Gary Warburton 2010 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Carved up tonight, while Barba and Idris failed as usual
LOL if that's Warburton's idea of carving up...then good luck winning a premiership with guys like him the team.

You have it in for Idris and Barba, Idris made twice as much impact with each of his runs...as soon as Morrin came in our entire team's intensity just dropped off completely.

Which brings me to another point, Morrin failed epically and i don't see you bagging the sh!t out of him, despite the fact noone else is.

Should the 'Dogs be run by you, we'd be running last every year, should the 'Dogs be run by simmo, we'd also be running last. You two are both incredibly extreme

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
LOL if that's Warburton's idea of carving up...then good luck winning a premiership with guys like him the team.

You have it in for Idris and Barba, Idris made twice as much impact with each of his runs...as soon as Morrin came in our entire team's intensity just dropped off completely.

Which brings me to another point, Morrin failed epically and i don't see you bagging the sh!t out of him, despite the fact noone else is.

Should the 'Dogs be run by you, we'd be running last every year, should the 'Dogs be run by simmo, we'd also be running last. You two are both incredibly extreme
That statement was a clear bait to nubs like yourself

There was a whole thread on Morrin again as usual. fail #2

Idris is lazy as all ****

Barba did not get any ball last night, it was not his fault

Btw what more did you want Warbs to do? As a second rower breaking tackles and making some good 12 metre runs is what you want dont you? Or do you want every player to be a SBW?

MOVE.80

M-Power
Reaction score

Btw what more did you want Warbs to do? As a second rower breaking tackles and making some good 12 metre runs is what you want dont you? Or do you want every player to be a SBW?
That actually rhymes :o

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Idris lazy? LOL....he might be inexperienced and try to be a hero, but he was anything but lazy last night....

Idris made a far better impact than Warburton did, Warburton would not have scored the try Idris did.

Warburton was good last night sure, but that's probably his best game in his entire career, which says something, if he was consistently like that then perhaps you'd have a case, Stagg and Ryan do what he does and more, bottom line is if we want a premiership one of the 3 will have to go and Warburton is the ideal choice because he's not as experienced as Ryan and he's not as good as Stagg.

And don't give me the baiting nonsense, every week you attack Barba and Idris like no tomorrow, even when they contribute greatly to our team winning you still downplay their achievements and focus on every little thing they do wrong.

If you did that with Warburton you'd realise he has far less value to the team that either of the other players and the only reason you do that is because Barba and Idris get hyped up incredibly.

I'd take Barba and Idris over Warburton and Morrin EVERYDAY...

Morrin was fail, and you say nothing about it, you seem intent on just countering the majority of the forum rather than caring about the team's future. Warburton and Morrin provide nothing more than back-up and will never be anything more than fringe first graders, unless they dramatically improve and guys like Ryan and Stagg move on leaving a chance for them.

Barba and Idris will be crucial to our success in the coming years, they're young, they're talented and while they make more mistakes than Warburton or Morrin, they don't make any mistakes that Warburton and Morrin haven't made. The latter two love giving away penalties at inopportune times.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Idris lazy? LOL....he might be inexperienced and try to be a hero, but he was anything but lazy last night....

Idris made a far better impact than Warburton did, Warburton would not have scored the try Idris did.

Warburton was good last night sure, but that's probably his best game in his entire career, which says something, if he was consistently like that then perhaps you'd have a case, Stagg and Ryan do what he does and more, bottom line is if we want a premiership one of the 3 will have to go and Warburton is the ideal choice because he's not as experienced as Ryan and he's not as good as Stagg.

And don't give me the baiting nonsense, every week you attack Barba and Idris like no tomorrow, even when they contribute greatly to our team winning you still downplay their achievements and focus on every little thing they do wrong.

If you did that with Warburton you'd realise he has far less value to the team that either of the other players and the only reason you do that is because Barba and Idris get hyped up incredibly.

I'd take Barba and Idris over Warburton and Morrin EVERYDAY...

Morrin was fail, and you say nothing about it, you seem intent on just countering the majority of the forum rather than caring about the team's future. Warburton and Morrin provide nothing more than back-up and will never be anything more than fringe first graders, unless they dramatically improve and guys like Ryan and Stagg move on leaving a chance for them.

Barba and Idris will be crucial to our success in the coming years, they're young, they're talented and while they make more mistakes than Warburton or Morrin, they don't make any mistakes that Warburton and Morrin haven't made. The latter two love giving away penalties at inopportune times.
I dont think i have ever said i would rather Warbs or Morrin over the other two anywhere, so you just wasted a fair amount of your life writing an essay.

Idris is lazy, his lack of mental capacity to understand he has a 110kg body that wont accelerate off the mark at full speed 1.5m from the defensive line blows my mind. How hard is it for a person with so much potential to hit the ball at speed and cause so much damage, it is laziness. I get excited when i see him hit it at speed, but when he walks onto it makes me think you and i would make the same metres and we are not footy players.

Though you point out Morrins errors, Idris gave a penalty away last night at a crucial time ( when we kicked deep and had them on their own line, they marched up field and scored) and is in the top 3 missed tackles in our club and atleast top 5 handling errors. I call him lazy because there so much potential it is unbelievable yet he makes the same rookie errors everyweek.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I dont think i have ever said i would rather Warbs or Morrin over the other two anywhere, so you just wasted a fair amount of your life writing an essay.

Idris is lazy, his lack of mental capacity to understand he has a 110kg body that wont accelerate off the mark at full speed 1.5m from the defensive line blows my mind. How hard is it for a person with so much potential to hit the ball at speed and cause so much damage, it is laziness. I get excited when i see him hit it at speed, but when he walks onto it makes me think you and i would make the same metres and we are not footy players.

Though you point out Morrins errors, Idris gave a penalty away last night at a crucial time ( when we kicked deep and had them on their own line, they marched up field and scored) and is in the top 3 missed tackles in our club and atleast top 5 handling errors. I call him lazy because there so much potential it is unbelievable yet he makes the same rookie errors everyweek.
I suppose you made your point there, the way Idris is now is not what he should be based on his potential, still he is young and he aint no SBW who while was injured alot, was consistently good when he was on the field, i don't think we have any player that is of real international standard or world class since the majority of our pack departed post 2008..

I never said Idris didn't do it, but Morrin's errors are compounded by the fact that those errors led straight to tries, Idris tries to be a hero far too much hence the missed tackle stat and loses concentration a fair bit which is annoying but typical of a fairly immature footballer. It's mostly the context of the game that influences you, running the ball out of your own line and inexplicably losing it when you KNOW the Panthers have all the momentum is just embarrassing.

Similarly people bagging Roberts are going overboard, he made a brain explosion at the end of the game yet for 78 minutes the bloke played well, very well infact he made a better impact at 5/8 than Barba would've done tonight IMO. One crucial mistake can make fans forget your overall contribution. Warburton and Morrin have made a habit of doing that, Idris does it too, but he also is capable of reversing it by doing something that brings us back into the game. Warburton and Morrin simply can't, they make the mistake and they honestly can not make up for it.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I suppose you made your point there, the way Idris is now is not what he should be based on his potential, still he is young and he aint no SBW who while was injured alot, was consistently good when he was on the field, i don't think we have any player that is of real international standard or world class since the majority of our pack departed post 2008..

I never said Idris didn't do it, but Morrin's errors are compounded by the fact that those errors led straight to tries, Idris tries to be a hero far too much hence the missed tackle stat and loses concentration a fair bit which is annoying but typical of a fairly immature footballer. It's mostly the context of the game that influences you, running the ball out of your own line and inexplicably losing it when you KNOW the Panthers have all the momentum is just embarrassing.

Similarly people bagging Roberts are going overboard, he made a brain explosion at the end of the game yet for 78 minutes the bloke played well, very well infact he made a better impact at 5/8 than Barba would've done tonight IMO. One crucial mistake can make fans forget your overall contribution. Warburton and Morrin have made a habit of doing that, Idris does it too, but he also is capable of reversing it by doing something that brings us back into the game. Warburton and Morrin simply can't, they make the mistake and they honestly can not make up for it.
Once again i have never said i would rather Morrin or Warbs over certain other players, though i think Slippery made a good point during the year. Warbs seems to get alot of ball because he runs the best lines and is always there to take a hitup, makes you think about where some of the other players are...

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Once again i have never said i would rather Morrin or Warbs over certain other players, though i think Slippery made a good point during the year. Warbs seems to get alot of ball because he runs the best lines and is always there to take a hitup, makes you think about where some of the other players are...
Not saying you do, it's probably simply because your expectations and standards for Barba and Idris are far higher then they are for Warburton and Morrin which is reasonable...Story of our season honestly, last year every player was getting the ball simply because they were hungry for it, this year almost noone cared

Kratos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last night was a great example of how Warbs should play. He ran good lines and hit the ball up, nearly got a few offloads away too but when he couldn't he didn't push the pass. Did get caught out in the backline either. If he is going to play at all last night was how he should go about it.

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
After Moore has given him so much fg time, you'd hope he would improve. He's had training wheels on for about a season and a half. Still he gave away too many penalties in the first half there. so discipline also seems a prob.
1 penalty.

The team conceded 10 all up. You gonna mention Paea, who conceded 3 penalties throughout the match? Don't think so.

If you do, you're gonna be like "Yeah, but he's massive and makes metres!" Those metres are halved by the amount he has given up through penalties.

MexicanHat

El Buzzo
Reaction score
DOGS OF WARBURTON

What a legend.

Agreed. Idris is lazy but he'll get better with age. He's also been having a few personal dilemma's but he's kept off the grog so hopefully next year he'll come back better than ever.

Where has he had these "dud games"? lol he's not your huge impact player but he gets the job done. The kennel mentality is to continuously use Gary as the scapegoat. GET OVER IT.

simmmo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1 penalty.

The team conceded 10 all up. You gonna mention Paea, who conceded 3 penalties throughout the match? Don't think so.

If you do, you're gonna be like "Yeah, but he's massive and makes metres!" Those metres are halved by the amount he has given up through penalties.
2 penalties my friend.....

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
2 penalties my friend.....
He was in the tackle with one of them, but he was not the bloke penalised, as he was not the one holding down for too long. Do you also want me to bring up the match stats to prove you wrong?

http://live.nrlstats.com/matches/nrl/match3873.html

Hit Player Stats, and Penalties are on the far right. Chew on that.

You really need to open your eyes.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Warburto played the game of his life on monday, hit the line nice and hard giving the Panthers plenty to worry about.
Is it me or does each game get harder each week?

Keefy

The Family Club
Reaction score
2 brilliant games in a row for Warburton, lead our tackle count and busted his ass all day well done!

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Played much better than Barba and Kimmorley

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
2 brilliant games in a row for Warburton, lead our tackle count and busted his ass all day well done!
I have never understood all the cr@p he has copped, he is still developing and I have often thought he could be anoth Stagg, On todays effort and others it just might be possible

Status
Not open for further replies.