Moore: the back 40 minutes doesn't make for a good footy game."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Incensed Bulldogs coach Kevin Moore gave his team a post-match spray for their "unacceptable" first half display with their season on the line.

"Our first 40 minutes was extremely disappointing," he said.

"I said to the boys it was not acceptable.

"Individually I thought there were a lot of blokes off their game but collectively our line speed and fight to be in the game was just very disappointing.

"The boys know that. I made it very clear at halftime and I made it very clear after the game too: that the back 40 minutes doesn't make for a good footy game."

SMH

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
Well Moore is to blame (or plays a major role) he leaves our best attacking weapon on the bench for the 2nd half and continues to start with forwards that couldnt break through a marsh mellow wall

YOUNGY

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This team is playing like an under 10 park footy side. I don't see how the coach screaming at them is going to achieve anything. time for mr Greenburgh to get to the bottom of the problem and swiftly eject it from the club.

Matty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
im honestly ****ing sick of this ****. our first half efforts have been disgraceful. I don't think its Moore's fault because he seems to have a good half time speech coz we always come out good in the 2nd half. In saying that **** this ****. Barba has had ONE ****ING CHANCE to start the game this year. ONE CHANCE. He didn't really impress in that game but he didnt have kimmorley or ennis there. Give the kid a ****ing shot seriously. He has been the only positive to come out of season 2010 so far. I have nothing to say if he doesn't start at 6 next week. We have nothing to offer at the moment and barba is our only hope. Give him a proper chance...we give every other nuffie 10 weeks to prove how **** they are. Barba hasn't disgraced himself like most other players this year. If we start him we might actually be in the game when the "back 40 minutes" starts for a change. deadset.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
there was seriously no excuses for us to lose tonight....the titans had key players missing and the fact that we lost is beyond pathetic...also it puzzles me how barba is STILL not used in the correct manner....why is not being bought on in the back end of the first half and roaming around tired forwards??? *sigh*

Hasoon

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sack Moore. Bring back sonny and willy.

Bulldog_NJ

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As much as i want Moore to be sacked, the players were to blame for last nights pathetic first half effort. They are the lazy ****s, showing no urgency in anything they do, dropping the ball, putting nuffy kicks in to no one on the 2nd tackle, and playing as individuals.

The crap dished out yesterday, was as a result of a poor and lazy attitude of the playing group collectively.

jimmyjames

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I can't blame Moore for last night.

Missed tackles and a lack of urgency gave the titans all their points. This was a make or break game against depleted opposition!

Contract time weighing heavily on BK, Patten, Ryan maybe?

Barba got more game time than usual and made good use of it. They're being fair to this kid by easing him into first grade and he looks more dangerous each time he plays. He sure can score a try and I think he'll make the back end of the season his.

bert

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How many more bash and barge forwards are we going to buy ?
Does anyone at the club understand that these days your backrow MUST be ball players ?
ie; Greg Eastwood and/or Adam Blair
We have one (sometimes) ball playing forward who's nearly past his used by date in Andrew Ryan, administrators wake up for f... sake !

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
This was the hardest loss of all to take. No excuses - it was on the table for us, and we blew it in a shameless fashion. Pathetic defence. Disgraceful.

bert

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Moore isn't coaching any style, he can't f.... coach !
Our defensive pattern is to open up and let the opposition through.
He has not commanded any discipline from any player.
Take a look at Melbourne & St George, every single player is disciplined to be within the pattern, both defense and attack, on every f.... play

Kratos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
and 1 sucessful season doesn't make you a coach either Kevin

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
wtf is going on with the team, morris is a ball hog, goodwin and turner never get the ball, idris doesnt get room to move, warburton and morrin are not top graders, kimmorley shouldnt be in the team, forwards that are soft and couldnt punch a hole in a wet tissue.kevin moore needs to make changes now, our season is over.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Yep, first 50 minutes was pathetic and disgraceful.
Thank god we got to enjoy seeing Barba tear it up. If Kev doesnt listen to Gould and start Barba for the rest of the season he has rocks in his skull!!

F R 3 D 5 7 A

√ [ό] √
Reaction score
hehehe. Every week he says the same thing. And every week they do the same thing.

Players do not respect him. It is obvious to see. If they did, they would play with more heart and determination.

Secondly, he simply has no idea how to correct problems. Every week, same errors. Same shi!tass defence. No attacking structure etc etc. They rely too much on Barba to just miraculously create something. Where is the set plays? Deep line? Decoys? Second phase? Offloads? Diagonal running? Support play? It is non-existent.

Thirdly, same side every week. Players do not feel the need to perform.

Fourthly, he has no clue at all how and when to use his players.

Lastly, why he persists with Green at 5/8th is beyond me. Kimmorely is crap as it is. So he puts another idiot beside him!

Combine all those together, and you have recipe for disaster.

Howsie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How many more bash and barge forwards are we going to buy ?
Does anyone at the club understand that these days your backrow MUST be ball players ?
ie; Greg Eastwood and/or Adam Blair
We have one (sometimes) ball playing forward who's nearly past his used by date in Andrew Ryan, administrators wake up for f... sake !
Yep, this. Problem is we don't have very good ball playing forwards (except for Gordon, who tbf isn't the most consistant player going around). Losing Jake Foster after such a promising debut was a massive loss, he could have given us two.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Moore is responsible for team morale though too isn't he?

It's up to him to make sure the side is getting all energetic and singing and dancing before we start a game?

At the moment every player is playing for themselves... we aren't a team.

P

PTE HOLLAND

I hope the **** relizes that without Barba there to score 2 tries and set up one in the second half we would of gotten raped in the arse

F R 3 D 5 7 A

√ [ό] √
Reaction score
Moore is responsible for team morale though too isn't he?

It's up to him to make sure the side is getting all energetic and singing and dancing before we start a game?

At the moment every player is playing for themselves... we aren't a team.
You obviously do not know the qualities of being a Leader.

Status
Not open for further replies.