NSW to win next series easily

Status
Not open for further replies.

MOVE.80

M-Power
Reaction score
Is Cherry-Evens with NSW or QLD? He should be picked first ahead of Pierce if he's eligible to play for NSW.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
Barba offers far more than Sandow.

Sandow is a halfback, unless Cronk is injured he is just a waste of a bench slot - a bit like Cronk was when Lockyer and Thurston were the halves.

Barba is electric and offers some real attacking venom in the QLD backline.

QLD 3 - 0.
wouldnt be surprisd if QLD sweep the series

shmozzle

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
at the risk of having the entire league community after my head... i think Qld will be better without lockyer and with cronk taking his spot.

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
at the risk of having the entire league community after my head... i think Qld will be better without lockyer and with cronk taking his spot.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

shmozzle

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol:
you don't think the melbourne connection will help? you think lockyer really played that big a part in origin last year?

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
you don't think the melbourne connection will help? you think lockyer really played that big a part in origin last year?
It's not like we are straight swapping Lockyer for Cronk, even though if this was the case I would still say Lockyer is more beneficial to any team than Cronk. We are trading off 6. Lockyer and 14. Cronk for 7. Cronk and "insert QLD utility bench player here". So no, I don't think QLD will be better off. Personally I think Lockyer played great last year, better than Cronk overall.

shmozzle

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It's not like we are straight swapping Lockyer for Cronk, even though if this was the case I would still say Lockyer is more beneficial to any team than Cronk. We are trading off 6. Lockyer and 14. Cronk for 7. Cronk and "insert QLD utility bench player here". So no, I don't think QLD will be better off. Personally I think Lockyer played great last year, better than Cronk overall.
i think cronk is underrated AND was wasted on the bench anyway. it's like someone said before, it would be silly having sandow on the bench over barba, because sandow is a halfback blah blah, same with cronk. and personally i think he was quiet in all the games, although everything he did do was highlighted more because it was LOCKYS LAST SERIES.

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
i think cronk is underrated AND was wasted on the bench anyway. it's like someone said before, it would be silly having sandow on the bench over barba, because sandow is a halfback blah blah, same with cronk. and personally i think he was quiet in all the games, although everything he did do was highlighted more because it was LOCKYS LAST SERIES.
I think you are underestimating how much influence Lockyer has over any team he plays for, his organisational skills are literally second to none. But ok, let's assume Lockyer and Cronk are equal (you can't seriously believe Lockyer is far worse than Cronk). That would still mean you are saying that Barba / Sandow / whatever are better bench options than Cronk is. Cronk was not wasted when Thurston went down and QLD were lucky enough to have the ONLY halfback that is in the same league as him waiting to run onto the field. Cronk is not versatile at all for 14, I admit that. He was still in the top 3 halves in the world (now IS the top halves pairing with Thursto) and far too good of a player to make someone like Barba / Sandow / Gillett etc a better option.

dogie

thruthick&thin
Reaction score
why were my posts deleted from this thread??

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Win it for Arthur but with no Locky ... Makes it tougher.

QLD cant win all the time :p
Yep, the passing of Arthur Beetson will be the motivation of the Queenslanders next year, just like the retirement of Lockyer, just like JT being wheeled out in a wheel chair after the game, the passion and pride will continue for a while yet I am afraid.
I have to live with it!!

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don't see how QLD won't win it...

Honestly NSW were lucky to even get close this year..

dogslyfe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
QLD's winning streak has made their fans extremely arrogant and unlikable, much more so compared to when NSW were dominating.

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
QLD's winning streak has made their fans extremely arrogant and unlikable, much more so compared to when NSW were dominating.
I agree although in this thread I can only see one Qld fan, and qld-dog has said nothing out of order

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I agree although in this thread I can only see one Qld fan, and qld-dog has said nothing out of order
Thanks WiGum, that's because I am a Blue supporter OOOOHHHHHH the pain of being a blue supporter living in Qld....not nice between February and October and I think next year will be no different unfortunately (7 in a row, I think).

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
More of the same!!!, Unfortunately NSW don't seem to have the same Pride & Passion as QLD have.

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Thanks WiGum, that's because I am a Blue supporter OOOOHHHHHH the pain of being a blue supporter living in Qld....not nice between February and October and I think next year will be no different unfortunately (7 in a row, I think).
Hahaha you poor bastard

The.X.Factor

Forum Maniac
Reaction score
Serious question, how is the media up there at origin time ? are they always talking about QLD ? Do they mention sydney teams and NSW ?

Status
Not open for further replies.