Kanye West 'to take time out' from music

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_crusader

I'm a big blob of LARD
Reaction score
Kanye West 'to take time out' from music

DISGRACED star Kanye West used Jay Leno's prime-time debut to announce he plans to take time off to "analyse" his life after ruining Taylor Swift's moment at the MTV Video Music Awards.

“It was rude. Period,” said West of the incident, in which he took the microphone from the 19-year-old during her acceptance speech for best female video, declaring Beyonce was more deserving.

"I don't try to justify it 'cause I was in the wrong."

The rap star said the deafening boos of the crowd made him realise immediately that what he did was wrong.

He added that he would take time off from his music career to reflect.

“I’ve never taken the time off to really - you know, just music after music and tour after tour. I’m just ashamed that my hurt caused someone else’s hurt." he said.

"My dream of what awards shows are supposed to be, ’cause, and I don’t try to justify it because I was just in the wrong. That’s period. But I need to, after this, take some time off and just analyse how I’m going to make it through the rest of this life, how I’m going to improve.”

West also conceeded his mother Donda, who died in 2007, would have given him a lecture regarding the incident after Leno asked him what she would have thought of his actions.

West did issue an apology for his tirade on a blog, but the post was removed from his site early today.

"I'm sooooo sorry to Taylor Swift and her fans and her mom. I spoke to her mother right after and she said the same thing my mother would've said,'' West said.

"I'm in the wrong for going on stage and taking away from her moment! Beyonce's video was the best of this decade.

"I'm sorry to my fans if I let you guys down.''

West told Leno he would like to apologise to Swift personally.

West's outburst immediately prompted a viral YouTube post spoofing Barack Obama in a Kanye mashup. See the video below:

Meanwhile, MTV VMA host, Russell Brand, has defended Kanye's outburst, but a chorus of condemnation has since been directed at West by other music world figures.

Singer Pink registered her disapproval with a tweet on micro-blogging site Twitter today.

"My heart goes out to Taylor Swift. She is a sweet and talented girl and deserved her moment. She should know we all love her,'' Pink said.

Another post used abusive language to disparage West.

A post from singer Katy Perry meanwhile said West's outburst was comparable to "stepping on a kitten''.

And singer Kelly Clarkson took aim at West with a post on her official blog. "What happened to you as a child?? Did you not get hugged enough??,'' Clarkson wrote.

"I just pity you because you're a sad human being.''

Meanwhile, thousands of Taylor Swift fans have visited her MySpace page to share their support and congratulate the singer on her VMA win: www.myspace.com/taylorswift

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/story/0,28383,26074690-7484,00.html

M

MikeyP..

fk up crusader. He apologises and you are calling him a sook. stfu.

the_crusader

I'm a big blob of LARD
Reaction score
No im calling him a sook because now people are hating him he is running away like a cat

~stacie

Michael Ennis ♥
Reaction score
Look, it was uncalled for, & wrong, & rude, but he apologised.
Crusader, he's not being a sook. He's doing the right thing by laying low.
He's apologised & now he's stepping away from the limelight to prevent himself from getting into more trouble, which is the right thing to do.

the_crusader

I'm a big blob of LARD
Reaction score
When the Beatles said they weremore popular Jesus they didnt come out the next day and say oh we are taking a break to analyse our lives.

craig

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
he is a fark wit for what he did. bloody us rappers think there schit dont stink. she shouldve slapped him in the head

the_crusader

I'm a big blob of LARD
Reaction score
Why in the hell are you comparing the beatles with kanye?
They said something that pissed people off and they were men enough to stick around. Thats why Im comparing the two but then again if you listen to Kanye West he thinks he is the greatest muso ever

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I love how Mikey takes it personally like he is Kanye's son or somrthing...

M

MikeyP..

They said something that pissed people off and they were men enough to stick around. Thats why Im comparing the two but then again if you listen to Kanye West he thinks he is the greatest muso ever
Kanye has a reputation of saying things that would cause him to get into deep sh.it. The beatles didn't/don't.

Kanye definitely knows what he is doing when it comes to music. He takes alot of pride in his work and he admits that. But it doesn't mean he thinks he is the greatest.

Status
Not open for further replies.