Computer/Console Talk/Gaming Super Thread

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah I wouldn't even know what my percentage is. My ship is almost fully upgraded, my character has crafted every item and I have captured all the forts though. I think I just found out that Jack Kidd was Mary Read. I am just collecting the Templar Keys and Mayan things. It is one of my favourite games. I just wish it had been a new IP and just a pirate game without the assassin bullshit.
The most obvious twist in the history of gaming.

Do yourself a favour, while you're still playing Black Flag watch the series "Black Sails". It goes really well with the game.

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Do yourself a favour, while you're still playing Black Flag watch the series "Black Sails". It goes really well with the game.
Oh haha I saw it coming hahaha I should have put it as 'found out'. I used to be so into pirates when I was a little fella. I was so disappointed when I got onto my uncles boat and found out it had a motor, my plans to become a pirate seemed dashed instantly.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
anyone getting the crew
Should be. I was hoping Dick Smith would reduce it to $60 like they do with most games just before release but they never did. I played the beta on PC a bit and didn't get into it, then played it on Xbox One and loved it. Will probably wait to see the reviews to be sure.

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
Should be. I was hoping Dick Smith would reduce it to $60 like they do with most games just before release but they never did. I played the beta on PC a bit and didn't get into it, then played it on Xbox One and loved it. Will probably wait to see the reviews to be sure.
yeah i was trying to find it for cheaper then $70 as well

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score

I love AC Black Flag. The pirate theme is absolutely awesome. Also Black Sails is a top show i am looking forward to season 2

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Apparently Rogue (PS3/Xbox 360) plays similar to Black Flag in the ship battles and you play as a Templar for most of it but the none ship parts apparently aren't that great. The movement is more akin to AC2, but on the plus side playing as a Templar allows a different perspective. You can actually see Assassin's hiding in bushes and such and kill them before they get their target.

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love AC Black Flag. The pirate theme is absolutely awesome. Also Black Sails is a top show i am looking forward to season 2
I wish it had just been a new IP called black flag without all the assassin bullshit tbh.

Moronic Musings

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys! Just need a bit of help concerning some connection issues on my PS4.

So pretty much, I'd be in the middle of a Fifa Ultimate Team online match, and every 3 or 4 games, the connection will cut out, completely removing me from both the EA servers and the PSN. This doesn't happen in ANY other game I play whatsoever. I have tried speaking to my ISP, who were an absolute farce in providing help. I've sussed out a few different potential solutions and nothing seems to be working.

Any ideas on what I should do? Does anyone think it may be a playstation issue rather than something else?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

So pretty much, I'd be in the middle of a Fifa Ultimate Team online match, and every 3 or 4 games, the connection will cut out, completely removing me from both the EA servers and the PSN. This doesn't happen in ANY other game I play whatsoever. I have tried speaking to my ISP, who were an absolute farce in providing help. I've sussed out a few different potential solutions and nothing seems to be working.

Any ideas on what I should do? Does anyone think it may be a playstation issue rather than something else?
Ultimate team is like that for everyone aha. The servers are so bad. I got the shits with it had one day so i sold all my teams and blew all my coins on packs and i have never been on since. That was a few months ago.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

Probably a playstation/EA issue. They don't like each other much. EA spent a lot of money getting the EA Access subscription system set up to run on Xbox One and PS4 and Sony refused to use the system. Since then EA haven't had much care about stability issues between their servers and Sony's.

Plus Sony has been having only issues lately. Their servers were attacked not too long ago. For the last few weeks I haven't been able to play Destiny 'cause I get disconnected every 20-30 minutes right in the middle of a raid.

Moronic Musings

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ultimate team is like that for everyone aha. The servers are so bad. I got the shits with it had one day so i sold all my teams and blew all my coins on packs and i have never been on since. That was a few months ago.
Its so frustrating, it burns me lol! Seems to be worse than ever the ea servers this time round.

Probably a playstation/EA issue. They don't like each other much. EA spent a lot of money getting the EA Access subscription system set up to run on Xbox One and PS4 and Sony refused to use the system. Since then EA haven't had much care about stability issues between their servers and Sony's.

Plus Sony has been having only issues lately. Their servers were attacked not too long ago. For the last few weeks I haven't been able to play Destiny 'cause I get disconnected every 20-30 minutes right in the middle of a raid.
Sounds about right. Heard theres massive issues with Destiny atm. Was like that with GTA when i first got it last week, but it seems to have calmed down alot after the patch.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This doesn't so much belong in the PS4 thread, but I'll post anyway...

What happened to the old days of buying a game and enjoying it right away? Just bought Gran Turismo for $20 at JBHIFI, to get home and realise that about a thousand updates need to be installed first! Nearly 4 hours in and updates are only 65% through download!

I think this is why gaming just isn't the same for me anymore. What's the point of purchasing a physical copy these days to then have to download 10GB+ of additional patches.

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
brought an American amazon xbox gift card - put my address as a hotel in alaska

www.amazon.com/Xbox-Gift-Card-Onlin...4&sr=1-1&keywords=xbox+gift+cards&h=TAQFqzYPq

i got this message

Sorry, processing is taking longer than expected.
Please do not reorder this item.
Some Game and Software downloads go through extra verification that may take up to 2 hours.
This process is in place to prevent unauthorized orders on your account.

got the code

went to xbox.com - my account is set up in america in Alaska so there is no sales tax

entered the code

got this message

Uh oh... that shouldn't have happened.
It appears you've found a glitch in the system.
date: 12/3/2014 4:50:38 AM
s: o0h3DBxQIwtltyj+Mt18V+q3qrpu4T1IPAPC2eveT0w=
req: 5c7b0834-14c7-4db5-8260-429c631711b7

**** yeah i found a glitch - its called not paying bullshit australian prices

- got it working then brought the crew off xbox.com went home and downloaded it

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
brought an American amazon xbox gift card - put my address as a hotel in alaska

www.amazon.com/Xbox-Gift-Card-Onlin...4&sr=1-1&keywords=xbox+gift+cards&h=TAQFqzYPq

i got this message

Sorry, processing is taking longer than expected.
Please do not reorder this item.
Some Game and Software downloads go through extra verification that may take up to 2 hours.
This process is in place to prevent unauthorized orders on your account.

got the code

went to xbox.com - my account is set up in america in Alaska so there is no sales tax

entered the code

got this message

Uh oh... that shouldn't have happened.
It appears you've found a glitch in the system.
date: 12/3/2014 4:50:38 AM
s: o0h3DBxQIwtltyj+Mt18V+q3qrpu4T1IPAPC2eveT0w=
req: 5c7b0834-14c7-4db5-8260-429c631711b7

**** yeah i found a glitch - its called not paying bullshit australian prices

- got it working then brought the crew off xbox.com went home and downloaded it
The other day I was looking at the Sony Playstation Store and noticed that a lot of games were on sale for cheap. Things like Far Cry 4 for $30. I thought "Sweet" and added it to cart. It said "You must log in first". I logged in then it said "You're in Australia. New price $70"

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
The other day I was looking at the Sony Playstation Store and noticed that a lot of games were on sale for cheap. Things like Far Cry 4 for $30. I thought "Sweet" and added it to cart. It said "You must log in first". I logged in then it said "You're in Australia. New price $70"
hahahahahahah

change your address on your psn account to an american address - find a state that has no sales tax

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
You can do the same thing on Xbox, change your country to America and buy games online

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sony has taken the pro consumer stance here and need to be commended for doing so. I am not at all impressed with EA and their policies. I am making a concerted effort to avoid their IP's tbh.