Invade Brookvale!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BM-dog

Tough person
Reaction score
It's a pretty nice ground, bit run down but lots of atmosphere if you sit on the hill. If you're not driving you can either take a train to Wynyard and get an express bus from there, or get the ferry over to Manly and take a bus from the wharf.

MOVE.80

M-Power
Reaction score
Its a pretty good place made bad through manly's sh1t supporters. You would be better off taking a car because public transport is just farked.

Old Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a long way and the traffic is terrible, let alone the parking. If I was you, I'd book a grandstand seat and have my helicopter land in the middle of the field at half time in the Under 20's. Then it's just a matter of making your way to your seat and waiting for a pick-up after full time.

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
What are your thoughts of Brookvale oval, considering taking the son to go watch the last game of the year, havent been there before.
So much for Manly being silvertails. The Manly supporters at Brookvale are a bunch of inbred, moron, redneck, motherf*ckers.

Last visited Brookvale in 2009 (the night Warburton got his front teeth smashed halfway through his head by Matai's forearm but the officials didn't even see it).

After paying over $50.00 each for me and my missus for grand stand seats which we were assured were not at the "ground" level of the stand, we were thrilled to see they were the very front row of the stand.

OK you might think until you realize the walkway runs directly in front of the seats. As the night wore on more and more d*ckheads kept going and getting more and more beer. The best bit was that after a while rows of people about three deep just stood right in front of us and you couldn't see the game.

Lots of really foul abuse from the Manly crowd surrounding us. The Dogs lost the game right at the end after that fat Josh Perry pr*ck scored.

Trapsed out into the night for the long long drive home. All in all a sh*t experience.

How is this dump of a ground Brookvale up to NRL standard when Belmore wasn't? F*ckn Gallop is to blame.

Manly God's country? BULLSH*T

PS The icing on the cake of this whole fiasco of an experience was when Eastwood and Goodwin BOTH got suspended.

Last edited by a moderator:

dogkat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So much for Manly being silvertails. The Manly supporters at Brookvale are a bunch of inbred, moron, redneck, motherf*ckers.

Last visited Brookvale in 2009 (the night Warburton got his front teeth smashed halfway through his head by Matai's forearm but the officials didn't even see it).

After paying over $50.00 each for me and my missus for grand stand seats which we were assured were not at the "ground" level of the stand, we were thrilled to see they were the very front row of the stand.

OK you might think until you realize the walkway runs directly in front of the seats. As the night wore on more and more d*ckheads kept going and getting more and more beer. The best bit was that after a while rows of people about three deep just stood right in front of us and you couldn't see the game.

Lots of really foul abuse from the Manly crowd surrounding us. The Dogs lost the game right at the end after that fat Josh Perry pr*ck scored.

Trapsed out into the night for the long long drive home. All in all a sh*t experience.

How is this dump of a ground Brookvale up to NRL standard when Belmore wasn't? F*ckn Gallop is to blame.

PS The icing on the cake of this whole fiasco of an experience was when Eastwood and Goodwin BOTH got suspended.

Don't hold back. Tell us what you really think ... :p :p

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
Don't hold back. Tell us what you really think ... :p :p
Ha ha Dogkat - good one. You reckon that's bad - that post is a toned down version.

It was a really lousy night. Losing right at the death just made the long drive home seem even longer.

Hog

The War Pig
Reaction score

and you don't hear any of their fans unless they're winning or they just scored a try!!! annoying as ****

lucky my mate was there to stop me fighting.

-alex-

fiesty midget
Reaction score
cant wait for this game, its gonna be like in 2008 when our last game was in Canberra and we drove 3 hours for the wooden spoon <3
I have good memories at Brooky however, nothing will beat the game in 2005 when we were pretty much failing week in week out but by some act of God won that game and the final try was epic, an all in team brawl saw the ball go loose and Luke Patten just picks it up and starts running for the try line. By the time Brett Stewart realised it was all over red rover!

suiker

Top bird
Reaction score

That's exactly what I thought when I went there! I was expecting to be surrounded by snobs but it was bogan central. So gross. A guy there purred at me. Like litterally purred. The ****?

I had a seat in the front row too. Took me ages to find it cos nothing was numbered and the staff there were useless. The drive took forever and I drove around trying to find anywhere I could possibly park. Ending up parking on a stupidly steep hill a fair distance away. Gah. Awful place.

will.i.am

Benchwarmer
Reaction score
What are your thoughts of Brookvale oval, considering taking the son to go watch the last game of the year, havent been there before.

How would I get there from Bankstown
Catch the train to Wynyard and then catch the L86 bus (Carrington St) outside Wynyard station

No holding back on this one.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
dj yulla will be sitting with us :p

Moodey

Unknown
Reaction score
According to Weatherzone, it is going to be a sunny 25 degrees

coachwoodmyrtle

Waterboy
Reaction score
Dear Doggies Fans

As someone who grew up on the northern beaches, attending St Augustines (the school across the road from Brooky Oval - where we used to stage many a fight without being busted by the teachers) I hope you demolish this team.

As the nic would suggest - I've always been a Souths supporter even in those dark daze of skule and I will be avidly cheering your blue and whites tomorrow, along with every other Souths fan.

Its true that everyone still supports two teams - your own and whoever is playing the chip thieves.

However of course Canterbury Bankstown winning gives us the slightest chance of sneaking into the eight if we can take out St Merge a few hours later.

Send out the General and Noddy the way two legends of the game deserve to leave - victorious over the insular peninsula ratbags.

I concur with many of the above posts regarding those in the crowd donned in maroon (a rather apt colour considering this appendix of Sydney that no one else chooses to have anything to do with other than a day trip to a beach in the orf season - Gawd's country - yeah right.) I usually don't find much humour in making fun of the mentally disabled but Matty Johns Tim and Tom is spot on. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h756J3g9lLo

Go you Dawgs!

BTW Thanks for graciously sharing your forum with other teams' fans.

Munnuz 1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is track work on the north shore line this weekend. Trains terminate at Central. Buses run from Central to Wynyard

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
There is track work on the north shore line this weekend. Trains terminate at Central. Buses run from Central to Wynyard
im catching the train to circular quay and then ferry it to manly from there and will try catch a bus from the manly wharf to the ****hole

=Sarah=

Long live MJ
Reaction score
I'll be there..... But the "bomb brooky" banner is fkn gay. Please don't take it. Stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.