Lets go shopping.. Which Manly player would you like to see at the Dogs in 2013?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cenz1111

Waterboy
Reaction score
In the hope that the dogs have signed Hasler for 2013, who would you like to see come over with him. There is word that the Stewart boys and Foran are in the dogs sights and from all reports Foran was spotted at the Dogs Leagues club a few weeks ago..

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Foran is all i want.

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
don't want or need the stewarts

just foran, if we were to get any players from manly

i'd be just as happy to get warriors maloney, seeing how prior to the gf, he has expressed interest in coming back to sydney

~stacie

Michael Ennis ♥
Reaction score
Foran. Just him.

Definitely not either of the Stewart brothers or Matai. Do not want Matai anywhere near us.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Foran. I'd take G Stewart too. It would be interesting to see if this out clause in Foran's contract is true or simply a rumour and nothing more.

Also wouldn't mind if Des brought a few lesser known players along like Michael Oldfield and Dean Whare. Darcy Lussick would be good too.

Almobro

Gunner
Reaction score
Foran
G. Stewart
TRex

Last edited by a moderator:

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
From their squad:

B. Stewart - No
Hopoate - Mormon / Parra
Lyon - No
Matai - No
Robertson - Harlequins
Foran - Yes - Would rather see them stay together as Manly's halves for a long time though
DCE - Yes ""
Galuvao - No
Ballin - No
Kite - No
Watmough - No
Williams - Yes
G. Stewart - No

Buhrer - Yes
Mauro - No
Rodney - Harlequins
Rose - No

Cross - Retired
L. Foran - No
Harrison - Yes bring him back
King - No
Lussick - Yes
Oldfield - Yes
Palau - No
Robinson - No
Seu Seu - No
Whare - Yes
Williams - Yes

MOVE.80

M-Power
Reaction score
If we can get Foran then we don't need anyone else. We have enough juniors coming through to fill any other vacant spot.

CeeEss

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No Stewart's thank you. Or Matai's. And PLEASE PLEASE don't bring Peter Peters with you. Can't wait to hear what he has to say on Sunday morning.

WestieDog

Zambuck
Reaction score
None - and certainly hope the type of play typified by Matai and Watmough doesn't come across the Bridge.

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
1) Get Foran
2) Reunite him with Hodkinson under Des Hasler
3) ????
4) $UCCE$$

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Foran. Absolutely NO to Brett Stewart. Barba is the man. Also maybe Robertson? Or Oldfield. Someone solid on the wing.

EDIT: *facepalm* how could i forget, Tony Williams. Although his best position is in the second row and not Wing and we have sh*tloads of Backrowers. so Meh.

bulldog butch

Kennel Established
Reaction score
ok, if anyone can remember back to 2 seasons ago, i remember reading in the newspaper or league week that we had signed cherry-evans.. i cant remember where abouts i seen the article. but yeah from what i remember bulldogs were interested in him. i think he was a toyota cup player at this stage.... does anyone else remember seeing it?

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
In the hope that the dogs have signed Hasler for 2013, who would you like to see come over with him. There is word that the Stewart boys and Foran are in the dogs sights and from all reports Foran was spotted at the Dogs Leagues club a few weeks ago..
You only want Vic Mauro eh ??

Buhrer.

P

Paint.

If you look at the Manly team and the way Des and Cleal work, they don't go around buying players from other clubs. If he comes, expect us to breed juniors rather than buy players. He won't bring in either of the Stewart's, cos of our juniors in their positions (Barba, Finucane).
We have enough forwards. We don't need centres, and they don't really have any wingers better than ours.
The only position we don't have a player for is 5/8, and so Foran is the only player I want.

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
If you look at the Manly team and the way Des and Cleal work, they don't go around buying players from other clubs. If he comes, expect us to breed juniors rather than buy players. He won't bring in either of the Stewart's, cos of our juniors in their positions (Barba, Finucane).
We have enough forwards. We don't need centres, and they don't really have any wingers better than ours.
The only position we don't have a player for is 5/8, and so Foran is the only player I want.
When they do buy, Its other clubs cast offs that "arent good enough" eg Gulavao, Rodney etc

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
When they do buy, Its other clubs cast offs that "arent good enough" eg Gulavao, Rodney etc
similar to what we use to do

ideally, i'd rather we didn't buy outside much anymore. i understand we had to to stay competitive until we got our junior development back on track again, but we seem to be pretty much on course now with that, with finucane, jackson and taupau all showing great promise and pushing for selection

this will increase in the years to come and hopefully we can keep the plans in place to keep it rolling on, like we did from the 70' til about 5 years ago

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
similar to what we use to do

ideally, i'd rather we didn't buy outside much anymore. i understand we had to to stay competitive until we got our junior development back on track again, but we seem to be pretty much on course now with that, with finucane, jackson and taupau all showing great promise and pushing for selection

this will increase in the years to come and hopefully we can keep the plans in place to keep it rolling on, like we did from the 70' til about 5 years ago
halves and backs are our problem.

hotdiggitydogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Buhrer He will be a future superstar, plus all the manly supporters love him and i would be happy to take them from him, just to watch them have a bigger cry :grinning:

Status
Not open for further replies.