The CAR thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue&White

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have heard they are the quickest car with a H patten box around Nuremberg.

How did you go with that tender?
Mate, we came second to Bluestone Group, the same company that won the tender to redevelop Shark Park. Was very close though. Onto the next deal.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mate, we came second to Bluestone Group, the same company that won the tender to redevelop Shark Park. Was very close though. Onto the next deal.
Thats a shame. Keep on punching.

Give me a call on the next one.

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Does anyone know anyone that has bought a Nissan Elgrand? We are looking at getting one but I want to know whether they have had any trouble with them. They look very nice for a van and are very comfy. They're not cheap but I think they are the best option for my fam.
I don't know why Nissan don't sell them here themselves. I am spotting heaps of them around so they are getting pretty popular.

We are looking at something like this.
http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Nissan-Elgrand-2008/AGC-AD-14857723/?Cr=29&sdmvc=1

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nissan build good engines but I doubt any of us here would have any experience with a Highway star.
That front spoiler needs to be remembered when parking against gutters and car park stops.
Those black seats will get hot and need covers and spare parts would be scarce, ask Nissan is that motor used in Australia.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Does anyone know anyone that has bought a Nissan Elgrand? We are looking at getting one but I want to know whether they have had any trouble with them. They look very nice for a van and are very comfy. They're not cheap but I think they are the best option for my fam.
I don't know why Nissan don't sell them here themselves. I am spotting heaps of them around so they are getting pretty popular.

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Nissan-Elgrand-2008/AGC-AD-14857723/?Cr=29&sdmvc=1
Edward Lee Motors on Parra Rd import them.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
For that sort of money you would be haggling and telling them you can get them cheaper, look for a Brock wagon that holds its value.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score

They have best engine its class VQ35 which is the same as the 350Z but tuned down.

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
I wouldn't recommend going to Edward Lee's, they're known to be a dodgy dealership around the import community

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
They have best engine its class VQ35 which is the same as the 350Z but tuned down.
The VQ series of motors won "world engine of the year" for a few years straight. It's in my navara it's in the maxima and both the zed's 350 and 370 and the GTR has twin turbo VQ.

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I read a few bad things about Edward Lees, but also some good things through my googling. There are heaps of dealers with them along Parramatta Road these days so i should be able to get exactly what I want. I have looked into it a bit and basically as long as you have the de-registration papers to check the Vin number, and mileage at de-registration to see that they match. I heard there are some dodgy ones that replace the odometer chip from a written off vehicle to make the mileage look way less than it actually is.

One of my clients has an Elgrand and he is very happy with it. They are heaps more comfy than most of the other vans and have some good features. The engine as mentioned is used in other Nissans sold here, so parts are no problem.

My wife wants the Hyundai IMax but they look plasticy and not that comfortable from reviews I've read. Just a converted cargo van and they don't have automatic doors like the Elgrand, and are heavy to slide especially on slopes which is what we have on our driveway.

Bob Dog, We had a Ford Fairmont wagon with the dickie seat previously but it's too small.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I wouldn't recommend going to Edward Lee's, they're known to be a dodgy dealership around the import community
Only suggested them because I have only seen them there.

How are they dodgy? Well more dodgy than normal dealers.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Only suggested them because I have only seen them there.

How are they dodgy? Well more dodgy than normal dealers.
I know eh ? How bad do you have to be, if you're dodgier than all the other car dealers ?? I can't imagine what they could be doing ? I'm guessing they must sell re-birthed, cut and shut, number jobs made from heroin !?!

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
All you got to do is literally google 'Edward Lees dodgy' and all sorts of results come up

But on a personal experience, I've been there to look at a few cars and from what I've seen they're terrible

There was a massive dent in a panel which you can't replace, and Phil Lee (who runs the business now), was oblivious to the fact it was there and kept talking sh*t trying to change the topics..

Phil Lee does not know much when it comes to cars, plus his got a YouTube channel where he'll occasionally upload videos of cars they buy from Japan before it arrives in Australia.. there's one where they bought a S15 which had been involved in an accident, you could see the impact and such on the rear panels yet when the vehicle arrives in Australia, it would've been labeled "clean fresh non-incident import"

They've gotten a very bad reputation, all importers are dodgy one way or another but for me Edward Lee's are certainly up there

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
All you got to do is literally google 'Edward Lees dodgy' and all sorts of results come up

But on a personal experience, I've been there to look at a few cars and from what I've seen they're terrible

There was a massive dent in a panel which you can't replace, and Phil Lee (who runs the business now), was oblivious to the fact it was there and kept talking sh*t trying to change the topics..

Phil Lee does not know much when it comes to cars, plus his got a YouTube channel where he'll occasionally upload videos of cars they buy from Japan before it arrives in Australia.. there's one where they bought a S15 which had been involved in an accident, you could see the impact and such on the rear panels yet when the vehicle arrives in Australia, it would've been labeled "clean fresh non-incident import"

They've gotten a very bad reputation, all importers are dodgy one way or another but for me Edward Lee's are certainly up there
So they re-badge 2007 skylines as 2011 models, originally theyre have high mileage and reduce them by 40-80k and sell them at top dollar.

Status
Not open for further replies.