Roosters Dirty Work

Status
Not open for further replies.

~MC~

untouchable
Reaction score
with the salary cap, theres not many players left if at all. who stay at the 1 club all their carreers, so don't think they could put club before country
Then why have a cry about the Roosters, not talking to you specifically, just in general.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Then why have a cry about the Roosters, not talking to you specifically, just in general.
Because they throw shtloads at every flavour of the month who's off contract and toss him away when another flavour of the month is off contract.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The Roosters try and buy culture rather than create their own.

The Roosters pillage and raid other clubs players rather than have patience with and develop their own.

The Roosters will never be a successful club in the long term because one day further Salary Cap concessions will be allowed which will allow clubs to keep their veteran players and juniors which they brought to grade, and when that happens the Roosters will have very little to work with and their chequebooks will have less impact.

~MC~

untouchable
Reaction score
The Roosters try and buy culture rather than create their own.

The Roosters pillage and raid other clubs players rather than have patience with and develop their own.

The Roosters will never be a successful club in the long term because one day further Salary Cap concessions will be allowed which will allow clubs to keep their veteran players and juniors which they brought to grade, and when that happens the Roosters will have very little to work with and their chequebooks will have less impact.
Wasn't that from a Rebecca Wilson article?

~MC~

untouchable
Reaction score
Because they throw shtloads at every flavour of the month who's off contract and toss him away when another flavour of the month is off contract.
Nice spending spree the Dogs went on this year.

Bred not bought.

K

kennyy

How many times must this be said... we have re instated the Junior Teams!!!
no newtown has

and after public pressure no doubt once the gooster fans found out what sg and matts actually are

B.A.Baracus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
tbh i'd be more upset if someone said club before country. in any sport
Club before country. Clubs pay their wages.

If a key player of ours gets injured playing in a meaningless test match and misses out on a chunk of the season, I'd be livid.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sorry, I should have said the Roosters are at the forefront of developing Juniors and always instill their own culture which every other club follows. Also, they never purchase tonnes of players from other clubs and have lots of stability in their coaching ranks and have won alot of Premierships in the past 30 years.

Also, Brad Fittler is clearly the games best coach and the Roosters never get any favourable press nor do they ever get a favourable call from refs or Bill Harrigan.

Is that better? Is that what you would prefer I write?

Or can I write something resembling the truth or my own opinion?

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
Club before country. Clubs pay their wages.

If a key player of ours gets injured playing in a meaningless test match and misses out on a chunk of the season, I'd be livid.
that's your opinion, but i prefer watching my country play(surprising i know) then club, gives me alot more pride seeing the england flag flying, the national anthem being sung proud, and if amazingly we win then im alot more satisfied then club winning, im not saying im not excited when my club team wins comp or goes well, i just have alot more pride in my country

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
As soon as Dennis Tutty won the battle against the NSWRL to be allowed to negotiate with other clubs that is when the Roosters (and Manly) started their evil ways of poaching players.

~MC~

untouchable
Reaction score
Sorry, I should have said the Roosters are at the forefront of developing Juniors and always instill their own culture which every other club follows. Also, they never purchase tonnes of players from other clubs and have lots of stability in their coaching ranks and have won alot of Premierships in the past 30 years.

Also, Brad Fittler is clearly the games best coach and the Roosters never get any favourable press nor do they ever get a favourable call from refs or Bill Harrigan.

Is that better? Is that what you would prefer I write?

Or can I write something resembling the truth or my own opinion?
No, what you said originally is fine, it's your opinion, I just thought I heard it before.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lol @ the nice spending spree comment, What you expect? The rooters have snatched how many players that the dogs produced of the last couple years? Who d fek were anasta,myles n mason before they got to the dogs? You cant expect a team to lose that many players and not have to buy anyone to get back up, Sure they purchased afew players this year but we still have our own juniors coming through for eg Kite, Barba, Idris,nainai and that center that cant defend cant remember his name + a ****load of other players that got to where they are because of the dogs, Name me afew roosters juniors that will be playing fg next season? Stupid comment your whole teams been bought not just 30%, How many players are there in the nrl that were produced in bondi? Any roy asatasi's? Prices? Thurstans? give yourself an uppercut.

~MC~

untouchable
Reaction score
Yeah, it's fine to buy players, just don't make a shirt out of it.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Have you seen the players we lost? I mean you should know, half of them are at your club....

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah, it's fine to buy players, just don't make a shirt out of it.
Get over it. It was to promote that game and add extra spice. It also added a few more dollars in the bank account.

halfcast

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
roosters=CIA COVERT OPERATIONS=scum!

~MC~

untouchable
Reaction score
Get over it. It was to promote that game and add extra spice. It also added a few more dollars in the bank account.
Take your own advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.