ANOTHER Holdsworth Thread.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

farenhyt

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yes it is, yet another thread on Daniel Holdsworth.....

But instead of bagging this guy out, its about time Us fans get off his back, and support him as a player. If i was him, and i came here and read all the bull**** you say about this bloke, id be dropping the ball as much as him too, missing a few tackles, or getting confused out on the field on some certain plays. Its quite Obvious why Daniel keeps getting picked to play ahead of any other NSW cup rep, but we dont see that, we dont see his efforts at training, or the extra work he might do, or how he might actually listen to the coach and senior players. Over the years the bagging he has copped, he still hasnt come out in the paper and said he wasnt happy, or that he wanted to leave for more game time, instead he gets back to training to improve himself as a player, for his benefit, and for ours.

I think its about time, especially coming into the finals that all of us Canterbury Bankstown supporters got behind his bloke, and appreciated the effort that he goes through to proudly wear the bulldogs colours. Confidence is a big thing, i hope we can encourage him, coz sure enough, ther will be a time where he might be called in to help in the finals...

DJ, you have done well, you have improved, and i hope you come out and have a blinder.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
dude, i dont think we are allowed to discuss holdsworth:sleep:

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Mate, thanks and I agree.

But there has been at least 2 other "Leave Holdsworth Alone - Britney Spears' Style" threads in the past week.

I personally don't like Holdsworth that much as a player - but give him all the respect he deserves as a Bulldog.

So please, can we all leave this stupid Holdsworth topic alone? Love him or hate him - lets give him some respect and let this topic go :sleepy:

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He may be the greatest guy in the world and i appreciate that he puts in the effort.

Fact of the matter is that he isnt a good player and isnt up to snuff. people are just frustrated that he keeps getting picked, despite his flaws. I dont think there is any genuine malice towards him on a personal level.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yes it is, yet another thread on Daniel Holdsworth.....

But instead of bagging this guy out, its about time Us fans get off his back, and support him as a player. If i was him, and i came here and read all the bull**** you say about this bloke, id be dropping the ball as much as him too, missing a few tackles, or getting confused out on the field on some certain plays. Its quite Obvious why Daniel keeps getting picked to play ahead of any other NSW cup rep, but we dont see that, we dont see his efforts at training, or the extra work he might do, or how he might actually listen to the coach and senior players. Over the years the bagging he has copped, he still hasnt come out in the paper and said he wasnt happy, or that he wanted to leave for more game time, instead he gets back to training to improve himself as a player, for his benefit, and for ours.

I think its about time, especially coming into the finals that all of us Canterbury Bankstown supporters got behind his bloke, and appreciated the effort that he goes through to proudly wear the bulldogs colours. Confidence is a big thing, i hope we can encourage him, coz sure enough, ther will be a time where he might be called in to help in the finals...

DJ, you have done well, you have improved, and i hope you come out and have a blinder.

Could not have said it better myself mate, I blame the u20s comp they should have never put it on the tele, Most people who keep calling for barba over holdsworth would not have even known that barba existed if it wasnt for the 20s being televised, The niff nuffs think that if your a star against 20 year olds you deserve to be playing fg, Holdsworth is being picked for a reason like you said we dont see what goes on behind the scenes the coachs do.

craig

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
dont know why you scum bags bag him out. he is playing great this year. filling in the empty spots very well. all players have stepped up this year. great year great team minority of cok head fans who bag players can lick my balls

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
He was awesome in that Storm game up at Gosford,

TCB-BD

CBBD FTW!
Reaction score
When I read the messages from Baa's blog yesterday, I realised that a lot of people outside of here actually don't mind DJ as a player... and personally I don't either.

He has brain explosions and can be a complete stress to watch at times, but he gives his all and he has done some good things this year, which sadly because of peoples prior ideas, they can't get into their heads.

I agree with Baa, his future is as a utility NOT as a five-eighth or halfback... and I think DJ can become a good lock option for the future, whether it's here or at a another club if he gets a bigger opportunity elsewhere.

DJ's vision is getting better in where to move the ball around and his link play is stronger too... but I do agree with many here that there's still a way to go and being in a comp like NSW Cup isn't helping his cause at all.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not disagreeing with the point of this thread, but him not coming out and saying that he would leave for money or whatever isn't exactly a valid point...Which club atm would sign him? Bar the Warriors and the Sharks, two of the most pathetic teams in the competition atm.

I was incredibly hopeful that Holdsworth would offer something in the forward pack tbh, he has the ball playing skills, and that eventual hope disappeared because he didn't make much impact at all, he hasn't been rubbish this year but he's been very average at best bar the game against the Storm and the game against Newcastle.

I wouldn't rule him out entirely in the forward pack either, Roberts couldn't pass for sh!t back in 2007, what i do want to see is Holdsworth actually providing perfect passes ( there's no reason he can't develop this skill seeing as Roberts was just as bad as him at passing a few years back), and learning to offload more, which would make him an asset in the backrow, he's far too slow for the halves and does not challenge the line at all, but IMO does have a future in forward pack, whether that eventuates, remains to be seen.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
His a good back up, I dont mind when he comes in to cover for someone, But week in week out id go nuts lol.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Could be worse, could be Jarrod Sammut...

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
He may be the greatest guy in the world and i appreciate that he puts in the effort.

Fact of the matter is that he isnt a good player and isnt up to snuff. people are just frustrated that he keeps getting picked, despite his flaws. I dont think there is any genuine malice towards him on a personal level.
You've hit the nail on the head there. It's not that people genuinely hate him, they are just annoyed/frustrated at the silly errors he has in his game.

Meanwhile there are guys leaving the club, or killing (in NSW Cup) to get a spot in first grade, and end up leaving for another club because of it.

Danny Williams, Michael Sullivan, Lee Te Maari, Darryl Millard just to name a few decent players that deserve a shot over Holdsworth.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thread closed becuase there are a million other Holdsworth threads, use one of them.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
But instead of bagging this guy out, its about time Us fans get off his back, and support him as a player. If i was him, and i came here and read all the bull**** you say about this bloke,
A noble thought indeed Mr Farenhyt, but I wonder whether or not it is a carefully devised one. I contend that for the most part, the very notion of "criticism" is fraught with misapprehensions, and almost so to a fundamentally helpless degree. A fan criticizing a player for a perceived below par performance should not be subjected to a barrage of attacks. The better the player performs, the less reason we are left with to criticize. Who then is to argue that to not criticize a performance of a player that it will not hamper the player's motivation to improve their performance?

Personally, I find that criticism is healthy and enables human beings to thrive intellectually.

Status
Not open for further replies.