To accommodate Des Hasler's arrival the Bulldogs have sack long time trainer Larry Br

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogie

thruthick&thin
Reaction score
well possibly we treat him like an outsider because he is an outsider

and truth be told deep down i dont like that we had to beg for him to come over and save us, and worse is this sacking long serving bulldogs staff

so we now have the blame set down on kevin moore and the previous training staff, the dead wood as you say is gone and now we can move forward, with the players, board, greenberg and the recruitment people all going to work as if they had nothing to do with the rot
well, where would you place the blame?

P

Paint.

don't be so dramatic

I just don't think its reasonable for fan to 100% expect premierships etc. while one is likely hiring Hasler does not provide premiership guarantee. I think we can expect the quality of our playing groups performances to drastically improve. This is reasonable imo.

We are very lucky to have him and to treat him like an outsider and be all like we don't like you but you're here to get us what we want is poor form from fans imo.
lol, this is stupid tbh
If we dont get top 6, at least, then it is a fail by Hasler. Just because he is an 'outsider', doesn't mean we shouldnt have expectations - thats the reason we expect so much, hes meant to be the best coach in the world inheriting a very good squad. I don't expect a premiership next year, but I certainly do expect one in the next 4 years, and I expect us to be a top 6 side every season.

Is that too much pressure?

bulldogluke

Waterboy
Reaction score
Why just expect a premiership? yes sure as fans a premiership would be awesome but wouldn't long term consistency and being competitive be more suitable?. Hasler will bring without a doubt reverse the brought not bred tag, get the squads fitness and aggression up and execute some amazing plays. Personally I think a premiership is defiently on the tables maybe not next year but defiently while hasler is at the kennel

The.X.Factor

Forum Maniac
Reaction score
lol, this is stupid tbh
If we dont get top 6, at least, then it is a fail by Hasler. Just because he is an 'outsider', doesn't mean we shouldnt have expectations - thats the reason we expect so much, hes meant to be the best coach in the world inheriting a very good squad. I don't expect a premiership next year, but I certainly do expect one in the next 4 years, and I expect us to be a top 6 side every season.
Is that too much pressure?
lol You called Dogies point stupid, yet you just threw out unrealistic expectations, a top 6 birth for a person coming into a club in which he has to turn the culture of the sporting side around is way above what we should be expecting.

Des has inherited a roster not of his choosing and some support staff he has never worked with, if he clicks with his support staff and the players show heart then maybe we'll see a top 6 birth; but to say that top 6 is a minimum is an absolute joke. Des needs time to mould the roster into his own and form a rapport with his support staff, you can't just sit there and put un realistic expectations onto a person walking into a club.

Also on the article, it was very obvious that Des was going to clean out some deadwood, the DT are just in sensationalism mode throwing around words like "legendary", to paint the club in a bad light.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
lol You called Dogies point stupid, yet you just threw out unrealistic expectations, a top 6 birth for a person coming into a club in which he has to turn the culture of the sporting side around is way above what we should be expecting. Des has inherited a roster not of his choosing and a support staff he has never worked with, if he clicks with his support staff and the players show heart then maybe we'll see a top 6 birth; but to say that top 6 is a minimum is an absolute joke.
top 6 is 1 or 2 more wins than this year ffs

1 or 2 more wins than when we were crap and our coach got fired btw

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score
top 4 100% next year. Des can do it and the boys are training really hard like they havent before. 2012 will be an exciting year ;)

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
folkes gets let go for producing a downward spiral by finishing 6th and now we are saying that 6th is too much

wtf is going on, if i wasnt so cool id be pissed off

The.X.Factor

Forum Maniac
Reaction score
folkes gets let go for producing a downward spiral by finishing 6th and now we are saying that 6th is too much

wtf is going on, if i wasnt so cool id be pissed off
FFS Seriously, you're never happy with anything! You seem to find negativity in everything and are genuinely a pessimistic person. You're comparing apples with f**king oranges ! You're comparing a person who had one of the best rosters in the NRL at the time to someone who is coming from another club with a roster he has never coached nor did he choose and some support staff he has no rapport with. REALLY ? What kind of logic is that!

well done

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Has Grimaldi or Harry Harris still got jobs? Terry Lamb seems to have turned into a media guy, you know the past player that makes it "feel" like its still the bulldogs.

Maybe its a shame that the likes of Ayoub and Britton are too nice a guys then to come out and say how they really were treated, can't think of any of the players who have come out and said they like Hasler as a coach (thats Bulldog players not the Stewert brothers)
still waiting for Greeberg to thank Britton for years of loyal service

well done

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
FFS Seriously, you're never happy with anything! You seem to find negativity in everything and are genuinely a pessimistic person. You're comparing apples with f**king oranges ! You're comparing a person who had one of the best rosters in the NRL at the time to someone who is coming from another club with a roster he has never coached nor did he choose and some support staff he has no rapport with. REALLY ? What kind of logic is that!
what support staff are left he doesnt have a rapport with??? He knew well before it was public that he was coming, you can not honestly say he had no say on recruitment, Hasler has been given an open cheque book to do as he pleases.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
In the last few seasons our players have shown a somewhat lazy approach to things.

Forwards out of puff after a hit up, Idris with hands on hips. Our players fitness and training obviously wasn't up to scratch, and so changes need to be made. Likewise players borderlining on injury returned too early too often.

Des may have consulted with others at the club and felt that our current staff in that area were not adequate.

What the club is building, is a new era in the club. Gone are the old days and finally we are getting up to date with the times (and clubs like Manly/St George/Storm) who are what I guess you'd call "modern era" teams, based on how they train and play.

If anything it's an exciting time as a fan, to see what we'll leave behind and where the club will go in the future.

The.X.Factor

Forum Maniac
Reaction score
what support staff are left he doesnt have a rapport with??? He knew well before it was public that he was coming, you can not honestly say he had no say on recruitment, Hasler has been given an open cheque book to do as he pleases.
lol wut ?

Hasler has not signed any players since coming on board?

In regards to you're support staff question, who are leaving ? just these two, there are still many people on board who Des needs to get used to.

Let me put it this way, if you changed jobs would you automatically know how everything works at your new job, and know everyone there ? OR OR OR would it take time for you to know how everything works and know everyone there ?

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
ok well explain to me the logic in calling me negative when my expectations and standards for the team are better than yours

like ffs im being too negative in wanting a top 4 and a premiership, maybe i should become more positive and just hope for a top 8 or maybe an improved performance with better fitness levels than last year

kevin moore was expected and told to get a top 4 with this squad, sitting just around the top 10 he got replaced and dymock (another guy who didnt ask for that team) produced a recovery of sorts and we finished 9th

now ok hasler hasnt coached this team, but considering moore and dymock were able to achieve 9th with this squad, and also considering that hasler is a better coach than that, then we should expect something better than 9th

it doesnt make a licking difference if he wanted the team, if it is a team of retards or if it is a super team, the standard is 9th

so 8th and up is an improvement, 9th and lower is whatever the opposite of improvement is, 6th and higher is a significant improvement

in conclusion stop being a retard

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Rodzilla: i think we should aim for a premiership

X Factor: Stop being so negative

Dogie: I think we should aim to not get the spoon

X Factor: i like your positivity dogie!

The.X.Factor

Forum Maniac
Reaction score
ok well explain to me the logic in calling me negative when my expectations and standards for the team are better than yourslike ffs im being too negative in wanting a top 4 and a premiership, maybe i should become more positive and just hope for a top 8 or maybe an improved performance with better fitness levels than last year
You know very well that this is your way of taking a pot shot at TG, because if we don't come >/= 6th you'll use that as an arguing point. You sir are the most agenda driven person on these forums.

kevin moore was expected and told to get a top 4 with this squad, sitting just around the top 10 he got replaced and dymock (another guy who didnt ask for that team) produced a recovery of sorts and we finished 9th
lol Moore had the team of his choosing.

now ok hasler hasnt coached this team, but considering moore and dymock were able to achieve 9th with this squad, and also considering that hasler is a better coach than that, then we should expect something better than 9th. it doesnt make a licking difference if he wanted the team, if it is a team of retards or if it is a super team, the standard is 9th. so 8th and up is an improvement, 9th and lower is whatever the opposite of improvement is, 6th and higher is a significant improvement
lol Not very good comprehension skills I see, considering I was only pointing out that a "TOP 6 minimum" expectation was unrealistic, but hey don't worry man shape what I said to suit your argument. :sleepy:

The.X.Factor

Forum Maniac
Reaction score
Rodzilla: i think we should aim for a premiership

X Factor: Stop being so negative

Dogie: I think we should aim to not get the spoon

X Factor: i like your positivity dogie!
You know very well, that if we don't do well you're going to use this to take a stab at Greenberg.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
You know very well that this is your way of taking a pot shot at TG, because if we don't come >/= 6th you'll use that as an arguing point. You sir are the most agenda driven person on these forums
finally i get some respect on this place

of course we dont come 6th (actually 8th) im going to use it as an arguing point ffs, this is quite logical to do especially for someone like me who doesnt like what he has done at the club

but give me a break, are you saying im purposely putting up unreasonable expectations so there is a larger downside target for me to attack greenberg? and that a top 6, (i personally said top 4 aim, top 8 minimum) is that unachievable expectation?

what a bunch of retards we have on here

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm expecting a top 6 finish but will do with a top 8, just for next season. However, beyond that I expect us to become a REAL premiership force and anything but a premiership during Des's tenure here would be somewhat of a failure.

Status
Not open for further replies.