Bulldogs look to lure Parramatta NRL star Daniel Mortimer

Status
Not open for further replies.

kranks

Waterboy
Reaction score
PARRAMATTA might have won their epic preliminary final battle in September but the Bulldogs are now scheming to win the war for the signatures of Daniel Mortimer and Feleti Mateo.

The Bulldogs see young Mortimer as the natural heir to veteran Brett Kimmorley's No. 7 jersey - and not just because his surname is synonymous with the Belmore club.

While the 19-year-old's rookie season was brilliant, Bulldogs CEO Todd Greenberg is perhaps more enamoured with Mortimer's maturity and class - qualities Canterbury now demand from new recruits.

Greenberg has held several rounds of talks with the Mortimer camp since the Grand Final, and father Peter is again warming to his old club after becoming disillusioned a few years back when the Bulldogs were a disciplinary rabble.

As for Mateo - also off contract at the end of this year - Greenberg has enlisted a secret weapon in the form of assistant coach Jim Dymock. Mateo has great respect for Dymock from their 2008 World Cup campaign for Tonga, when the former Eels and Bulldogs star coached the team.
Mateo couldn't crack Parramatta's starting side during the finals, but there would be no such problem at Canterbury, where the ball-playing utility would call more of the shots.

Parramatta CEO Paul Osborne is aware of the raid and guaranteed Eels fans a rearguard action had begun.

"We know what the Bulldogs are up to - and we want to keep both of them," Osborne said. "Ideally, we'd like to do it before the season starts so it's not a distraction."

Greenberg went to extraordinary lengths to meet the families of 2009 recruits Michael Ennis and Ben Hannant before they signed.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...-daniel-mortimer/story-e6frexnr-1225815076293

JERRY LEE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with this mortimer and mateo would be better than chasing thurston.

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven't paid that much attention to Mateo but I think he is a good utlity to be sure Mortimeir at 7 though could take a while for his age he is brilliant but whether he can step up to the plate and play like noddy I don't know.

Sabre V

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Mortimer would be a fantastic signing if we can bag him

d_eye

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm confident in Mateo, but I'd Luke to see how Daniel goes this year.

buddman

Serial madman!
Reaction score
Bring it on! Let's welcome them to a premiership winning club in recent times :-)

Last time Parra won the comp was??

S

Shermy

Im not sure Mortimer is a halfback at this stage - his passing game is average to say the least and his kicking game is abit hit and miss.

I would be throwing the bank at Mateo as the Bulldogs dont really have any attacking backrowers besides Buddy Gordon.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
This is one of the most amatuer attempts at sensationalist journalism I've ever had the pleasure of digesting.

Lets break it down kiddies ....

* It's the Daily Telegraph.
* It's Josh Massoud.
* It's January the 1st !!! - Season start is more than 60 days away.
* The crux of this story is that we may sign Mortimer and Mateo for 2011.
* It come complete with flashy headline, alarmist wording "Raid" and pictures so fans can visualise it better.

Complete and utter "FILLER !" ...... Who f*cking cares ???

This paper thinks we're all stupid.
Boycott.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
who ever comes comes to the doggies great, who ever doesnt who cares.
mortimer has to prove himself again this year before we get all excited.
mateo... yes

FLICK THE EELS

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
As for Mateo - also off contract at the end of this year - Greenberg has enlisted a secret weapon in the form of assistant coach Jim Dymock.
Secret weapon??? It has been widely reported that the Dogs have used Dymock to speak to Mateo re the possibilty of moving the Dogs.

I was hoping Mateo would be released for 2010. The Eels added a lot of salary in the off season.

~stacie

Michael Ennis ♥
Reaction score
This is one of the most amatuer attempts at sensationalist journalism I've ever had the pleasure of digesting.

Lets break it down kiddies ....

* It's the Daily Telegraph.
* It's Josh Massoud.
* It's January the 1st !!! - Season start is more than 60 days away.
* The crux of this story is that we may sign Mortimer and Mateo for 2011.
* It come complete with flashy headline, alarmist wording "Raid" and pictures so fans can visualise it better.

Complete and utter "FILLER !" ...... Who f*cking cares ???

This paper thinks we're all stupid.
Boycott.
Agreed!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Mortimer is still uproven (like Hayne) for multiple seasons.

Lets see how he goes in 2010 before we start banging on about them.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I like Daniel Mortimer, not just because of his surname.

He has the perfect personality and mindframe to fit in at the dogs. But he needs to prove his worth this season.

Greenburg wants him here something baaaad though lol

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like Daniel Mortimer, not just because of his surname.

He has the perfect personality and mindframe to fit in at the dogs. But he needs to prove his worth this season.

Greenburg wants him here something baaaad though lol
dont forget mateo would be great signing aswell.

craig

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
fark parra scum. bring back johnno

Status
Not open for further replies.