I'm Confused - Some questions about the Eels match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulldogs2010

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No one bash me for this.

I love Kimmorley but I think he at times is trying way too hard.

He kept wanting his hands on the ball, left, right and centre which is good to see he's enthusiastic but really stupid.

If your a Parra defender, your just saying follow Kimmorley. The ball is going there.

Overall, flat performance by everyone. Bar Eastwood, no one played well.

Bounce back next week.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
No one bash me for this.

He kept wanting his hands on the ball, left, right and centre which is good to see he's enthusiastic but really stupid.

If your a Parra defender, your just saying follow Kimmorley. The ball is going there.

Bounce back next week.
GTFO :p

K

kanecleal

No one bash me for this.

Bounce back next week.

The same could be said for Ennis

Talltimber

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Nothing Strange

I watched the game tonight and within the first 5 minutes things seemed strange. At fulltime this was confirmed.

1. Holdsworth in for Stagg, Gordon to bench. Does that mean Gordon was not going to be playing except for Stagg pulling out? How in the hell does that work? In addition, WHY WAS HOLDSWORTH AT LOCK. Eastwood to Lock, Holdsworth to second row (or park football I don't really care), Gordon in.

2. Who the hell were the refs? I'ev never heard of them, and hope I never have to again. Seriously bull**** calls from BOTH of them tonight.

3. Yes Parra were good, but getting helped 40m up field by the ref helps when you are getting dominated in your own half.

4. 10m ... Does ANYONE in Blue and Yellow know how far that is? If so, STAY BACK. Constant offside tonight by Eels smothered the bulldogs in attack.

5. Holdsworth bombed a certain 6 pointer, and attempted to tackle the ball instead of Moi Moi for the last try. That's park football stuff.

6. Our team lacked direction out there tonight, unsure why, but we got dominated. Kimmorley was kicking fine but his passes were really off, almost like he had other things on his mind.

7. What was the obsession with inside balls and going up the centre, if it didn't work the first, second or 30th time during the match, TRY SOMETHING DIFFERENT.

8. Did everyone forget we have centres and wingers?

9. Why does Idris stop before he decides to run??

10. Brad Morrin - Someone try and argue he should be in the team after tonight. Had a shocker.
Simple answer....we had around 46 tackles inside the opposition 20 metre line and came up with no points! They had 5 tackles in ours and scored 3 tries. We also had 38 missed tackles!

If we can't score after that, no amount of excuses are valid...NONE!

Parra owned us tonight in every position and facet of the game. All other teams got a good insight into how to beat the dogs tonight and it will be a big test to see how we will handle that.

As for Hayne & Moi Moi...I don't know who can stop them

BulldogStar

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I pretty much agree with almost everything that you said.

The offside by the Eels tonight was disgraceful, Luke Burt was atleast 5 metres offside all night.

They also lay in on the defense for way too long, were the refs to scared to call it? We get hammered for it in the penalty count EVERY week.

BTW Kane Cleal, Morris caught Hayne. And Armit definitly played tonight, dont know where your news came from.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Holdsworth is not a second rower...

Holdsworth for Stagg was the wrong call
it makes me wonder why he is still in the team... there are other players in the NSW cup that are way ahead of him for that bench spot... Gordon, Sullivan, Te Maari and D.Williams

No one bash me for this.

Bounce back next week.
Kimmorley knew what he was doing... Ennis on the other hand just had a poor kicking game tonite.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
for the record too didnt anyone else see that scumbag burt pushing on idris's elbow everytime he made a tackle on him? he would push on the elbow when getting up bending his elbow back. C8NT

StingrayCharles

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Easily kimmorley's worst match as a bulldog - did the same thing tonight as he did against newcastle early in the season, with too many inside balls whilst ignoring the edges (josh morris and Goodwin were wasted tonight)

Moore's first dud selections for the year too...hickey's form warranted a start over morrin

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wondered about the lack of attention our wingers were undergoing at certain points.

Itching for a try, baited breaths, wide open space, winger waiting and running up for the ball and BAM was thron toards the centre where a cluster of defenders were waiting.

I know using the wingers too much would be predicatable but damn they were almost forgotten in SOME parts of tonights game

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Its all ok we are still 2nd.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Idris would have given his right arm for a little footy. He was out there pleading for them to kick to him

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There was this group sitting behind me at the game tonight. Was funny when they were bagging out Holdsworth. lol

That made the loss a bit better. hahahaha. Think they would have bagged him even if we were infront by 40 though

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
i dont understand why they persisted down the left hand side tbh

Hasoon

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Def rigged thanks to the bets made in the TAB. We did not use our wingers. Ennis and Kimmorley knew we had to lose.

K

Kane 'em

Please Todd sign Matt Damon on an incentive based contract for two vegemite jars a week

Anastabation

Reaction score
Its a very long season and that was our only 13+ loss. We have only lost 5 games for the entire season. Its not time to get the knives out yet. The Eels have been like that all year... they are capable of putting up a very strong performance about once a month. The Bulldogs have been very consistant all year long, and lets face it, sometimes its easier for a side like Parramatta to get up for a game like this when they need to win the majority of their games to make the 8, when on the other hand we have a 3 point cushion in 2nd spot. The dogs will be angry about that loss and will come out and play better than usual next weekend. Its been the theme of the season. Its easy to get caught up in week to week stuff when you're a passionate supporter but look in the big picture. The dogs didn't have much to play for tonight and for the Eels is was a semi final. I'm not saying the boys didn't have a go, but you can't be at you're best every week for 30 weeks, I don't care how good a side is.

Hasoon

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was a rigged game. You people cant see that? You couldn't tell that Kimmorley and ENnis were doing stupid moves. Idris was continually signaling for the ball and so was Goodwin. They rarely got it in second half.Our wings is where we are the strongest, yet we didnt use them.

We weren't playing football last night. There's something fishy about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.