Bulldogs Round 5 Press Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

smpd

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The concentration lapses are a big issue, as Ryan noted in the post-match, that is costing dearly with often allowing a couple of quick tries in succession. It would be interesting to analyse who is on the field during these periods and see if there is any pattern.

DoGs_R_dA_BeSt™

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The defence from our side needs to be the main issue imqho they need to work on it... Idris has improved a little

Bull4life

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Don't know why they need to have Ryan out there. He basically repeats what Moore says all the time

F R 3 D 5 7 A

√ [ό] √
Reaction score
The defence from our side needs to be the main issue imqho they need to work on it... Idris has improved a little
You sure you know who Idris is? He is the centre with the long locks. Now that you've corrected your vision, he is very big liability in defence. Everytime a team attacks that side, they always look threatening. My 2year old nephew can read the play better then he does.

F R 3 D 5 7 A

√ [ό] √
Reaction score
And Kevin Moore, the buck stops with you. Every week we look flat. Every week we leak a zillion points. Every week easy drop balls. So either your not working on anything, or the players don't care about what you say, or the players are simply not interested. Maybe they all feel "secure". Who knows.

And every week we hear the same conference "the effort was there. we dropped too much ball. etc etc etc etc etc". That's simply not acceptable.

You as Head Coach, gotta figure out what it is that needs to be worked on, and then figure out a way to solve the issue/s. As of now, nothing you are doing is working. Change tact.

To those who say "oh it's the players fault etc". Grow some balls. The players are a mirror of the coach (his knowledge, game plan, techniques, motivation etc). When the team goes well, we all say how great Kevin Moore is. When they go crap, we quickly dismiss his role in it.

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Reminder. K Moore gave Hazem 3 weeks to get the record last year. Then he said he would be picking players on form alone, not reputation.

That being said, Patten, Ryan, Roberts & Goodwin (maybe), should be close to shaking hands with the NSW Cup coach Lamb.

Before being shot down, no I don't know who to replace them with. But when we have all players back, surely at least 2 of these need to go.

I have no idea what is wrong with Patten. But he is no longer "safe". And why on earth did Warburton not cover the inside when Tait made the last break? There was no urgency. Had he moved across quicker, Tait should have been tackled. And Patten should have pick up that easy ball.

Enough is enough. Roberts is clumsy. Ryan is not leading by example. And Goodwin cannot be that slow. Off the mark, he has to be slower than Hazem was. Or maybe now that we have a genuine speedster in Turner, he is showing these guys up.

W

waveraider

Reminder. K Moore gave Hazem 3 weeks to get the record last year. Then he said he would be picking players on form alone, not reputation.

That being said, Patten, Ryan, Roberts & Goodwin (maybe), should be close to shaking hands with the NSW Cup coach Lamb.

Before being shot down, no I don't know who to replace them with. But when we have all players back, surely at least 2 of these need to go.

I have no idea what is wrong with Patten. But he is no longer "safe". And why on earth did Warburton not cover the inside when Tait made the last break? There was no urgency. Had he moved across quicker, Tait should have been tackled. And Patten should have pick up that easy ball.

Enough is enough. Roberts is clumsy. Ryan is not leading by example. And Goodwin cannot be that slow. Off the mark, he has to be slower than Hazem was. Or maybe now that we have a genuine speedster in Turner, he is showing these guys up.
Well said tadpole, no one should shoot you down because those blokes just aren't putting in. Ben Hannant is looking to leave the club and he is performing to a higher standard to these other blokes. Its just disgraceful.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
we have been playing terribly all year barring the roosters game....i just dont understand how we can go from such a great win and using our strengths to playing like sh1t for the last 2 weeks...ps kevin this one out **** doesnt work anymore how about a new game plan dude cheers

F R 3 D 5 7 A

√ [ό] √
Reaction score
we have been playing terribly all year barring the roosters game....i just dont understand how we can go from such a great win and using our strengths to playing like sh1t for the last 2 weeks...ps kevin this one out **** doesnt work anymore how about a new game plan dude cheers
The Roosters were absolutely terrible. ABSOLUTELY SHOCKING. I would not use that game as a benchmark.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score

Excellent post Tadpole.

It wasn't the first time Warburton didn't show any urgency. I hate to single him out but he was jogging back when Vatuvai was swatting Patten et al away and after Kimmorley made that cover tackle he STOOD there at SECOND MARKER 15m out from our own try line.

Patten looks like he's in all sorts of trouble both mentally and physically. His mind is not on the job. It's not because of the last try but it's because he's not showing any urgency in the goal cleaning up or getting involved in attacking set plays. Goodwin seems like he hasn't recovered from his injury.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
it's not his fault the team bunches in defense(well i hope not anyway) causing overlaps, not his fault the players aren't wrapping the ball up and dropping balls. yes our attack needs improving but in my opinion we need to fix our defense up and that is up to the players. a coach can only do so much

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
i wish i knew what the problem is....we pretty much have the same team as last year minus hazem and eastwood doesnt matter how much i think about it i just can understand what is going on

F R 3 D 5 7 A

√ [ό] √
Reaction score
it's not his fault the team bunches in defense(well i hope not anyway) causing overlaps, not his fault the players aren't wrapping the ball up and dropping balls. yes our attack needs improving but in my opinion we need to fix our defense up and that is up to the players. a coach can only do so much
Wy do we need a coach who doesn't have a defensive or attack plan?

Just get rid of the coach then, and just send the players out there with no plan. Because that is exactly what it seems like. No plan, structure, motivation - NOTHING, ZIP.

Kevin Moore needs to pull his finger out from his arse and stop deflecting responsbility. And fans needs to keep applying the pressure rather then be in denial with him. Wake up.

Every week, same issues.

T

Toro

And fans needs to keep applying the pressure rather then be in denial with him.
Yeah like WE can influence a coach's style of coaching or the decisions he makes...

Let's face it... none of them even visit these forums... none of them give a sh!t about what we think...
It's just a case of rocking up to training and Kev saying "ok guys, it's Moore of the same... just play better this week ok?"

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
Wy do we need a coach who doesn't have a defensive or attack plan?

Just get rid of the coach then, and just send the players out there with no plan. Because that is exactly what it seems like. No plan, structure, motivation - NOTHING, ZIP.

Kevin Moore needs to pull his finger out from his arse and stop deflecting responsbility. And fans needs to keep applying the pressure rather then be in denial with him. Wake up.

Every week, same issues.
motivation so is that his responsibility too? pushing out quickly from the line, tackling wrapping the ball up is the players responsibility. moore is not on the field to tell him that. he could give them the best game plan in the world but the players have to deliver that and atm their defense is rubbish. don't blame moore for our defensive problems it's the players they are lazy. and if they need more motivation than 1-5 then they should not be playing

F R 3 D 5 7 A

√ [ό] √
Reaction score
motivation so is that his responsibility too? pushing out quickly from the line, tackling wrapping the ball up is the players responsibility. moore is not on the field to tell him that. he could give them the best game plan in the world but the players have to deliver that and atm their defense is rubbish. don't blame moore for our defensive problems it's the players they are lazy. and if they need more motivation than 1-5 then they should not be playing
So are you saying that Moore is dumb that a forum member can pick up on problems, and he can't?

Are you saying that Moore does nothing at training to fix up our defensive lines/and tackling styles?

And lastly, you have no idea of Leadership. Ask any manager and they will tell you motivation is a key responsbility.

They must be just watching the episodes of Fresh Prince at training then. I would rather that would come out as the truth then hiding behind excuses.

Status
Not open for further replies.