2011 / 2012 Player Movements + Rumour Mill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You guys dodged a bullet lol
Not a Panthers fan but i'd agree with you on that one...;) For all of Tim Sheens accolades and experience, its seems better to play an obviously injured Tiquiri than a full fit but mediocre Ryan... When has that guy made a line break???

BaYry Ward

Former Immortal
Reaction score
Matt Cooper re-signs for another 2

ST George Illawarra centre Matt Cooper has signed a new two-year contract that will keep him at the Dragons for the remainder of his NRL career.

The 32-year-old former NSW and Australia star has made over 200 appearances for the Red V and is the club's sixth most capped player.

"I feel really good to have been able to extend my contract knowing now that I'll be a Dragon for the rest of my career,'' said Matt Cooper.

"Being a one-club player has always been a dream of mine, I love the club and the area and know that we will continue to be a strong club under the guidance of Steve Price from next year.''

Dragons chief executive Peter Doust said he was pleased to keep Cooper at the club just a week after Mark Gasnier announced he'll retire at the end of the season.

"Matt is a local junior and a valuable member of our senior playing group and I am sure that all Dragons fans will be pleased that we have been able to reach an agreement to see Matt remain with our club,'' said Doust.

"Matt has been a significant contributor to our club both on and off the field for a number of years and he will continue to play a valuable leadership role under Steve Price moving forward next season.''

BaYry Ward

Former Immortal
Reaction score
Not a Panthers fan but i'd agree with you on that one...;) For all of Tim Sheens accolades and experience, its seems better to play an obviously injured Tiquiri than a full fit but mediocre Ryan... When has that guy made a line break???

Ah yeah apologies, the quick glance at the avatar must have thrown me.

i don't ever recall a line break by Beau Ryan btw..

oobee007

Waterboy
Reaction score
strong word on twitter (that reliable source!) that John Grant an Eastwood rugby union winger is in talks with West Tigers, absolute flyer, ran in the gatorade sprint thing last year and went pretty good, but lost to another Eastwood union player in Lachie Turner.

The.X.Factor

Forum Maniac
Reaction score
strong word on twitter (that reliable source!) that John Grant an Eastwood rugby union winger is in talks with West Tigers, absolute flyer, ran in the gatorade sprint thing last year and went pretty good, but lost to another Eastwood union player in Lachie Turner.
LOL I am pretty sure that rumour was started on LU; by the tigers guys ... but if he did come that would be great.

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lachie Turner is heaps quick though. I know his family. WOuld be a good acquisition to any NRL Club. Could see him killing it in League.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ah yeah apologies, the quick glance at the avatar must have thrown me.

i don't ever recall a line break by Beau Ryan btw..
Anytime he has scored a try off a backline movement is considered a linebreak tbh

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Really? Better of staying at titans you would think. He would be behind guys like Hunt, Norman for five-eighth spot...
IMO: Hunt & Norman have been disappointing.

Titans are saying his best position is fullback, but Capewell prefers playing at 5/8

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
From Facebook:
NRL Gossip
Bulldogs Gary Warburton has signed a 3 year deal with ESL club Celtic Crusaders.

BaYry Ward

Former Immortal
Reaction score
lol @ all the Beau Ryan groupies...

Obviously he has made the odd line break. FMD we were just being a bit facetious due to the fact he is pretty ****.

No need for Beau Ryan's career stats thanks.

BulldogsFAN

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
NRL Gossip
The have Eels have signed Sharks Taulima Tautai & re-signed Loko, Lasalo, Allgood, Morgan, plus U20s players Pat O’Hanlon, Marmin Barba and Rory Brien all to the end of 2013. RLW
2 minutes ago · 25 · Like ·

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
NRL Gossip
The have Eels have signed Sharks Taulima Tautai & re-signed Loko, Lasalo, Allgood, Morgan, plus U20s players Pat O’Hanlon, Marmin Barba and Rory Brien all to the end of 2013. RLW
2 minutes ago · 25 · Like ·
yep, heard this during the game.

Bulldog Boy

Waterboy
Reaction score
Panthers are welcoming back Melbourne Storm centre Maurice Blair. Signed for 2 years. Daily Telegraph.

Status
Not open for further replies.