Looks like Hayne won't get suspended

Status
Not open for further replies.

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
If Hayne doesn't get suspended, I'm a Dutch Astronaut.

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Of course he won't get suspended. ( I will HAPPILYYY eat humble pie though!)

1. He is the "golden child" of the NRL :rolleyes:
2. It's the grandfinal. It's like they often turn blind eyes to these things and ignore precedent.

There was a lot of dirty in that match.

TJ

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Last year Cameron Smith missed the grand final, this year it will be Hayne, he is only young there will be other grand finals, he has to get suspended.

Sabre V

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Bryce Gibbs got 2 weeks, so knowing the judiciary Hayne will probably get minus 2 weeks, he will have 2 weeks in credit for next season.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
again the judicery will show no respect to the bulldogs players,team or management and hayne will walk free.

bulldogs2010

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that just because we are Bulldogs fans, we are looking at it in that sense.

He was already sliding and it was just an unfortunate accident that he kneed Goodwin.

He didn't lean in with the feet or have any intent in it. It wouldn't be fair to rob him of a Grand Final.

Matthew Keating on the other hand is as good as gone IMO.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He is the games biggest drawcard and the games best player.

He won't get suspended.

crybbe666

Waterboy
Reaction score
I think that just because we are Bulldogs fans, we are looking at it in that sense.

He was already sliding and it was just an unfortunate accident that he kneed Goodwin.

He didn't lean in with the feet or have any intent in it. It wouldn't be fair to rob him of a Grand Final.

Matthew Keating on the other hand is as good as gone IMO.

I don't think that is the point, do you? Not fair to rob him of a GF? Ask Cam Smith if he had any intent last year. The ruling this year has been NOT to go in with feet or knees in the ingoal. It is pretty clear that is what he did. He was never going to make a difference to the scoring of the try.
And how coould he have been sliding if he kneed him in on top of his head???

roc-a-fella

Not impressed..
Reaction score
Don't think anyone deserves to be suspended for the gf I think it would be a real shame for anyone to miss out on an incident like that and it's clear hayne wasn't aiming for brysons head

Number13

Management
Reaction score
I am over it!

Hayne did what he did, whether it was accidental or with malice, the point here is he was penalised, put on report and the judisciary should deal with him harshly. He led with his knees, period. He did not in any way try to deviate prior to contact. He obviously made a lazy, lottery type of an attempt to stop Bryson from scoring the try. Consistency counts with these types of calls. Based on who you talk it will go either way.

As a foot note to this post, Parramatta played with intensity and with illegal acts. No question about this. Their gamesmanship, particularly those from Hindmarsh, leaves a bitter an bad taste and it will only deterioate into pub brawls.

Congratulations Parramatta. You are lower than rock spiders.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When Gibbs got his Grade Two for the same thing on Luke Burt. (except not in the head).
Daniel Anderson was strong in his words suggesting this kind of thing was something that needed to cracked down on & put out of the game! Would be interesting to see his thoughts now?

Reality is it is Hayne & it's a GF he will be missing. They will give him a Grade 1 he will be free to play. They will show they have punished him with a charge. Yet at the same time their poster boy will be free to play!

A lesser player player wouldn't be so lucky! The hooker on the other hands season is over!

dsb

Waterboy
Reaction score
Should have been sent off and should get at least 5 weeks. Deliberate act when a player is at their most vulnerable when scoring a try and can't defend himself. Fkn Grub

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Dont kid yourselves people. There is NO WAY on earth they will suspend the glamour boy.

If the Storm win today, they will blow up deluxe when he gets let off with a grade 1, especially as they had to play a GF without Cameron Smith!!

nasals

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
IMO, what Hayne did was not any worse than El Masri on Burt.. he took his legs out from underneath him and could have caused a major injury.

Goodwin got down very low and Hayne was trying to put a body shot, just happened that his kness were at the same level as his head. Shouldn't miss the GF for that.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
i don't see the difference of accidently hitting some in the head with a forearm, and this. noone intensially goes in to hit someone, but the fact is he made contact with his head

craig

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
gibbs got done for 3 weeks hayne will fight it and get it down graded to one week. no way he should be able to play the try had already been scored before he did it.

BulldogStar

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Thurston wasnt suspended for kicking Williams in the face in origin. Hayne will not under any circumstances be suspended and miss the game next week.

Special rules for 'special' players.

I lost any respect i had for Hayne last night. He went in with intent to stop the try

F

fredie

hayne -grade 1 offence- might get some points if found guilty. but noy enough for suspension

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
IF it IS deemed Grade 1. It hasn't been decided yet. Obviously if it's Grade 1, he won't get suspended, anyone can tell you that.

**** people are stupid, already thinking he's sweet.

R

rocky IV

Thurston wasnt suspended for kicking Williams in the face in origin. Hayne will not under any circumstances be suspended and miss the game next week.

Special rules for 'special' players.

I lost any respect i had for Hayne last night. He went in with intent to stop the try
the origin and NRL judicaries are seperate

if thurston had of done it in an NRL game he would have been suspended

Status
Not open for further replies.