Bulldogs Finals Chance Saviour: Holdsworth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Karma's a biatch ayyy Kennel?? I obviously didnt want Noddy to get injured, however heaps wanted DJ to get injured here, well now Karma has bit you on the ass and Noddy is potentially gone for min 2-3 weeks which could easily end out be season ending.

Good luck DJ, future premiership winning halfback ftw!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I reckon Holdsworths errors stem down to a few things.
1. Trying to rush plays, due to over excitement.
2. Trying to be the hero in every play.
3. Not being aware of his fellow players around him.

He needs to just settle down, slow things down need be, and take the game play by play. Instead of thinking about how he's going to score a try, think about getting to the line. Instead of thinking about how can I chip to myself, think about the fact it's the first tackle.

In short he needs to play a smarter, more sensible football game.

I have no doubt he's capable of doing it, because against say the Storm, he showed flashes of individual brilliance.

If he's on here I have a simple message for him: Play as you would play in a team. Don't take it upon yourself to set up and score every point.

Take into account the above and I reckon his game will change dramatically.

Note that even in NSW Cup the above notes showed.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The thing is G-Dog Parra have a great individual player in Hayne at fullback who kicks alot of the time and can create something out of nothing. Plus they have free reign to throw any offload they want to so they don't need a dominant half as they make so many metres spreading it and off offloads.

Whereas we don't play that way or have a Hayne type of player. So while I understand what you're saying hopefully we can do something similar until Noddy gets back, Parra are a vastly different situation IMO.
I take your point. They are less reliant on their no 7

How Parra goes against a desperate Saints team this Friday @ Kogarah, will say alot about their title hopes. I wouldnt mind the Saints winning coz the Eels have me worried.

DrBulldog

Waterboy
Reaction score
true that marioo...
i think if we can scrap through 1st round in finals kimmorley is a fast healer he will most likely be back for the 3rd round of finals. just pump him in hyperbaric chamber.

we will be fine. kimmorley will be back when needed, in the mean time holdsworth is best option as defense good. leave attack to roberts

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
hyperbaric chamber im sure doesnt work on healing bone fractures faster. Its more of a muscle strain/tear effective treatment

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Karma's a biatch ayyy Kennel?? I obviously didnt want Noddy to get injured, however heaps wanted DJ to get injured here, well now Karma has bit you on the ass and Noddy is potentially gone for min 2-3 weeks which could easily end out be season ending.

Good luck DJ, future premiership winning halfback ftw!
Post of the year

:roflol:

Marioo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
true that marioo...
i think if we can scrap through 1st round in finals kimmorley is a fast healer he will most likely be back for the 3rd round of finals. just pump him in hyperbaric chamber.

we will be fine. kimmorley will be back when needed, in the mean time holdsworth is best option as defense good. leave attack to roberts
Exactly right, we are guaranteed a top two spot!! So hopefully we dont verse a red hot parra, and get past week one and get to week three then anything could happen!!

Holdsworth defence is solid, and I think his kicking game is still one of the best in the NRL, his attack is good when his playing with some confidence. Doesnt need to do to much in attack except take it a few times so we arent to predictable hitting roberts everytime, all he needs to do is give jamal some early ball and get him one on one and we will be good.

The last time Kimmorley came off injured was against the Storm, and correct me if im wrong, but was it not Ennis Holdsworth and Stagg who lead us to that win? We are very capable of doing it!!!!

craig

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
if noddy has taught Holdsworth knowledge this year its gone in one year and out the other
why does he keep getting picked then pronghead. cos he is in good form this year. obvious isnt it. great coach knows a good player when he sees one. moore doesnt take in any input from the people off here. too many people bag out players on here.

same as on game day. wen we had those free tickets the other week. sat with the members so many of them bagging the players out thats not right you dont do that. bulldogs supporters stick by there team not write them off.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I take your point. They are less reliant on their no 7

How Parra goes against a desperate Saints team this Friday @ Kogarah, will say alot about their title hopes. I wouldnt mind the Saints winning coz the Eels have me worried.
I think Parra have everyone a little worried tbh.

Part of me wanted to avoid them in week one so we can get the week off after beating an easier team because they could easily beat us. The other part of me says if we want to win a comp we have to beat anyone that comes against us and we shouldn't fear anyone if we are good enough, fair dinkum and want to be true champions.

But all of that went out of the window with Noddy getting injured. Without him we can easily lose to Parra and we NEED that week off in week 2 of the finals so that Noddy has more time to get healthy and make an early return.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
i want parra to win on friday, if they dont then more than likely parra will finish 8th and us 1st, meaning sunday arvo game vs parra noooooooooooooooooooo

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score
I want to play Parra 1st week of the finals.

We will send them packing

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I want to play Parra 1st week of the finals.

We will send them packing
With Noddy I'd agree. Without Noddy and with the infamous halves pairing of Roberts/Holdsworth I would be very worried going into that game.

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
i want parra to win on friday, if they dont then more than likely parra will finish 8th and us 1st, meaning sunday arvo game vs parra noooooooooooooooooooo
Man, how good would that be??? Do not fear any team, we can beat them all and to be the premiers you gotta go through them, so screw it....BRING EM ON

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
lol id rather dogs vs parra GF though!!!

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score
With Noddy I'd agree. Without Noddy and with the infamous halves pairing of Roberts/Holdsworth I would be very worried going into that game.

ye of little faith.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
ye of little faith.
I've got plenty of faith and no doubt they can get us through next week and in week one of the finals against a mediocre team at home like Newcastle but playing a red hot team like Parra with them? Then, yeah, I wouldn't have too much faith and would need to be converted praise the lord.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We'd beat every team in the comp even with Holdsworth except for Parra...I have no doubt we need Kimmorley against Parra to win

Roberts was in fine form, and to those who think Holdsworth 2006 was any good, he was nothing compared to Roberts in 2009, still i support Barba being played in games like these (Against Roosters, Warriors) but i dont think Barba can handle the defence needed in finals footy, Holdsworth atleast has experienced it before

Matty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree that Barba should be given a go but this is not the right time. Holdsworth is the player (if he pulls his socks up) that can replace Noddy...he has more of an organisational role in the team rather than individual brilliance...which we already have with Roberts. If our bench wasn't going so good at the moment i'd say pick BOTH Holdsworth and Barba but i can't see who should be dropped.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
if i had to choose between holdsworth and barba...id have to go with holdsworth...simply because he has been there before and has a better chance of doing something...but personally i wouldnt mind having the set up we did today but i dont see it happening

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
if i had to choose between holdsworth and barba...id have to go with holdsworth...simply because he has been there before and has a better chance of doing something...but personally i wouldnt mind having the set up we did today but i dont see it happening
Wouldn't be too bad to have Barba on the bench IMO...

Have Holdsworth starting with Roberts at 6 and if Holdsworth isn't performing up to scratch, sub him off for Barba and play him in the forwards from there onwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.