The melbourne storm !

Status
Not open for further replies.

The.X.Factor

Forum Maniac
Reaction score
I am in awe at how great they are, I watched the highlights of last nights game; they are phenomenal.The Brisbane Broncos did not look like scoring.

My questions are:

who will stop them ?

will they win this years competition?

BankstownBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Craig Belamy is a god amongst Men.

Intact the whole setup down there must be sublime to keep producing the way they have.

I thought Melbourne would just scrape into the 8 at the start of the year but now I'm thinking just that.

Who will stop them?

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Team built around 3 superstars, brilliant coaching. Love watching them play

Christabella

Reaction score
Intact the whole setup down there must be sublime to keep producing the way they have.
This!

They won the Under 20's two years ago with the likes of Widdop, Duffie, O'Neill, Proctor and Bromwich and after losing so many regular first graders due to the salary cap scandal its astonishing how quickly they have all progressed.

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
in the very unlikely scenario of us making the grand final, i want the storm to destroy the dragons in the finals somewhere, even if they meet in the grand final. actually, of all the true contenders, they are the team i hate the least, so good luck to them. they are consistently good at their game

says the bulldogs fan lol

the_crusader

I'm a big blob of LARD
Reaction score
Round 24 will be a massive test against the Dragons

krista02

Reaction score
The have Dragons round 24 i think it is and then Manly the week after.. That will be interesting!

Benny77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yep, they play Manly after the Dragons. The way they put the Broncos to bed in that game last night was just brilliant to watch. To me, they will win it. To me they are just starting to go up a gear. If the dogs arent there, than id like to see the Storm go all the way

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The have Dragons round 24 i think it is and then Manly the week after.. That will be interesting!
pretty much them 2 games will prove alot in the last couple of finals rounds, provided none of them teams lose any players of significance or many players for that matter

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know alot of people know he is good, but i dont think people really know how good. He is underated imo. Cooper Cronk that is. Watched the Raiders VS Storm Live and you would be amazed how much control and direction he has in the storm. Also Hinchcliffe is underated. He can give Smith a breather over the next few weeks if in coach plan and have him fresh for finals. Which will be a big asset come finals time.

fiddle

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Broncos were the only top 8 team the storm has beaten in their 8 wins in a row

Round 24 will tell what the storm's form line is

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
I know alot of people know he is good, but i dont think people really know how good. He is underated imo. Cooper Cronk that is. Watched the Raiders VS Storm Live and you would be amazed how much control and direction he has in the storm. Also Hinchcliffe is underated. He can give Smith a breather over the next few weeks if in coach plan and have him fresh for finals. Which will be a big asset come finals time.
Extremely !!

P

Paint.

Last night against Brisbane, they didnt even look like they got out of 2nd gear - they're so relaxed going through games, it seems. It's so simple... tbh, I rate Bellamy over Bennett as the best modern day coach. I'd go as far as to say that he'd take Souffs to the finals, or Sharks to the premiership :o

C

chipandchase

i for one severley underestimated the Storm this year, i thought top8 but no premiership contenders. I hope they win the comp for Bellamy after the shiit that has gone down there

UnderCoverBrother

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I am in awe at how great they are, I watched the highlights of last nights game; they are phenomenal.The Brisbane Broncos did not look like scoring.

My questions are:

who will stop them ?

will they win this years competition?

The real question is, who has stopped them?

Cowboys 36 - 12
Raiders in Melbourne
Warriors in Melbourne

Will they win this year, will find out after the grand-final :grinning:.

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I really enjoyed watching the game even though it was delayed. The atmosphere at the ground was from my part, phenomenal. The fans have genuinely rallied behind the team since the breach came to light. I think that Friday night's crowd was their best ever at AAMI Park. Correct if i'm wrong though and the game really lived up to just how good the Storm's cohesiveness in defence really is. I can't recall the Broncos even getting more than 1 or so line-breaks and on their own 10, they are resolute to the fullest and with players like Smith, Lima, Blair and of course Slater, it's little wonder why the are so high up the ladder.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hate the Storm. Too many fin bandwagon fans. Great setup though.

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
melbourne flogged canberra in canberra last week 26-zip and are still showing good form after hammering the broncos also

Status
Not open for further replies.