Metallica

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
downloaded a couple of their new songs b4 i buy their cd and from what i'm hearing it looks like it will be pretty f-ing awesome, not their best, but if these sneak peeks i'm listening to are anything to go by, should be their best album since ...and justice for all so i'm happy and can't wait till official release when i go out and buy it :D

S

sandman77

downloaded a couple of their new songs b4 i buy their cd and from what i'm hearing it looks like it will be pretty f-ing awesome, not their best, but if these sneak peeks i'm listening to are anything to go by, should be their best album since ...and justice for all so i'm happy and can't wait till official release when i go out and buy it :D
yeah I have heard snippets. Sounds pretty cool, I cant wait, Lets hope its as good `as the snippets

The Custard

I'm Batman.
Reaction score
haha you talk about Metallica as if, "oh yeah so what just Metallica"

Yet you idolise Slash.

Haha,

Ill give you a hot tip, Slash would struggle to keep up with Metallica. Even the new stuf you meh at.

I once saw an old bootleg film with Sabastian Bach and slash on stage with lars and duff trying to play for whom the bell tolls. One of the easyest Metallica songs there is and Slash farked it right up, He sounded farked. lol.
Did it also mention he probably just shot a cap of Heroin and drank a bottle of JD?

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
geez that first 5 mins bored the bajesus outta me, i nearly gave up

last 3 mins has potential, but i want to hear the album before i see anymore videos i think, because having to watch james with his billy goat gruff chin and his elvis hairstyle is just way too off putting for me

having said that, i really don't like james vocals anymore, even his down n dirty is pretty squeaky clean nowadays, he's lost his edge, but each to their own i guess and i'll find out on the album if he's able to recapture that or if it will be something i download and ignore

here's hoping

mantissa

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
i heard that velvet rivolver are touring australia around about christmas time i am going i cant what for slash

mantissa

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
oh my god my mum works for ticatek and she just raang me up and guns and roses are touring aussieland for a reunen !!!

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
geez that first 5 mins bored the bajesus outta me, i nearly gave up

last 3 mins has potential, but i want to hear the album before i see anymore videos i think, because having to watch james with his billy goat gruff chin and his elvis hairstyle is just way too off putting for me

having said that, i really don't like james vocals anymore, even his down n dirty is pretty squeaky clean nowadays, he's lost his edge, but each to their own i guess and i'll find out on the album if he's able to recapture that or if it will be something i download and ignore

here's hoping
Hard to be perfect for 30 yrs

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hard to be perfect for 30 yrs
i kinda gave up on them after 'and justice for all', so i'm not really sharing the perfect for 30 years part :p

metallica for me is like parramatta waiting on a premiership, had their time, pretty good back in the day, but i'm still waiting for the magic to come back
and waiting.............. :p

M

mofo sixx

i kinda gave up on them after 'and justice for all', so i'm not really sharing the perfect for 30 years part :p

metallica for me is like parramatta waiting on a premiership, had their time, pretty good back in the day, but i'm still waiting for the magic to come back
and waiting.............. :p
yea same! they peaked with Puppets, platueaed with & justice & have been floundering ever since *black album meh not a big fan*

& yea it was the last part of this song i liked the first half is boring,

not a song i would listen to more than a few times

that said this song at least the drums dont sound like tin cans unlike st anger

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
yea same! they peaked with Puppets, platueaed with & justice & have been floundering ever since *black album meh not a big fan*

& yea it was the last part of this song i liked the first half is boring,

not a song i would listen to more than a few times

that said this song at least the drums dont sound like tin cans unlike st anger
i'm the same with the black album

the ending wasn't too bad at all, not becuase it was the end either :p

anything not 'st.anger' is a good thing :D

Premiers04

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I assume the first song your talking about is their first released song 'The Day that Never Comes'.

It isnt a bad song, it goes alright, a bit different but I kinda enjoyed it. I have heard the whole album it leaked and there is alot of very good songs on their that bring back that old raw sound.

My Apocalypse, Cyanide are both on the Metallica Website and well worth listening too.

If you get the leaked album it is a very good album ****s all over St Anger, although Unforgiven III is a tad strange

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
oh fark..........unforgiven 3?

see, i hate that song and it's sequel, now the cowboys have made a trilogy?
i really don't like anything they have released since 'justice'

my time was during the cliff burton era and justice, so everything else was downhill for me, it's not what I want from metallica, but it's what they want, that's cool, i'll just leave them behind unless they grab my attention, but I don't like james vocals anymore, so they're really gonna have to work their asses off to grab my attention again

i still hope, but they're a completely different band now, so i'm not optimistic

Ted67

Old Dog
Reaction score
They should be called Lica these days, not much metal there tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.