Ricky Stuart claims conspiracy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Game Breaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Stuart's conspiracy claim rattles Carr
Jacquelin Magnay and Glenn Jackson | November 24, 2008

KANGAROOS coach Ricky Stuart was so incensed by the shock loss of his team to New Zealand in Saturday night's World Cup final he verbally attacked ARL chief executive and close friend Geoff Carr, alleging a conspiracy by tournament organisers.

Yet despite the fierce exchange of words and outlandish claims, and Stuart's role in overseeing the most stunning shock defeat in rugby league's centenary year, Carr was yesterday adamant the coach would keep his job - if he wanted to stay on.

Stuart is understood to have taken particular exception to a number of refereeing decisions that proved costly to his team and made accusations that an Australian loss suited the organisers and the future of the World Cup, which, up until the final, had been written off as a one-horse race after the Kangaroos' crushing defeats of the Kiwis, England, Papua New Guinea and Fiji.

But witnesses say Stuart was out of line in his attack, blaming match officials and accusing them of stitching up his team to such an extent defeat was virtually inevitable. While Stuart might have been upset with a few decisions, it was the errors of his team, coupled with a lacklustre forward pack, that cost them the game. Captain Darren Lockyer failed to ground a try, Billy Slater threw a ball direct to try-scoring Kiwi Benji Marshall and Joel Monaghan handed the Kiwis a penalty try after a deliberate and high tackle on Lance Hohaia
http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/news/stuarts-conspiracy-claim-rattles-carr/2008/11/23/1227375062521.html?page=2

xeno

xXxeno
Reaction score
Ricky only person to blame was Billy Slater

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
LOL.

The better team won, Ricky. Be a fcuking man and accept it. I backed you against Bellamy/Waldron but you need to STFU at the moment before you end up looking like them.

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They blew it. Its that simple. You cant blame anyone but the players. The ref was good imo.

~MC~

untouchable
Reaction score
SO glad he is not at the Chooks anymore. I can't believe how much energy I used to defend him lol.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
SO glad he is not at the Chooks anymore. I can't believe how much energy I used to defend him lol.
He won you guys a premiership didnt he? Doubt fitler will get the rooters even close to one.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
here ya go ricky u seemed to have spat it out

PigBenis

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ricky Stuart= EPIC FAIL... first Ausrtalian Coach To lose the cup

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ricky is a whinging poofta, hope he gets dropped

Last edited by a moderator:

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
he was on a roll but then choked when it really mattered

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
It wouldnt be the first Ref to rig a game but I couldnt see many biased decisions, the Kiwis just made us pay for our mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.