Congratulations Holdsworth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCB-BD

CBBD FTW!
Reaction score
I think DJ showed everyone last night that he's a decent player and when he isn't put into a pressure cooker and can do his own job he provides an important link for the team.. if it wasn't for him, we wouldn't have scored a lot of our points last night, he linked the passes that made the attack work, great effort Daniel :grinning:

He also improved in his defense which was good to see and TBH while everyone goes on about his form this season, it hasn't been that bad... he's a confidence player and besides the odd dropped ball, DJ has come off the bench and given our defense a much needed boost throughout the season... it's just sad he's been disliked by people for his work in 2008 where he was thrown into the wolves.

As for Roberts, he is a player who tries to hard... if he hadn't tried to control the game so much, and just played naturally, the game play would have been much stronger in the first half... Roberts is a good player but when he overplays the game, he gets into trouble... he'll be better with Noddy back in the side to help him be a link again rather than the controlling man.

I'd like to see DJ on the bench even when Noddy comes back as I think we need another playmaker on the bench rather than a forward and DJ showed with confidence (which he now hopefully has) he can do the job quite nicely, just as he did with Melbourne on the coast... :grinning:

doctr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He had a good game, setting up a try, forcing an error and fixing up Idris shocking defence. Good game bud

d_eye

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He just ran on with so much enthusiasm. Inside balls, no look passes and defence one on one, with a couple of try saving diving tackles.
He should be a back up on the bench when noddy comes back.

craig

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
great player who always gets bagged out by dumb ass coks on this website. i dont think really pays any attention to the people here. the coach loves him so he is good enough. people need to support him not right him off if he makes a mistake.

very smart move by tadpole starting from bench. less pressure on him as he was the biggest talking point of this game.

well done mate good solid game

astroboy

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Is there a spot for him when Kimmorley comes back?

Interchange
Eastwood
Hickey
Armit
Gordon

bulldogs2010

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
TCB-BD, I disagree.

I agree about everything you said about Holdsworth but I disagree about putting him on the bench.

Our bench won us the game last night. Their impact was sensational.

Line Break

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm a DJ hater through and through

But I gotta say he had a great match. Well done DJ!

R

rocky IV

he played well

but so did the whole team if our forwards played like this last week we would have been at anz today instead of last night

will.i.am

Benchwarmer
Reaction score
Smart move by Tadpole to start DJ off the bench. Loved the 3 man prop attack at the start.

Prior to him coming onto the field, the right side wasn't getting any ball as Roberts prefers the left side. Then DJ came on and provided ball and to show how dangerous Idris and co can be.

Well done DJ!

Howsie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think we should just stick with Holdsworth and let him lead us to GF glory. If Kimmorely isn't 100% we might end up with a situation like De Gois. Holdsworth showed us he's one of the best NRL players going around and without him the best team in the finals would of given us a hiding, thankgod he was playing

And am I the only person that thought Roberts played well, he set up our first try. One of his knockons were because of a pass that was 1/2M behind him when he was hitting a hole. I didn't think he was that bad.

And yes I agree anyone that's bagged him before (me included) for all the crap he's dished out in the past should take that back. One brillant game against the best team going around shows how good he is.

=Sarah=

Long live MJ
Reaction score
he did his job but i dont think he was outstanding.

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I REGRET Warriors not signing him now >:(
that's going abit too far!
dude your love for him is easy as he is a crowd favourite, you dont have to watch your back!!!

I've loved him from day dot and have stuck by him since 2006, and continously got bagged for supporting him!!! Now thats love for ya!
whoop de doo, you're not the only one! :p

king_haz

Waterboy
Reaction score
Is there a get out clause in Roberts contract? He's a million times worse than watching Benji playing for the Kiwis with his stupid plays. Benji/ Roberts combo for the Kiwis EPIC FAIL!

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
More like thanks to Kevin Moore strategic move to put him on the bench to ease the pressure off him bloody well done, no one here even thought about that move

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Poor guy sais it was difficult reading people bagging him all week

Good peformance he did what we needed from him

Thumbs up for DJ!

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
i cringe everytime holdsworth comes onto the footy field, last night he did play very well, i do have to give him credit where credit due........ well played last night daniel

Status
Not open for further replies.