Who should be 5/8 next year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

madmike38

bullmike68
Reaction score
roberts should never be seen in first grade again,for an international he has **** all to offer

Spudowsky

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Im hoping that brett kimmorley could have some input into this once the pre season gets underway next year. It looks at the moment that holdsworth is a lot more comfortable in the halves than roberts. Experience in that area has been lacking since the loss of shifty.

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Barba at five eight, Kimmorley at Half back Holdsworth at lock and Roberts of bench as utility

MPS

I'm Old Gregg
Reaction score
I've dropped this before - Koups?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What an original idea for a thread.....

BALLY

Waterboy
Reaction score
barba 5/8,roberts bench at best or piss him off,im sick of hearing of him and his had enough chances as ive said before.he's been around a couple of years now and isnt improving as a player.would have to be the most inconsistant player in the nrl...

bulldogs2010

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
DJ & Roberts are both shocking.

Id pick Ben Roberts, Not on current form, but because of what he can do when his in form. If he can re-find the form next year of earlier this year he'll be great gunners.

houndmeister

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
DJ. Solid passing game and throws a good flat pass, decent support player also.
Roberts can run and bust a few tackles that is it. No vision what so ever. Ultility player at best

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Ben Roberts is a centre. He won't get that either - Josh Morris will get it. I say Barba with Groom on the bench.

S

sandman77

I think Ben Roberts is the worst player in the game!I would much rather Daniel Holdsworth!I wouldn't put Roberts in any position,not even on the bench.I think he is useless!He can't kick.He just kicks and hopes and he never makes a break or sets anyone up for a try.Does anyone agree with this!
There are aspects of DJ game @ 5/8 that I prefer over Roberts. I would generally say DJ, But the fact we will have Noddy, Given noddy will direct most of the play I think DJ would be best option.
I still think there is room for roberts in our squad.

racin jason

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holdsworth at 5/8, Roberts to play outside left wing. Barba at fullback, Patten won't be back unfortunately.

Chappo

Bulldog Pride
Reaction score
We have persevered with Roberts and Holdsworth for long enough and neither one of them is good enough to be in first grade. I can't believe we are playing this pair in the halves and then we make a young kid like Barba play out of position at fullback in his first couple first grade games.
All we are doing is risking blowing his confidence by being exposed as out of position and out of his depth.
Barba played as a fullback before we recruited him.

Status
Not open for further replies.