2004 Grand Final -- where were you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sherwin_7

Shifty Sherwin
Reaction score
I was at home watching the game on t.v.. It was the best feeling when the final siren went.. I was yelling and screaming.. Still gives me goosebumps thinking about it..

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
I was behind the goals. It was the best I tell you, the best!!!!

MOVE.80

M-Power
Reaction score
At home watching it on a projector screen with about 30 people. What a night!

Junkyard

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
At the game.....managed to score a seat in VIP area free through a mate (only time ever been there)- and hung out with Bob Simpson (cricketer), as well as some banter with Mark Geyer......best thing though was winning - and then meeting up - by chance - in the street after the game with some old school mates from Belmore Boys High School - did we ever celebrate......sweet

Guardog

You Dirty Dog
Reaction score
Function Room at the Junction Hotel Broken Hill. We held our annual footy tipping comp function and watched the game on the big screen. Got home about four in the morning, pissed as.....

Guard Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Peacekeeping somewhere in the pacific watched a bit here and there at some makeshift seven eleven

Karat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
At the game. One of the best highlights of my life.

Salary cap scandal, gang rape scandal, scandal this, scandal that, Roosters winning by default the year before, our massive rivalry back then, all added to the buid up. This was an era, despite the controversy, where we were truly the Dogs of war. We were known for our siege mentality, with an old school 'hard-nut' coach, and one of the greatest forward packs, and interchange in the modern history of the game! Add to this, a their coach was from within our own ranks, who coached a lot of our then current players, to junior grand final victories. Also add to this, their billionaire board, and their non existent salary cap.

The scene was set, and what an epic encounter it turned out to be. The numbers 16-13 will forever be etched in my mind.
Dude, you just gave me goosebumps....

I was at my girlfriends house (now wife), watching the game...I went to all semi final games, but decided not to go the final (Im a smoker, and I wouldnt of been able to handle the suspense without lighting up).......I also told my girlfriend that if the bulldogs won, I would propose to her the following year.....funnily enough she borrowed my bulldogs jersey and wore it during the game (she was a dragons supporter)....now she has changed to being a bulldogs supporter......after the game drove to Belmore, Canterbury road was crazy, people hanging off traffic lights..........definately one of the best moments of my life, after my daughter being born.......

Big Nick

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
At the game hugging random people and getting my face paint all over people.
Then this happened...lol.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
In New Zealand watching that sht on TV. I would have only been 13 but it was fcking awesome, especially being a Dogs fan and generally taking sht from ****** Warrior fans all the time.

purpleskittles

Kennel Established
Reaction score
At the game. In the middle of a sea of rooster fans just with my friend. Copped soooo much **** to the point I was almost in tear at half time. As fulltime I didn't even look at the scum - I stood on my seat and cheered =) Belmore afterwards!

the Coyote

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bankstown Sports Club...... but we made a mad dash to the Leagues club after
the game.... Canterbury road was chockers full of traffic, with everybody celebrating
in the streets.......

bckd

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
At home, in Cairns at the time, having an all day bbq with about 30 mates and family. Only 10 of us where dogs supporters but there where no Rorter supporters there. Night GF's **** me, as 90% left 20 minutes after we won because of work the next day.

I didn't make it to work the next day. :grinning:

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
thank **** sydney has labor day next day! didnt sleep all day lol. Although back in 2004 i wasnt working at the time so i could have slept in regardless :p

Dogandgunner

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
at work!! had to pass up box seats because i couldnt get out of work...watched the last bit from the bar, loved seeing that rooster girl crying lol made my night

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
at work!! had to pass up box seats because i couldnt get out of work...watched the last bit from the bar, loved seeing that rooster girl crying lol made my night
criminal!!! i would have chuckied a sickie or threatened quitting :p

Moodey

Unknown
Reaction score
At home and was the only fan in Parramatta cheering up and down the street hehehehe

Status
Not open for further replies.