The great Gosford No-Show of 2011 ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think the CC should have their own team. They have a great stadium, huge growing population, love their footy and have the backing of John Singleton. It's not just about right now either, it's about the future as the CC grows. The NRL needs to look ahead and make sure they stay as League fans.

As for Brisbane getting a second team I think that will fail again. The Broncos have Brisbane covered. I know there are people that hate the Broncos but most of them have another team they follow. If there were two Brisbane teams brought in back in 1988 it would be different, but I think it's too late to bring in another Brisbane team. I think the Sunshine coast would be a better option than a second Brisbane team, same reasons as the CC.
One of the more legible reasons they have to bring in a 2nd fully-Brisbane Team is mainly TV dollars. Queenslanders love the fact they get to see their Broncos play almost all games on free-to-air and they show that with solid TV ratings even sometimes challenging an ALL-SYDNEY game, live on Friday night. With a second team, the NRL will readily try and push for the Broncos getting more and more appearances on Cable TV and thus somewhat raising the TV dollars revenue as well assuming more and more Queenslanders are convinced to purchase Cable TV sports packages to watch their team while Channel 9 or whoever gets the Free-To-Air contract shows the other Brisbane team playing live or delayed or whatever. I say, there really no point, it would seem wiser to begin to open newer markets rather than head back to the same domain again and again. Perth after Central Coast is my call.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
LOL - I reckon ... would like to be a fly on the wall of the CCB internet forum right about now ...

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
All 20k wouldve went home satisfied, good game.

Almobro

Gunner
Reaction score
Great game to watch and as predicted Matai clutched at his shoulder during the game. So much for people not turning up.

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wasn't it sold out and a capacity crowd?
Yeah, I heard it was sold out. A lot of the junior players at Central Coast couldn't use their free-passes because of the demand. I think it was also the 3rd time Blue-tongue stadium got a sold-out crowd of exactly 20,059. Something notable.

Status
Not open for further replies.