The melbourne storm !

Status
Not open for further replies.

TJW

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
the storm are just starting to get their attack going, wait a few more weeks to see them put some great sh*t together!!

BaYry Ward

Former Immortal
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed how technically disciplined they are in every single tackle?

They have a great strategy that should be emulated much more often yet isn't for some reason. I'm a bit disappointed that with the purchase of Tolman we didn't grab a few of their trade secrets (or at least if we did, maybe use one once or twice..).

Watch a Storm tackle, it's the same every time when they are controlling the game.

- Opposition player hits the ball up
- Two Storm defenders meet the player simultaneously, with first contact by both players up high at the torso, wrapping up the ball and slowing the momentum.
- Third player then comes in around the legs to stop leg drive and immobilise the player. *2 initial tackling players pause and wait for this to occur*
- Once momentum has stopped, both the initial tacklers simultaneously wrestle the player onto his back.
- All three then climb off one at a time

Same every tackle. Terrific coaching.

P

Paint.

Has anyone noticed how technically disciplined they are in every single tackle?

They have a great strategy that should be emulated much more often yet isn't for some reason. I'm a bit disappointed that with the purchase of Tolman we didn't grab a few of their trade secrets (or at least if we did, maybe use one once or twice..).

Watch a Storm tackle, it's the same every time when they are controlling the game.

- Opposition player hits the ball up
- Two Storm defenders meet the player simultaneously, with first contact by both players up high at the torso, wrapping up the ball and slowing the momentum.
- Third player then comes in around the legs to stop leg drive and immobilise the player. *2 initial tackling players pause and wait for this to occur*
- Once momentum has stopped, both the initial tacklers simultaneously wrestle the player onto his back.
- All three then climb off one at a time

Same every tackle. Terrific coaching.
Usually they lift the player up in the air, then lay him down on his back. Takes even more time. The amount of times they had naps in tackles on our players in Adelaide...

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Usually they lift the player up in the air, then lay him down on his back. Takes even more time. The amount of times they had naps in tackles on our players in Adelaide...
Its all technique, trying to milk as much out of the clock as possible and slow the game to a pace that suits them.

Lil Ms Fabulous

Is Trollin
Reaction score
The real question is, who has stopped them?

Cowboys 36 - 12

Will they win this year, will find out after the grand-final :grinning:.
I remember being at the game and seriously didn't see that one comming at all (I don't think anyone did).

Hate the Storm. Too many fin bandwagon fans. Great setup though.
Agreed, I cannot stand their Fans - if anything, they are worse than all those arrogant Broncos fans.

I also have no respect for Melbourne players who intentionally injure anyone who is that good that they think that they are a threat to another Storm players chance of a rep jersey.

Almobro

Gunner
Reaction score
If Melbourne come first, Good luck to the team that comes 8th.

kimlo

ADMlN
Reaction score
If it's Warriors Vs Melbourne then in the finals then I'm tipping Melbourne.

Warriors know how to fk the Storm up, home advantage or not.

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Yeah, remember Warriors Vs Melbourne at Olympic Park in 2008. I'll never forget that game for the rest of my life.

kimlo

ADMlN
Reaction score
Yeah that was an awesome game.

I meant to say I'm tipping Warriors. They are one team who can beat Melbourne on their day.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah that was an awesome game.

I meant to say I'm tipping Warriors. They are one team who can beat Melbourne on their day.
Broncos only seem to beat the Storm on Grand Final day.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
And your point is.???????

It's better to only beat them in the game that matters.

Last edited by a moderator:

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Bit of a myth considering the storm have also smashed them in games in recent times too.

P

Paint.

And your point is.???????

It's better to only beat them in the game that matters.
You saying that Broncos only beat Storm in GFs indicates that the Broncos have only ever won one match against them...

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You saying that Broncos only beat Storm in GFs indicates that the Broncos have only ever won one match against them...
Nope.

We beat them last year 36-14 but the Storm have the wood over us in recent years.

P

Paint.

Nope.

We beat them last year 36-14 but the Storm have the wood over us in recent years.
Yeah, but still, to say that the Broncos only ever beat the Storm in GFs is pretty stupid...

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
What a team, played like crap for 60 minutes against the Eels, down 18 - 0. Bang bang bang bang 22 unanswered points. Game Over!

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Got belted by the refs and still won.

Status
Not open for further replies.