Paul Langmack - My 100th First Grade Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
It’s a very sad day to know the hero will fall off the perch this weekend. You may not be aware but I didn’t get a head like mine picking flowers.

As reported today in The Daily Telegraph “KARMICHAEL Hunt will become the youngest player in history to register 100 top-grade games when he takes the field against the Knights this weekend.

Canterbury's Paul Langmack was the previous record holder, achieving his 100 games at the age of 22 years 26 days in 1987”

I remember my 100th first grade game like it was yesterday. One of my favourite games was Bulldogs were playing Parramatta at a packed Belmore Sports Ground in 1984.

Darryl Brohman and Phil Gould were some of the club’s big off season buys from Penrith. They were good mates and living together.

Parramatta had scored the opening try through a Gould miss tackle early in the game at the Canterbury Road end. We use to call it the “Wog Stand” (Don’t worry my best mate is Lebanese)

We had the most loyal supporters. Standing behind the goal line waiting for Mick Cronin to convert the try a Bulldogs supporter yells out.

“Gould get back to Penrith where you belong. You’re a waste of money”

Brohman good mates of Gus and living with him put his arm around him and said “Don’t worry mate we’re all in this together”

As Brohman did this another Bulldogs supporter yells out “And take your Fat mate with ya”

In such a big game we all had a chuckle and went onto win the game.

Ah bring back the 80’s

BIG NEWS ON THURSDAY FOR YESTERDAYS HERO

www.yesterdayshero.com.au

People who have joined the site will know he sends out quite a few emails, this is the latest. thought i would share it on the kennel for those interested.

moefromoz

Metal Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, bring back the 80's.
Yesterdays Hero...really is a Hero, eh!
Cheers Langers

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Haha. Nice little story there. Langers is a legend and a funny bloke.

will.i.am

Benchwarmer
Reaction score
Nice work Punter. Good to hear some yarns about yesteryear.

Status
Not open for further replies.