Not open for further replies.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
ben roberts shud b tried at prop tbh

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Benny could make a good centre, and I always thought he would make a good hooker if he got used to the position and how to play it.

But I agree with Ben Godberts, behind a good forward pack and with a good halfback, I think he can prove he is a good 5/8th.

The form shown by Roberts in the first quarter of the season is testament to this, and hopefully come next year he can rediscover that form.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
he is a 5/8 and thats it...at least we are gonna have a half decent pack next season and that will make his job alot easier and with kimmorley in the no.7 jersey...who knows what could happen:grinning:...im definately looking forward to next season

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He is as dumb as they come. We should release him, he wouldnt make first grade in any other side.

MattO

Rocky Power
Reaction score
Ben Roberts best position in 2009?

Ben Roberts is a player I have mixed views on. I like him because he was the centre of one of our most famous and controversial articles when we leaked out the exact Bulldogs side to play Canberra in a 2006 semi final and caused uproar. Roberts was the late inclusion at centre, only days after my X-Factor article about him and how he should be in the squad.

This year Roberts has fallen away dramatically and sadly Folkesy hasn't really experimented with the side and tried something different with Roberts except two weeks on the bench.

Where would you play Roberts next year?

Would you play him at five-eighth outside Brett Kimmorley?

Would you consider him in the centres and have Ben Barba and Brett Kimmorley as the halves?

Would you use him as a Utility interchange player?

Perhaps tell him to say hello to Terry Lamb and he's your Coach in 2009?

Or just release him and hope someone signs him up and just pay whatever dividend there is?

Now for my opinion. Be like this.

Moore: Hello Ben.
Roberts: Hello Kevin.
Moore: Terry Lamb will be your Coach in 2009. He is over there.

MattO

Rocky Power
Reaction score
Can I have these options added in for the poll? Wouldn't let me do it.

Ben Roberts best position in 2009?
1 Five Eighth
2 Centre
3 Interchange Utility
4 In Baa's Side
5 Released/Gone

K

KL

5/8.

if it doesn't work out after 5-6 weeks then say hello to Mr Lamb

MattO

Rocky Power
Reaction score
Mods: I asked for a poll on his 2009 position. Not a merge. Anyone going to answer?

Earthquake

In Des We Trust
Reaction score
Roberts is a centre. Next year I'd put him in the centres.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
5/8th to start the season and if he fails to fire, to the bench as a utility with Barba as 5/8th.

Doggiez08

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I dont see Roberts as a centre. Especially if we sign Boyd. Bench would be the only spot for him at best. He has had long enough to prove himself and hasnt shown anything.

BALLY

Waterboy
Reaction score
hes had too many chances as it is...would be best suited off the bench as he can play various positions

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lets try Barba in the halves, Roberts to the centres and Emelio at fullback, now is the time to try stuff, not next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.