Maitua: Pay me out or else

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeaKer

Origin Rep
Reaction score
from http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,24786443-5001023,00.html

SACKED player Reni Maitua has threatened legal action against the Bulldogs unless they hand him a hefty $100,000 payout.

Maitua - sacked by the club on December 3 after another off-field misdemeanour - is angry that few NRL clubs, if any, have enough money left under the salary cap to sign him.

The utility star may play the 2009 season for as little as $50,000.

His manager Sam Ayoub spoke with Bulldogs chief executive Todd Greenberg about the issue yesterday.

A firm Greenberg though said the club would be extremely reluctant to give the axed Maitua any payout.

Maitua claimed he would be prepared to take a pay cut and feels $100,000 would be a reasonable figure.

"I had discussions with Todd Greenberg in relation to the current predicament Reni finds himself in," Ayoub told The Daily Telegraph last night.

"It (a payout) is something we would pursue with the club to avoid potential legal proceedings.

"Todd said he needed to talk to some people at the club and would then come back to me.

"Todd has been good through this process and we hope that this is resolved as soon as possible.

"We're not trying to do anything wrong here."

North Queensland and Souths are two clubs interested in signing Maitua but both have salary caps issues.

Asked was a payout likely or unlikely, Greenberg said: "Unlikely."

Then told court action was a possibility, he said: "We would look to avoid any issue with lawyers. It doesn't help either party."

Greenberg said Maitua still had the right to appeal the decision.

But the Bulldogs privately claim they would not reinstate Maitua.

"We talked (yesterday) about whether Reni was going to use his appeal and he and Sam are still considering that," Greenberg said.

"In my view, Reni's contract was terminated because of constant breaches to the code of conduct."

Meanwhile the use of two referees next season was ratified at an NRL board meeting yesterday.

It is understood one referee oversees the play-the-ball and another based on the ten metre line.

An NRL statement read: "The main referee will always be the person stationed at the ten metre line and will be the one who will use the whistle to order stoppages or penalties.

"The second referee will communicate directly to the referee controlling the whistle. The referees will alternate roles during the match."

top_dawg

Kennel Established
Reaction score
if we pay this tosser a cent then we have no balls....fark him off already

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
SACKED player Reni Maitua has threatened legal action against the Bulldogs unless they hand him a hefty $100,000 payout.

Maitua - sacked by the club on December 3 after another off-field misdemeanour - is angry that few NRL clubs, if any, have enough money left under the salary cap to sign him.
Dear Mr Maitua,

Go to a house of mirrors.

And have a good hard look at yourself !

Kind Regards
Capt.Kickass

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
so basically he wants us to pay him for getting fired?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
FFS Reni, just f**k off back to your Bra Boy ****ot friends, post something on your MySpace page, pop a pill, beat up a cop, drink drive and leave us all alone you f**king drama queen attention wh*re!

You get money when you earn it.

You haven't earnt a cent.

You are an overrated, poor footballer who misses a sh*tload of tackles, can't hold onto the ball and constantly talks sh*t every second week and never comes close to delivering. You haven't played a decent game of footy in 3 years. You have gotten into trouble time after time because you are too busy thinking you are some sort of celebrity when all you are is a crap footy player who can't stay out of trouble.

You aren't worth one article let alone the 1600 that you have printed about you.

Stop milking the spotlight for all its worth, playing the victim and martyr and go to some other club and underachieve there you absolute waste of space.

Go back to the hole you crawled out of.

PeaKer

Origin Rep
Reaction score
Couldn't put it better myself Ben. Why can't he just F U C K O F F !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
O'Reni O'Reni O'Reni...

Not a single quote from you brother, ****ing media.

PeaKer

Origin Rep
Reaction score
Also found this small article from League HQ:

'Meanwhile, North Queensland chief executive Peter Parr said last night the Cowboys would not be pursuing sacked Bulldogs utility Reni Maitua. "There is no way we could make a competitive offer, with the salary cap strain we are under," Parr said.'

EAT **** RENI !!!

BALLY

Waterboy
Reaction score
Youve got no one to blame but yourself here reni...your the one thats stuffed up here not the club.your also the only one thats got yourself into this situation.for some reason you always seem to be the one in the wrong place at the wrong time...if you turned up for work and stopped fuking around youd still be in a job.by the way im sure youd be able to go out into the real world and get a real job that pays more than 50k a year so you dont have to settle for a low paying job in the nrl next season...you really need to take a long hard look at yourself...

bulldogs2010

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL at Reni, this is getting halarious.

Ok, So he claims the Dogs are playing with his life by wanting him de-registered so they let that go, Now because a club can't afford him for the amount he wants, he wants a 100 K bail or threatens legal action? PLEASEEEE hahahahahahahaha.

Just shows how dumb the guy is, If he just attended training like he should have like everyone else, he would still have his 250 K in his pocket. Oh well his problem, his not getting a cent.

He'd be fighting a losing case.

DoGs_R_dA_BeSt™

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
why should we pay him compensations when he is the one that fuked us over we didn't fuk him over

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
i can feel alot of hot air blowing...........is reni around or something?

S

sandman77

what a joke, A payout. hey ffs I go to work everyday, I have a family to support and bills and mortgage to pay each week. If I were to not turn up to work unexplained, no phone call, nothing, and it got out I did not turn up to work because I had a big weekend, then I would be sacked aswell. No payout nothing..

Why should it be any different for Reni.

I say bad luck buddy, go and get farked. I bet somehow the dogs will pay the pr1ck out. The Sharks sacked Anderson as coach, Anderson sued and the Sharks Payed him out $1,000,000.00 Its a joke.

Grow up Reni, learn responsibility and learn to face the concequences of your bad actions, the rest of us have to

Status
Not open for further replies.