Are Melbourne really a dirty team

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimlo

ADMlN
Reaction score
Yes,

They have been dirty for a while and finally there has been something done about it. They have some of the grubbiest players in the NRL playing for them and hopefully this has sent a message to Melbourne that they are not as invincible as they thought they were
will IMO there grubbiest player went to you :p

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
would say yeah. but don't think it is right time to be making a point of it now in finals though i have not seen the grapple tackle so cant really say anything about it

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
They are a dirty team no doubt about that. They are playing the game in a way which is not in the spirit of the game, nor does it make it an entertaining spectacle.

Slowing the play of the ball down and grapple tackling is disgusting.

I wish the NRL would grow some balls and do something more about it, but alas the NRL is dying and Melbourne is one of the teams that really fill its coffers so either way things are f*cked.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
everyone is just pissed that melbourne are better at the niggle and borderline infringements than any other team.....
No. Everyone is pissed because they are dirty cnuts...

dragons_princess

Hung it on Ma Wall
Reaction score
haha nah I mean the guy who suspended this week, and his last name is smith :p

p.s That's jeremy smith ;)
Haha,

He is one of thier worst, After witnessing him in our game against Melbourne I wasnt surprised to see some of the grubby things he did within the game, Hopefully he leaves his attitude in Melbourne and brings the good footy attitude to Us next season as I believe the guy can play some good footy.

xeno

xXxeno
Reaction score
everyone is just pissed that melbourne are better at the niggle and borderline infringements than any other team.....

in five years the game will have evolved again and we will all be complaining about something else and the grapple will be in the dim dark past....

so after they get the grapple out of the game what will be next....

how about....... the cripple nipple.... lol
I hate people like you! You criticise a team and bam you're jealous of them. I'm sick of people who think like that.
I like a hard tough game but the things they do there is no need for them.
Seriously one day someone is going to go to hospital because of a grapple, head crusher etc.
League is meant to free flowing, not wrestling around the ruck.
Also i never whinge about the Broncos playing style even though they have been so good for so long so you throw your "you're jealous argument out the window"

BALLY

Waterboy
Reaction score
they are a great side but they definately use dirty tactics which arent good for the game.

kimlo

ADMlN
Reaction score
I don't see anyone calling manly a dirty team???? oh wait a minute, maybe it's because they aren't.

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
i swear i watch alot of league and its only them that realy do it

so i would say yeah they are dirty

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
tbh its all media crap making them worse. Last 7 rounds the review committee has checked 18 possible sharks potential grapple tackles compared to the Storms 7.

Now tell me who is more dirty.

The reason why they are in the media for it always is due to the fact they started this tactic and people want it erased so its natural to attack the team who started this fiasco

M

mofo sixx

i have said it so many times i am over saying it, but storm are the only team that seems to try and find loop holes in the rules etc, they constantly push the boundaries of what is acceptable

Crocker & White are probably the 2 dirtiest players in the comp imo! altho crocker has toned it down in the last couple of seasons compared to his days at the roosters

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Crocker & White are probably the 2 dirtiest players in the comp imo! altho crocker has toned it down in the last couple of seasons compared to his days at the roosters
Crocker, White and Gallen r easily the top 3, but other than Jeremy Smith there arn't really any other dirty players in the team than the first 2 aforementioned

tbh its all media crap making them worse. Last 7 rounds the review committee has checked 18 possible sharks potential grapple tackles compared to the Storms 7.

Now tell me who is more dirty.

The reason why they are in the media for it always is due to the fact they started this tactic and people want it erased so its natural to attack the team who started this fiasco
Thank you, somebody who sees the sense. This is what Bellamy was talking about in the other article. We are being positioned to c the Storm as the dirtiest most evil team... when every other team does what they do. Cowboys and Sharks are a ****load dirtier but i've never heard a bad word about either of them from the media

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Michael Crocker is better than Willie Mason

dogs should of done a straight swap Mason for Crocker in 2005 when Mason was talking **** about getting paid all the money in the world to stay at the dogs

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Thank you, somebody who sees the sense. This is what Bellamy was talking about in the other article. We are being positioned to c the Storm as the dirtiest most evil team... when every other team does what they do. Cowboys and Sharks are a ****load dirtier but i've never heard a bad word about either of them from the media
Maybe because they don't constantly do it and aren't coached to be dirty cnuts?

Melbourne know EXACTLY what they're doing. They've been doing it and getting away with it for a long time and now it's catching up with them.

I wouldn't take note of what Bellamy and Waldron say if I were you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe because they don't constantly do it and aren't coached to be dirty cnuts?

Melbourne know EXACTLY what they're doing. They've been doing it and getting away with it for a long time and now it's catching up with them.
Im pretty sure they r coached to do it

I reckon the dirtiest efforts i've ever seen from a team were the cowboys vs warriors last yr

Dirtiest tactics ever. They didnt get penalised once in a game full of blatent foul play. it was the day i gave up on refs

Status
Not open for further replies.