chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
i'll put it out there again look at those guys pics there not teenages

JackTheLad

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
At the football (league) it is.

FWIW if Pauline thinks England is less ethnic than Australia she has a rude reality about to hit her.

Unless she's living in the middle of no mans land.
What rubbish. You are probably too young to remember the fights by Greek gangs using knives against the dragons in the 80's.

JackTheLad

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Apparently there was atleast 5 fights at the bulldogs game(is it true?) and my son friend got into a fight after one of those thugs hit his girlfriend. Therefore tthey traded pushes and starting throwing punches at each other. then this thug pulled out a KNIFE. WHO IN THERE RIGHT MIND WOULD BRING A KNIFE TO A GAME!!?? AND THE WORST THING IS....... THEY ARE LEBANESE AND BULLDOGS SUPPORTERS. U THINK I AM LYING TRY TELLLING THAT TO MY SON FRIEND. HE WAS FREAKEN TRAUMATIZED AFTER NEARLY BEING STABBED. I AM A PROUD BULLDOGS SUPPORTER BUT AFTER THIS INCIDENT, I DONT THINK I WILL BE TAKING MY FAMILY TO GAMES ANYMORE.
Yes, you are lying, or your son is. You sound like one of the people that ring Ray "Raaaay, I was traumatized again after the game last night"

Bulldogsfan4lyf

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yes, you are lying, or your son is. You sound like one of the people that ring Ray "Raaaay, I was traumatized again after the game last night"
Why would i lie about this??? I wouldnt even mention this if i was lying. I went up to the young kid and you could see how scared he was! He didnt talk to anyone after that fight untill like half an hour after the game. ! If you were under 18 years of age and u were threatened with a knife OBVIOUSLY ur going to be traumatized and scared. If that was my son i swear to god i will kill the guy who threatened him. All parents would feel the way i feel if their child has been threatened with a knife. even though he was not my son he feels like my son and i feel for him

JackTheLad

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Correct you'd be ... Twas only a baby in the 80s!
Yet you speak with such conviction.

Look it is not your fault, it is easy to run with the herd especially if the papers and the shock jocks trump it on their agenda.

JackTheLad

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why would i lie about this??? I wouldnt even mention this if i was lying. I went up to the young kid and you could see how scared he was! He didnt talk to anyone after that fight untill like half an hour after the game. ! If you were under 18 years of age and u were threatened with a knife OBVIOUSLY ur going to be traumatized and scared. If that was my son i swear to god i will kill the guy who threatened him. All parents would feel the way i feel if their child has been threatened with a knife. even though he was not my son he feels like my son and i feel for him
Anyone who writes in his post I am not lying is lying.

It is like a thief going for a job as a teller and he mentions in his interview "I am honest, I never stole anything before". What employer would hire a person like that.

Bulldogsfan4lyf

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
How do you know the guy was already in trouble with police because of family issues? Hardly something that someone mentions in the throws of a fight.

Does your son know the guy that attacked him?

Hmmmmmm
He was in trouble because of cyber bullying. The police warned him. But his dad took it seriously.( i cant say anything more .Private)
I hope he does not know the man. I don't think he does because he was with his friends and friend girlfriend

Hog

The War Pig
Reaction score
A lot of complaining but not many solutions put forward to solve the problem.

I guess it show's it's fcking hard to control the behaviour of 30k people.

These threads are so boring.

LebaneseBulldog

Bulldogs
Reaction score
a lot of complaining but not many solutions put forward to solve the problem.

i love u hog!!

Game Breaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
A lot of complaining but not many solutions put forward to solve the problem.

Thats exactly right Hog

30 K crowd at a footy game, there will always be trouble. You will never eradicate the problem, best hope is to minimise it as much as possible

Game Breaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
i've been told nightclubs and quite a few bars here in perth do not allow people in unless they have their drivers license on them, to verify their information. they then cross reference this info in their database and if there is a record placed on your recorded information for unacceptable behaviour, you're noty allowed in. similarly, if you don't have your license on you, they won't let you in, because they have no way of referencing your history, if you have one at the venue

i don't know anymore of the ins and outs of this procedure (the level of confidentiality of the details,eg. not shared with other venues, etc.) but apparently this is being widely accepted to weed out the ********s who can't handle their piss

even further than that, i've been told there's a nightclub in the far southern parts of perth that requires finger print (thumb print i think?) verification and works in similar fashion. the info/finger print is an account/file and if you make an idiot of yourself, your info is brought up and you get a black mark put against you. basically banning you from the venue.

i'm guessing this is also used around the country and in many other countries, but at first glance, this would stamp out the ****wits permanently

while i understand there will be questions raised on divulging personal information and other things along similar lines, my view is **** the civil liberatarians and let's do what we gotta do to rid our games of these ********s.

ideally, all stadiums will incorporate these solutions to create a blanket coverage to make sure they cannot slip through the net

it's not a perfect idea, but on one hand, it's better than what is happening at the moment possibly?

Thats a terrible idea

Main reason being is its impractical. Might work for a crowd of a few hundred who all show up at different times during the night, but a 30 k crowd who most want to arrive for a 7.35 pm kick off will never work

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score
I have just been handed reliable info that the fight was tripoli vs beirut apparently

well done

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
well the club put dollars before maintaining our crowd behavior,

We can not behave ourselves on a Friday night but we have heaps of them this year cause we asked for them (dont believe we didn't!) cause more free to air , means more sponsership dollars

So expect more of this to come

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
so, we already did the license/id check during the 2005 season? i do remember this happening (i live in perth, i wasn't subjected to it) but never followed up on it's performance and how it was viewed by the club after they decided to move on from it

did they stop this because they didn't wish to continue with the ongoing checks at the gate for the sake of time it takes or because they found it ineffective at keeping the repeat offenders out each game, or both?

either way, it doesn't matter. fingerprint/biometric identification would be even more effective as it combats fake identification (are the troublemakers really going to afford a way of getting past finger print id? we're talking about yobbos here, not high tech crims who are that significantly financial and they're only trying to get in to watch a game of footy, not rob some place), doesn't have ongoing lengthy id checks at the gates (not so lengthy per the individual, but each person added up....) as people just get to the gate, pass over their ticket and use the fingerprint/biometric reader, which is (from everything i've read so far) pretty much an instant read, so the whole process is quite quick, once the information is recorded after the initial entry with the biometric reader

considering there are only 8 gates to go through at anz stadium, there is no need for alot of these machines. from the quick research i've done through a few simple google searches, it seems there are security firms who hire these things out. so at the cost of 8 (or 16, if the club prefers 2 machines at each gate) it would not be too much over the course of a season.

this cost could also be shared/covered by the stadium itself, if some business model were to be drawn up in a way that is attractive to the parties involved. the costs are something the club could consider if it's prepared to really get rid of these idiots and this is one way of doing it. while none of us are privy to such business decisions, no one can really say this would never be feasibly considered and as i've stated many times, this is only a 'possibility', just a feasible idea/suggestion

as i mentioned before, it's not perfect, but it could be considered by the club. the only real obstacle is the privacy angle, but if bulldogs members/fans were to give the club the green light for the sake of making our games more family friendly, then so much the better. considering we've already done the id card/license checks, one could easily feel this would not be such a big issue, but it can't be said with certainty until we would cross such a bridge

i'm sure there are other possible options to choose from, this is just merely a suggestion. is it really so bad an idea? obviously it's not, but i personally hope the club is looking at other means of eradicating the idiots who keep putting us in the papers all the time and making the place unattractive for parents with their kids. even if it is only 7 people out of 30 thousand. one would imagine they might be looking at other ideas to implement, but i don't wish to assume without facts or statements from the club

add to all of this, it not only eradicates ********s over time, but acts as a deterrent to these idiots who think they can behave this way and pretty much get away with it and keep coming back for more

just one of many links/articles to do with these machines and it's effectiveness
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...o-our-nightclubs/story-e6frea83-1111117862103

Status
Not open for further replies.