Not open for further replies.

MattO

Rocky Power
Reaction score
Source: http://www.rleague.com/db/article.php?id=33827

SHARKS SIGN TIGER DEAN COLLIS AND RE-SIGN LUKE COVELL
Monday 13 Jul 2009 11:30 +Blog - Have your say on this article
Source: www.sharks.com.au

The Sharks have continued their aggressive foray into the NRL player market with the acquisition of Wests Tigers centre Dean Collis.

The signing of Collis to a two-year contract complements an impressive Sharks roster for 2010 which has also added fellow Tiger John Morris, Penrith's Paul Aiton, Adam Cuthbertson from Manly and boom youngster Albert Kelly from the Eels.

The Sharks have also announced the re-signing of the experienced goal kicking winger Luke Covell to a new one-year deal.

Coach Ricky Stuart was understandably pleased that Collis would join the Sharks ranks from the beginning of next season and that Covell has agreed to remain at the club in 2010.

"It's exciting for us," Stuart said. "You only have to go back two years ago and Dean had a representative experience playing for City and I still think his best football is in front of him.

"I'm excited about the fact that in Dean we get a genuine centre, someone who can play with the ball before the line or through the line. He's got very good skill and having talked to him, he is also very much a professional.

"As for Luke Covell, he is a great clubman and an asset for our club both on and off the field. I am very pleased to have him here again next year."

Battling injury and currently on the sideline with a forearm problem, Collis has played just eight top grade games for the Tigers in 2009 and 77 in total during an NRL career which began when he was an 17-year-old back in 2003.

While a recognised try-scorer, having crossed the stripe 20 times in his NRL career, Collis is also a competent goal kicker, slotting 15 goals from 18 attempts in 2008 at a very impressive 83 per cent strike rate.

Still only 23-years of age, Collis also brings valuable experience that can only benefit a backline which this year unearthed talented youngsters such as Blake Ferguson, Nathan Stapleton and Matt Wright in 2009.

In other Sharks signing news they have also come to terms with current NRL squad members Grant Millington and Jayson Bukuya on one-year contracts, while last week halfback Scott Porter signed a one-year deal with a one-year option.

Source: http://www.rleague.com/db/article.php?id=33827

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
i reckon they will have a pretty decent side next year but still wont make the top 8

100% Warriors

THANKS HAZ!
Reaction score
Why would Dean Collis sign with the Sharks??

Say BYE BYE to his career

C

chipandchase

they have bought well, top8 next year for sure. they lacked speed and ball players, they have bought that now.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

Hasoon

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How does that work? Isn't Collis sign sealed and delivered to come to Canterbury?

Howsie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wasn't Collis suppose to be an origin player by now. My brother is a Tigers fan and use to always go on about him. He is pretty injury prone though isn't he?

Status
Not open for further replies.