Tour De France - Like it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lil Ms Fabulous

Is Trollin
Reaction score
I don't mind watching the Tour :grinning:

My Brother on the other hand has been a major fan for years (along with several of our cousins) as he is a Triathlete. His Better-Half calls this Widdow Month because this is all my Brother will watch.

Almobro

Gunner
Reaction score
Don't mind watching it sometimes, however would rather watch the highlights and get all the info in under a minute then staying up and watching it for 2-3 hours.

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Absolute monster stage last night. I cannot come to grips with how high they climb 2700metres on three different occasions!

What a ride by A Schlek but what about Cadel Evans leading the peleton up the mountain, dropping 50 of the world's elite with his pace and three time champion Alberto Contador. By the time Evans reached the the top of the final climb with his pace, only four men out of 167 stuck with him, amazing stuff.
Voeckler's face on the finish line was one of "I can't believe my luck!!!"... He managed to just and I mean just stay in Yellow... by 15 seconds. Andy Schleck's move so far from the final climb was so brave... I honestly thought it was going to turn out to be a dud but his team correctly had Monfort attack early on in the stage to pace Andy once he got away from the peleton and onto the false flat just before the final climb... Brave stuff.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Evans bike broke down when they attacked. Devastating.

chessboard

Waterboy
Reaction score
Cadel Evans! What an extraordinary performance in the Alps.
Let's all hope for the best of success and good luck for him today and
may he irradiate upon the rest of the tour.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Cadel destroyed them in the time trial, he has it in the bag now

congratulations

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Cadel destroyed them in the time trial, he has it in the bag now

congratulations
Yeah... none of the General Classification contenders will attempt to form breaks on the final stage considering it is more of celebratory stage than a competitive one. The sprint finish at the Champs-Élysées is going to be very fun to watch. Well done to Cadel on a wonderful Tour. That man is a machine on two wheels and last night's effort at Grenoble in the Time Trial proved it. He narrowly missed out on beating Tony Martin as well and he is Time Trial Genius.

Status
Not open for further replies.