That's it ... even I've had it !

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dogs_4 lyf

Another game lost when it was in the balance.

Once again, coach waiting for things to happen, instead of making them happen by making attacking changes.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
Yeah me too Haz, but CK just kept that glimmer of faith burning with his upbeat posts and positive outlook. Unfortunately as we expected deep down, we were right.
and i think its awesome he has been able to stay optimistic for this long but the reality bug hit me over a month ago and im just not confident at in this team and i honestly am already lookin forward to next season

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
The amount of points we've scored over the past 5 rounds:

12 v Tigers
12 v Storm
16 v Penrith
6 v Dragons
10 v Eels

LOLworthy attack of Cronulla proportions.

The BEAR

ROAR talent
Reaction score
CK has awoken to realism. I commend him for that.
I do too.

CK, you tried to get me to change my mindset and explain to me that realism was not the way to go.

Now you see, that realism is an inevitability.

Hoping against hope? Denying that we're better than what we're displaying out there on the field? It's useless dude.

The only person to turn to now is Greenberg. Only he can save this club now, and he must act.... fast!

MexicanHat

El Buzzo
Reaction score
My clan just started laughing at all the errors and made Brad Morrin our hero. Go Morrin!

I don't know why people on here are that surprised?

Something is not right and hasn't been for a while. Noticed it long ago.

Drop Patten and Morris. We need more points. They do not provide or prevent it from happening.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Oh NO !

See I'm not going anywheres .... :becky:

The boys however can GTFO ... and go to a house of mirrors for a fortnight to have a good hard look at themselves !
Not talking to you mate, talking about the season :-)

Beyond frustrating isn't it. We know that we have a *solid* team, but just not performing to the great standard the we have become accustomed too. Very sad.

By the way, well said.

Last edited by a moderator:

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
I do too.

CK, you tried to get me to change my mindset and explain to me that realism was not the way to go.

Now you see, that realism is an inevitability.

Hoping against hope? Denying that we're better than what we're displaying out there on the field? It's useless dude.
I've had a sleep on it ..... had some toast with the kids this morning and watched Dora cartoons to get it out of my mind, but one thought keeps eating away at me .....

IT WAS RIGHT THERE !!!!
"There" for the taking !!!

I was in total denial that this rut would last.

I remained hopeful we'd turn it around.

We played well to get ourselves in a position to win.

Then in the last 20 or so minutes ...
A Farah Try.
A Lui Field Goal.
... and without any resistance what so ever, we let them walk away with the chocolates !

Here IS the reality of the situation my good friend BEAR ....

You can't teach desire !
You can't teach heart !
(Massive blog coming on THIS later)

Sure, we had our share of bad luck, but those excuses ran out about 3-4 losses ago.
Josh Morris was ruled held-up early on.
Jamal's dead-ball grounding went against us.
Mick Ennis missed a try by millimetres too.
The opportunities WERE there and we did DOMINATE for most of the game.

But .... when the game was there for the taking .... the tank was empty !

Now I'm no first grade coach ... but I am a fiery f*cking competitor who you definetely want ON your team. You simply CANNOT teach what's required to get past this ugly habit of losing. You can skill them. You can drill them. You can give 'em a whole week off.

In the end it boils down to three things - Anger. Pride. Desire !

Anger - at the fact your in THIS situation and your f*ckign fed up about it.
Pride - in your own performances and results.
Desire - to put your hand up when the hard yards NEED to be made and take accountability for the situation immediately.

While there's light there's hope - The cold hard facts are we need 9 from the last 12.

Gold Coast (A), Canberra (A), Cronulla (A), Melbourne (A), Roosters (A), Parra (H), Souths (H), Knights (A), Canberra (H), Cowboys (A), Penrith (H), Manly (A).

So here's how it NEEDS to be ...

1. Win against Gold Coast at all costs. It is not negotiable. The season requires it.

2. Take THAT confidence and add bucketloads of desire. Grind out a win away at Canberra.

3. With renewed focus and vigor - Take THAT into Cronulla and make it 3-straight !

4. Now we have FORM going into Melbourne game - A win here galvanises the squad.

5. Roosters, Parra, Souths is where the season will be decided for us. - The BEST chance we can give ourselves going forward is the steps above, and in these three games we have given ourselves a fighting chance to still make it !

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
3 and 9, now 9 and 3 needed. An enormous ask
Need Roberts back next game on one leg if need be and Barba in the 17 also

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
If there's one thing I learned about 2008 after not accepting defeat until it was mathematically impossible, it's that it hurts so much more. Would I change a thing? No. It's too easy to give up now.

DoGs_R_dA_BeSt™

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i spoke to Barba yesterday before the game and he goes he needs GAME TIME before he can come back into FG

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Cap'n, the writing has been on the wall for some time. Now it cannot be ignored. The Dogs are soft and lazy. No amount of tactics, or super performances by a few individuals will change the way we play. Season 2010 is gone, and the fans will rightly desert in droves.

So much for chasing crowd records! They are a joke and disgrace to the colours they wear. All contracts should be anulled, and players made to earn their renewals.

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
I've had a sleep too and I've woken up with a clearer head as well.

I'm waiting until the end of the year to call for Moore's head tbh. As much as I'm sick of seeing this team lose, I think we were better tonight and did improve slightly. Moore is right in saying that. But I agree with every other supporter here that says it's the times that the team aren't having a dig during the 80mins that I feel like smashing them around the chops! That's what is making me and others believe that these guys don't deserve to wear the jersey. When we are out in front and they all (Apart from Stagg) throw up there hands and say, "that's enough for today", that's when they should take that jersey off. They need to have a picture hanging like I have in my sig to see what wearing the jersey is really all about and what it really means!

the_crusader

I'm a big blob of LARD
Reaction score
With the selections Moore makes week in n week out we will be lucky to win another game this season

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I was so pissed off I punched my wall. HARD.

Full brick wall + Fist= swollen hand this morning.

I'm fcking numb. I'm not angry or upset anymore. I'm numb. I don't know what to feel. What's the point of getting myself worked up? Will it win us games? "Hey look, Andrew's fuming, we better start winning games now."

I'm numb. Don't know what to think or say anymore. I try to defend my team and my coach but I can't. I simply can't.

When my cousin's and mates rip into me/my team, I have to take it. What can I say? A Parra supporter (My cousin) is putting crap me and I have no reply.

I'm over it. I've defended my team and coach earlier in the season but I have nothing now. If someone bags my team and/or coach, what can I say?

I'm numb.

Barba's Barber

puppy power
Reaction score
I was so pissed off I punched my wall. HARD.

Full brick wall + Fist= swollen hand this morning.

I'm fcking numb. I'm not angry or upset anymore. I'm numb. I don't know what to feel. What's the point of getting myself worked up? Will it win us games? "Hey look, Andrew's fuming, we better start winning games now."

I'm numb. Don't know what to think or say anymore. I try to defend my team and my coach but I can't. I simply can't.

When my cousin's and mates rip into me/my team, I have to take it. What can I say? A Parra supporter (My cousin) is putting crap me and I have no reply.

I'm over it. I've defended my team and coach earlier in the season but I have nothing now. If someone bags my team and/or coach, what can I say?

I'm numb.
I think were all there with you K E. Numb sums it up perfectly

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Come and freshen my breath with your tic tacs, Fred. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.