket for professionals. The problem is that it's having a negative impact on one-dayers and Tests.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
So much for the 60,000 crowd .... they got 23K in Melb and 13K in Syd !!!

- Warner looked the goods.
- Haddin also.
- Matt Hayden looked good until he got out.
- Brett Lee wasted no time taking off a Kiwi's head.
- Stuey Magill got TWO
- Chris Gayle did nuthin ...
- Neither did Mr Hurley ...

the_crusader

I'm a big blob of LARD
Reaction score
Gayle did nothing because he got smashed on the hand by the ball and may miss this fridays game

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
T20 is cheapening Cricket as a whole.

I can't stand it, it was created simply as a revenue maker, and by the looks of it it's struggling to do even that.

I doubt it will last the test of time.

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
i lost interest in cricket about the time the indian cricket team racism crap was going on with andrew symonds, i didn't like the way cricket was going back then and it's done nothing to bring me back

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
so warner smashed warne?

does this mean that we need to find someone named "warnest" and hed be the best ever cricketer?

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
T20 is cheapening Cricket as a whole.

I can't stand it, it was created simply as a revenue maker, and by the looks of it it's struggling to do even that.

I doubt it will last the test of time.
i reckon in 2035 there will be a T1 form of cricket, people have a short attention span and it could get worse

Status
Not open for further replies.