A bit hard getting used to no more El Masri

Status
Not open for further replies.

buddman

Serial madman!
Reaction score
I felt a slight bit of emptiness when I got the team lines up sheet at the gate and not seeing El Masri's name there.
It will take a bit of getting used to for me and surely other fans.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I got messages galore after the match that we are already missing El Magics goal kicking (They were mainly from Dragons supporters excited over their important win over us)

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Ohhh mate. I feel your pain.

It only really kicked in yesterday how much Im gonna miss Hazem. Not seeing him kick any more goals in particular and seeing Ennis miss those goals made me feel empty inside too.

You really don't know what you got til it's gone.

~stacie

Michael Ennis ♥
Reaction score
Ohhh mate. I feel your pain.

It only really kicked in yesterday how much Im gonna miss Hazem. Not seeing him kick any more goals in particular and seeing Ennis miss those goals made me feel empty inside too.

You really don't know what you got til it's gone.
So true! :( Like your taxed banner, btw =P

A4-doggy

Waterboy
Reaction score
Ennis or Goodwin will both improve with their goal kicking and good luck to the boys, but there’s no shame with a little sook when results go against us due to hazzems retirement. I guess we’re immune to 20 years of top quality kickers.

Costaki10

Bulldogs Army
Reaction score
I got messages galore after the match that we are already missing El Magics goal kicking (They were mainly from Dragons supporters excited over their important win over us)
well steelers supporters have nothing else to get excited about because they will never will the comp

well ennis missed 2 kicks but turner got 1 from the side line which is a bit of a positive i guess

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
where was ennis' kicks from?was he kicking dud or were they just hard kicks?

JERRY LEE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
players cant play forever so i suppose we have to get use to it.

C

chipandchase

lets be honest here guys, haz was a passenger last year. Turner is alot better option for us in attack and defence.

the Coyote

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Perhaps Turner will be the new El Magic .... similiar hair styles :P , he could continue in the foot steps of the great Doggie winger goal kickers, Gearin,
Conlon, Halligan, El Masri, and now El Turner......

but.... there will only ever be one El Magic.... the greatest point scorer in history.... long live the king....

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did anyone at the game think Turner had a good game? It will probably take a while for him to settle in a new side.

Guardog

You Dirty Dog
Reaction score
Ennis or Goodwin will both improve with their goal kicking and good luck to the boys, but there’s no shame with a little sook when results go against us due to hazzems retirement. I guess we’re immune to 20 years of top quality kickers.
Too Right. Haven't we been blessed. Ross Conlon, Daryl Halligan, Haz, all top of their game with goal kicking. Even Terry Lamb could kick them from the sideline.

Guardog

You Dirty Dog
Reaction score
Perhaps Turner will be the new El Magic .... similiar hair styles :P , he could continue in the foot steps of the great Doggie winger goal kickers, Gearin,
Conlon, Halligan, El Masri, and now El Turner......

but.... there will only ever be one El Magic.... the greatest point scorer in history.... long live the king....
In regards to Haz being the Greatest Points scorer in History, I remember the commentators last year saying that only Craig Fitzgibbon was the closest to Haz and that any other player has a long long time to catch Haz. It would appear that Haz will hold that record for a long time.

rogueflare

popeye
Reaction score
lets be honest here guys, haz was a passenger last year. Turner is alot better option for us in attack and defence.
Yeah guys, lets be honest. Haz will be missed for being alot more than just a goal kicker. Maybe his age has taken a slight edge off his attacking prowess, but he still got the ball down over the line. He will be missed for his defence, just as much as he is missed for his goal kicking.

-313-

pure and simple guys, had we had El Magic on Saturday, we would have won the game.

the Coyote

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In regards to Haz being the Greatest Points scorer in History, I remember the commentators last year saying that only Craig Fitzgibbon was the closest to Haz and that any other player has a long long time to catch Haz. It would appear that Haz will hold that record for a long time.
Yeah... no doubt in the distant future, some wiz kid will come along, start
playing first grade at 17, play 18 seasons and finally beat his record....
I guess nothing lasts for ever , but its going to take a long time to beat it....
Can you imagine what his record would have been had he been the first
choice kicker when he made the grade, though it would have been hard to
get a kick in front of Halligan.....

People under sell Hazem, he was more than just a great goal kicker, he
could always sniff a try out, and could defuse an overlap, always be a
legend on and off the park.....

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We have been spoilt for goal kicking in the past, now its a trip back to reality.

Whoever picks it up isnt going to be half as good as Hazem and it is going to hurt.

Just something we have to get used to.

C

chipandchase

look haz was not first choice either, so as long as we can have someone kicking at 80% that would be good enough, no one can replace Halligan we said also.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Going to be weird for me too.

I cant remember a Bulldogs team without Haz. Mainly cause of my age and bad memory :p

Hopefully Turner will fill the void.

Status
Not open for further replies.