Mortimer to make a decision soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

brendan

Waterboy
Reaction score
would we want him if his last name was not mortimer i think people are getting 2 caught up in the name he has only played a bunch of games hes not proven yet

Bulldog Bandit

Kennel Established
Reaction score
would we want him if his last name was not mortimer i think people are getting 2 caught up in the name he has only played a bunch of games hes not proven yet
Couldn't agree with you more! But I also think Greenberg wants him here as a marketing tool, & not just for his footy skills.

Guardog

You Dirty Dog
Reaction score
It would depend on how Parra start their season. They don't want to do what they did last year. They played some crap footy. I did like Lamb's comment that the Bulldogs are prepared to wait if Mortimer resigns with Parra.

top_dawg

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Keep him at the eels, we have a potentially much better prospect in young barba.

Give Ben all the guidance and support he requires, and watch his confidence as a team player and organiser flourish.

farenhyt

Kennel Established
Reaction score
he is staying at the eels, thats from someone who is on the new parramatta board. Pretty much a done deal, just finalising an amount

d_eye

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
he is staying at the eels, thats from someone who is on the new parramatta board. Pretty much a done deal, just finalising an amount
hope so.
he will buckle this year, alone with Hayne. ;)

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
hope so.
he will buckle this year, alone with Hayne. ;)
x2 i think you mean along though lol

I hope this whole us throwing 1mil for 3 years at the dogs for mortz is a bid for us to jack up his price so they have no money to sign mateo!

I have a feeling this is the move dymock wants mateo i reckon he could easily be the best 2nd rower in the game with the right training hits the line suprising hard can play 5/8 2nd row lock damaging ball runner and ALWAYS looks for an offload got alot of respect for mateo
I want him at the dogs dunno why we bought payne we don't need another stagg stagg is bulletproof

JERRY LEE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
it seems like he is staying with lamb coming out and saying the bulldogs will bide their time.

C

chipandchase

mateo is the man we want, get him , keep our exisinting playing squad and we win the comp.

C

chipandchase

i heard they signed Mateo
i know his manager personally, he is a parra juniour and ideally wants to stay at parra. But he doesnt get on with Anderson and he wants to be coached by Dymock who he spent time with when playing for Tonga.
so it only between parra and the dogs, same as for Mortimer. it all depends on how much game time he gets this year at parra.
imo id rather keep barba and sign mateo

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i know his manager personally, he is a parra juniour and ideally wants to stay at parra. But he doesnt get on with Anderson and he wants to be coached by Dymock who he spent time with when playing for Tonga.
so it only between parra and the dogs, same as for Mortimer. it all depends on how much game time he gets this year at parra.
imo id rather keep barba and sign mateo
X1000000000,000002938158183816

keep barba drop morrin, drop hickey if he doesn't perform get mateo

I think barba is getting down with himself after not getting enough game time with the club everytime i see photos of him he never smiles the kid looks ****ty i kinda think he is capable of replacing BK but I think he may leave before that happens hopefully he continues to impress KM and gets more game time

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
All this talk of Barba being promoted - from what I saw in the trial he will be useless in the centres. Nothing Idris and Morris can't outplay him with anyday.

If he's gonna shine anywhere, it's smack bang in the halves. That leaves him to take Roberts' role or Noddys. I think we could nurture Barba into a superstar alongside Noddy. Roberts IMO needs to go. We've seen the best of him, and that's considering Kimmorley makes him look good half the time.

Barba is the future of the Dogs'. I'd be gutted if we let him go. A good attitude is all he needs.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
rami he isnt going to be playing centre lol. he was put there in place of idris as he was moved to the 2nd half.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
rami he isnt going to be playing centre lol. he was put there in place of idris as he was moved to the 2nd half.
It's been talked about as a possibility though, that he can play centre or would be shifted there in an attempt to see what he has to offer. He won't do well there.

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All this talk of Barba being promoted - from what I saw in the trial he will be useless in the centres. Nothing Idris and Morris can't outplay him with anyday.

If he's gonna shine anywhere, it's smack bang in the halves. That leaves him to take Roberts' role or Noddys. I think we could nurture Barba into a superstar alongside Noddy. Roberts IMO needs to go. We've seen the best of him, and that's considering Kimmorley makes him look good half the time.

Barba is the future of the Dogs'. I'd be gutted if we let him go. A good attitude is all he needs.
roberts needs to go?hate it when people say that from what ive seen of barba, roberts is much more talented he just isn't consistent over 2008 and previous years but last season he was very solid all season and great at some points

find me a better no.6 at around $225k we pay him a year

round 14 showed what he can do if given the chance we are yet to see the best of roberts mark my words massive year this year for him as he knows his spot in FG is under scrutiny

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
roberts needs to go?hate it when people say that from what ive seen of barba, roberts is much more talented he just isn't consistent over 2008 and previous years but last season he was very solid all season and great at some points

find me a better no.6 at around $225k we pay him a year

round 14 showed what he can do if given the chance we are yet to see the best of roberts mark my words massive year this year for him as he knows his spot in FG is under scrutiny
Barba, in due course - will be 10 times the 5/8 Roberts currently is. Whether it's here at the Bulldogs or at another club.

Of course, Roberts is the more experienced and safer choice in the meantime, but really I don't think he will get much better for us. He has his good games here and there, but struggles to be consistent as you said. We need to look to the future considering Noddy won't be here forever. If you ask me, it's Noddy who made him look good half the time last year.

I just think it's imperative that we start breeding Barba into the squad whilst Noddy is still here, or he'll end up shining at another club.

BaYry Ward

Former Immortal
Reaction score
If Barba leaves he'll kill us like Billy Ngawini. Mark my words.

Status
Not open for further replies.