Parramatta Eels set pace to record membership

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moodey

Unknown
Reaction score
PARRAMATTA might be struggling to get their season on an even keel but in the race to win fan support the Eels lead the league.
Ahead of tonight's blockbuster against Canterbury-Bankstown at ANZ Stadium, Parramatta have edged out the Bulldogs to win the NRL's "Race to 10,000" initiative for the biggest percentage increase in club memberships.

The 10 NSW-based NRL clubs and Canberra are part of the initiative, which followed a record game-wide growth in memberships in 2009. South Sydney and St George Illawarra shared the prize for most ticketed members after both reached 10,000 in the same week in February.

The NRL and its media partners - The Daily Telegraph, the Nine Network, Fox Sports, 2GB and Bigpond.com - increased the original prize pool from $50,000 to $100,000 and encouraged clubs to spend the past two months generating their own record memberships.

Parramatta edged out the Bulldogs, Wests Tigers and Sharks as, game-wide, NRL club memberships rose by more than 20 per cent (23,000) in 2010 to a record 137,459. The Bulldogs and Eels joined the Rabbitohs, Broncos and Dragons in passing 10,000 members.

Parramatta CEO Paul Osborne praised Eels supporters as "the most loyal fans in the NRL".

Meh should be interesting to see tonight although I find it funny that Eels supporters are the most loyal fans in the NRL

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
PARRAMATTA might be struggling to get their season on an even keel but in the race to win fan support the Eels lead the league. (in every catagory except most members? WTF is this crap?)
Ahead of tonight's blockbuster against Canterbury-Bankstown at ANZ Stadium, Parramatta have edged out the Bulldogs to win the NRL's "Race to 10,000" initiative for the biggest percentage increase in club memberships.
The Eels have 10,662 members, the Dogs have 11,752 members............... Parramatta have crossed the line in the race yelling "I win, I win" unfortunatly the race is over and everyone else has gone home.

(when you start with 1 member, increasing that by 100% isn't too hard)

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
By "loyal" I think he actually means "bandwagoning"

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hahahahahahahahahahaha. Where do I start?

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
If thats loyal then I'll be next in line for Prime Minister..

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The amount of publicity and hype for the Eels was crazy before this season... These figures is as good as it is going to get for them

@nchorman

Channel 4 News!
Reaction score
i really flipping hate that asian gif image. the chick giving that annoying wink is eating me alive...please...for the love of the bulldogs...take it offf!!!!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Parra cheat their membership like they cheat the salary cap.

They offer "membership" which is like $30 for 3 games and you get a bag with some random **** in it. An Eels member was telling me this and said himself it's dodgy.

DoGs_R_dA_BeSt™

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
what about getting into the game today the were giving pet care bags lol are they losers

phelps_fan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well in case they hadn't noticed they had what 2000-3000 members last year. Now they have 11,000. We had 6000 last year and now have 12,000. Of course their percentage is going to be better. What a stupid article.

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I hate how at half-time that guy doing the goal-kicking interview says that Parra are leading the comp in memberships....that's so misleading cuz they're not leading the comp in memberships they're leading the comp in bandwagoners recruited... They're like 6th overall in membership numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.