Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well done DJ... u did well... coming of the bench seemed to help u heaps

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sucked in to all the DJ haters. Especially the ****s who resorted to personal insults.

But it could be the last time we see him in the Blue n White.

Good luck to him.

zeedog

Bulldog Fanatic
Reaction score
On ya DJ...over all you have played well this year...as far as mistakes are concerned ...every one makes mistakes even B. Kimmorley....check out his stats for missed tackles this year.

will.i.am

Benchwarmer
Reaction score
Head up DJ, there will always be scrutiny on a pivotal position within a side.

You did well last night.

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Guess you didnt watch Rd25...

Holdsworth has NOTHING on Roberts with Kimmorley there.

Gee you guys have short memories.

Holdsworth is at best solid, and he couldn't have thrown the long pass that helped create our first try last night either.

Roberts >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> DJ
You are kidding right?

Which pass do you refer to? The one he had to turn inside out because he cant pass right to left, or the ones that kept missing the entire backline?

DJ's passing game is far better than Roberts. So is his defense.

Roberts does compliment Noddys game better but he does tend to overplay his running game.

With Morris & Idris outside him, Roberts should just concentrate on passing to the outside shoulder. Early ball PLEASE.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Who's to say that DJ wouldnt of had an awesome year if he got the #6 jumper over Roberts?

IMO I think he would have played awesome just like in 06. Not at any point did DJ play at 5/8 this year, and we all know that is his best position.

I hope he goes to another club and kills it.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Who's to say that DJ wouldnt of had an awesome year if he got the #6 jumper over Roberts?

IMO I think he would have played awesome just like in 06. Not at any point did DJ play at 5/8 this year, and we all know that is his best position.

Hes a decent 5/8 if he plays with a halfback that takes the pressure off, I dont think he would do better then roberts but he would have done well, With roberts is perfect, 1 bloke that has speed to burn with a step, and noddy to control the side direct it kick,chase etc perfect combo imo.

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Never have i agreed with a man more than i agree with Moe in this post

Dogs_fan_4lyf

PriiNc3ss :)
Reaction score
I really hope he doesnt see the comments we sed about him on diz site!!
he proved us all wrong !!

craig

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What he reads in the paper is nothing compared to some of the comments that people make on this forum about him. Poor bloke you did well DJ
do you really think he pays attention to poeple in this forum who are more then likely all under age kids with no idea. he has the support of the players and coaching staff and the fans who really understand footy.

balls to all the haters. should wake up to yourselves

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
As great as Turvey was, to play it out in the media was uncalled for. Plain and simple.

But Turvey has always loved to play things out in the media. For example the mid 80's and his war with Warren Ryan and then Phil Gould.

Warren Ryan stripped him of the captaincy. Phil Gould wanted to strip him of his starting position.

Great players should be there to be admired in the halls of the Leagues Club. That is their picture hanging on the wall.
Talking about things in the media as a player and former player are two completely different things. As a former player the media constantly contact past greats for comments and what Turvey said wasn't slanderous, personal or harsh on DJ, all he said is what he thought the halves combination should be. What is wrong with that? He's entitled to his opinion and no player should have a cry or get down because a past great doesn't agree that he should be in the team.

DJ is only human. Some people seem to think that sports stars should have some super thick skin. Of course negative words affect him, as they would anyone else.

Just because they may not reveal it, do you honestly think that other players aren't affected by negative criticism? Seriously, come on. Of course it would play on anyone's mind.
There's a big difference between reading about it/ acknowledging or being aware of it and getting depressed by it. Or even talking about it after the game. It's a non issue and DJ shouldn't be complaining about that sort of stuff after the game. It's what every player in every pro sport has to go through and he didn't get bashed from pillar to post in the media so it's really a non event that DJ is making out to be bigger than it is by unrightfully carrying on about after what was a good performance by him and the team.

Pa-28

Bring back the BIFF!!!
Reaction score
Only 32 tackles jeez... imagine what Kev would say to Haz each week!!

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Because he wasn't that great in 2006?

How many of you still actually think that Holdsworth was the reason we lost that Prelim final in 2006?

Not to mention, DJ has no running game to speak of, he would never replicate what Roberts did in that Broncos game, neither could he just step, fend and pass.

DJ has NEVER done that before and he WONT because he doesn't have that ability.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hes a decent 5/8 if he plays with a halfback that takes the pressure off, I dont think he would do better then roberts but he would have done well, With roberts is perfect, 1 bloke that has speed to burn with a step, and noddy to control the side direct it kick,chase etc perfect combo imo.
+1

Sherwin was our spark in 2006, and whenever he went well, we went incredibly well. Holdsworth was very solid that year, but he NEVER did anything out of the ordinary.

DJ wouldn't have been bad at all, but to think he can even go close to replicating what Roberts can? I think thats laughable tbh

If we had a very flashy halfback like Thurston, having Holdsworth would IMO be a better option

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Because he wasn't that great in 2006?

How many of you still actually think that Holdsworth was the reason we lost that Prelim final in 2006?

Not to mention, DJ has no running game to speak of, he would never replicate what Roberts did in that Broncos game, neither could he just step, fend and pass.

DJ has NEVER done that before and he WONT because he doesn't have that ability.
Watch DJ in 06, he was pretty damaging as a runner of the ball. Knew where to hit the line to slip through it

Status
Not open for further replies.