Circus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Your Mum

Jorgie
Reaction score
Circus - Britneys new album <3

I've heard some tracks of it & it sounds wicked. I love you britney.

Does anyone know if its been released in Australia yet? Im so getting it!

any reviews?

BulldogStar

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Only tracks ive heard are womanizer and circus and niether of them are that great

~MC~

untouchable
Reaction score
Lace and Leather is alright.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Big props from this person - Some big calls in here !

Don't call it a comeback.

"Comeback" doesn't even come close to describing what Britney Spears has done on her new album, arriving in stores Tuesday, her 27th birthday. Not only is "Circus" (Jive) the best album of her career, but it could return her to the kind of massive, multiplatinum sales that she hadn't seen since the turn of the century.

"Circus" is overflowing with smart, savvy dance pop - the kind of hits that she has hinted at in the past with "Toxic" and "I'm a Slave 4 U" - that creates the perfect escapist soundtrack for these downsized times. All these accomplishments are made that much more incredible considering how low she had sunk - personally and professionally - last year with her string of tabloid-worthy exploits and the embarrassment of her clumsy train wreck of a performance on MTV's "Video Music Awards."

Her last album, "Blackout," sounded so cobbled together and half-done that many wondered if Spears would even be able to record another album, much less one as impressive as "Circus." Though she worked with essentially the same producers and songwriters this time out, the results are so different that Spears herself - generally known for her choreography and packaging rather than her studio chops - must be responsible for the change.

The monster hit "Womanizer" is only the beginning of the radio-ready barrage Spears is about to throw down. The title track, written by Dr. Luke, is another sleek dance-floor filler, as is the dizzying "Mannequin." And she has the disco-influenced "Lace and Leather," with its scratch guitar and Chic-inspired bass line.

"Lace and Leather" is another example of the biggest surprise of "Circus" - the way that it nods to previous classics before taking the songs in a new, contemporary direction. Spears has never been one to look back in her music, but there's a bit of Tina Turner's "River Deep, Mountain High" on "Mmm Papi," a bouncy little multi-culti trifle that telescopes several decades of sugary pop into a little more than three minutes. "Kill the Lights" - which chronicles her dealings with paparazzi, or maybe one particular paparazzo ex-boyfriend, as she says, "Is that money in your pocket or are you happy to see me?" - opens with a call-and-response similar to Aretha Franklin's "Respect." And on the bonus track "Amnesia," one of the album's catchiest tracks, Spears comes over like a cross between the Ronettes and Fergie as she coos, "I get amnesia when I'm sitting next to you-ooh-ooh."

It's all part of what seems like a new direction for Spears, one that values musicianship. She tackles some ballads, both from Robbie Williams collaborator Guy Sigsworth, that accomplish their missions. "Out From Under" shows how her voice, which is still a bit limited, can carry a song, even with spare accompaniment, while "My Baby" is a bit schmaltzy, as it conveys how Spears is a loving mother now - the cornerstone of her image rehab.

In many ways, "Circus" has Spears switching musical role models. She seems determined to be more like Gwen Stefani, a hit maker who knows how to use her strengths and weaknesses, and less like Madonna, who thrives on shock value and controversy. Yet somehow, Spears has delivered the biggest shock of all - compelling reasons to reverse her cartoonlike tabloid image and take her seriously as a singer.

Forget the release of "Chinese Democracy" as the year's biggest surprise. "Circus" is a Britney Spears album I never expected to hear - one that matters.
Sauce - http://www.newsday.com/entertainment/music/ny-ffmus5943128nov30,0,7286182.story

=Sarah=

Long live MJ
Reaction score
i saw it at big w yesterday so im guessing its out??

Your Mum

Jorgie
Reaction score
"im going to go through life like the karate kid" - Britney Spears. Best quote ever IMO.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Britney's new album.

Some good songs on it.

There's a song on the album called "If You Seek Amy".

Please discuss this track.

I repeat, If You Seek Amy.

The lyrics go: All of the boys and all of the girls are begging to If You Seek Amy

smarty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
christina aguilera ****s on britney
that is all

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Oh and the album is out so you can buy it Jorgie!

A

Al.Bundy

Anyone know where there is a real circus? With Animals, trapeeze and all that stuff? I would like to take my nieces. Hope this helps

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone know where there is a real circus? With Animals, trapeeze and all that stuff? I would like to take my nieces. Hope this helps
Granville Park always have circuses happening.

HTH

Status
Not open for further replies.